Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thanqol posted:

I can't think of one strait that does not start the game controlled from both sides. I know there aren't any in Europe, maybe one of the Arabian ones?

Both sides of Hormuz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quadrophrenic posted:

victoria 2 was a masterpiece of game design whose biggest fault was the fact that it largely played itself

That means its a masterpiece of CPU demo design, not game design

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah the event for having a trader and economist is awesome as long as you can afford the stability. Isn't it +10 mercantilism?

I still hire the 'useless' +money advisors because they are cheaper to run than other advisors that I don't need at the moment like the theologian or inquisitor.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Odobenidae posted:

Kongo gets a bad deal with institutions. The East/West Africans get their tech from Somalia/Iberians but in the Congo you get stuck a dozen provinces in every direction away from any tech at all.

I think that's the idea

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
One of the Madagascar minors also gets bonus chance to capture ships, which is cool. Not sure that its very useful on its own since the chance to capture is so insanely low anyway.

By the way, isnt it weird that ships only get captured like 1% of the time. In real life the British had like half of their man-o-wars captured from the Dutch or Spanish or French at any given point

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Goddamn it paradox. Stop trying to force me to look at the terrain map. It's ugly and 90% of the time doesn't even seem to match the province terrain anyway.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RabidWeasel posted:

I don't see how this is in any way detrimental as only unowned provinces will be coloured, unless you feel that you are likely to mistake terrain features as indicating ownership.

Personally I just never want to see the terrain map at any time

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Forts are terribly expensive unless you have a good province or two or you've got really good trade control. You need more forts the more development you have, even just for the AT bonus. They have to be up to date too which sucks

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They were always good, but only for the attrition

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That map mod has like ten thousand sub-mods that make the colors brighter and the water darker. For some reason he's using a different font mod and the default settings which are atrocious. ANyway I like it because it shows terrain but the terrain is little hand-drawn forests and mountains, like old maps, instead of the 3d isometric abortion Paradox thinks looks amazing and keeps trying to shove down my throat

• Locked thread