Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Fuligin posted:

Repostin' here :How's peoples performance? Mine has definitely gone down significantly but I've seen reports on the Paradox forums that it's much better than before, so I'm not sure what's going on. Also I'm having some weird zoom issues.

Are your graphics drivers up to date? I've had similar problems with other games and an outdated driver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Rincewind posted:

10/10 GOTY :siren:

Yes!

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

As to non western nations having too few MPs, why not make development cheaper, and then for the Americas, cut the development level in half a few years after contact with Western nations?

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Is it a bug that I'm not getting any Patriarch Authority popups as Moscow?

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Bishop Rodan posted:

As Poland, I'm guessing I should form the Commonwealth ASAP?

No. There's a lot of non-accepted culture, wrong religion provinces. You should get the PU ASAP and then wait until you finish Humanism to form the PLC.

e: and feed Lit as much territory as you can before hand so you don't have to pay the Admin price to core it.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

TTBF posted:

This is a real "Well, it depends" question. My first time, the Janissaries never bugged me as long as I had money to give them, and I had a ton of money to give them. The second time I played the Ottomans I wanted to be rid of them as soon as I could. I'd suggest sticking it out a bit to see how it goes for you.

The money is nothing compared to what you can be making as the Ottomans. The real problem is the Janissary disaster that ticks up if your leader doesn't have a five or better in any stat and you have less than 70 army tradition. You have to war a lot to keep it from firing.

e meant to quot other dude

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Agnostalgia posted:

how would this ever happen as the ottomans

I had to pick the defensive idea group to get the extra 1 AT to wait out a regency once, but yeah, the Janissaries are a good thing to have as the Ottomans. I have seen the disaster fire on the AI a bunch of times since the latest big patch.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Bamford Brownstone posted:

Dumb question, but what was your Naval Maintenance at?

and how obsolete were your ships?

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Bad dice rolls, then.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

I believe the correct word is antimaliuses.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Pellisworth posted:

antimaliises

Which declination is that?

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

TheFluff posted:

That's a great idea that I didn't even think of myself, but unfortunately Scotland is guaranteed by France and I don't really feel up to handing that just yet.

How many countries would they have to get access from to reach you? Their navy is poo poo at the starting date.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

1. Have good credit.
2. Order a bunch of poo poo off QVC.
3. Never throw anything away.

You're welcome.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Please just say bonuses and penalties. Making up words doesn't make you look smart.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Node posted:

Is this new, or have I just never noticed it before? I love how there is a "You're loving terrible." penalty in a peace deal.

It's it the 1.15 patchnotes that I just read five minutes ago.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

DurosKlav posted:

Is it weird that I'm incredibly excited by the fact my current ruler is 6/6/6 and I'm getting the full benefit of him as ruler from the moment he turns 16? I was very excited when he was only 6/4/6 but then he got an event to improve his diplomacy and I got 2 off it.

He'll be dead in 10 years.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

DurosKlav posted:

Well that certainly wasnt an exaggeration. By the end I was at 750k manpower and about 1500 force limit.

It was a lot of fun though and the first time I feel like replaying the same country again right away to see if I can do better. I was a little slow off the start and over the course of the game I wasted too much time helping my 2 BFFs Lithuania and Poland for no gain. Only managed to get all of India around 1790, then just kind of stopped trying to do anything. I bet I could have chunked Ming somewhat.

Good job keeping Korea from reaching the Aral.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kpv1kqjvpw&t=19s

• Locked thread