Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
if reddit is mad then something good is happening

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
murder everyone on reddit

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

qirex posted:

do all internet communities spawn turbo-racist spinoff forums?

I have a right to post racist stuff, read the constitution

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
only ironically of course. I'm not really a racist misogynist anti-Semite idiot, you see

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

angry_keebler posted:

instead of cursing the darkness why don't they make their own website about hating fat people and sell no fatso tshirts and ike those little squeezy balls that make a pained expression when you squeeze them but they look like little fat dudes and if there's a market they can get rich

fatchicksinpartyhats.com, a member of the portal of evil network

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
also, don't be mean to fat people, they have enough problems. unless they're redditors or wear a fedora or are goons, in which case have at it.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Cold on a Cob posted:

the only good reddit is a dead reddit so yeah, reddit is almost good :)

also I missed all the drama but apparently some kids are angry about something about ethics in fat shaming or are community or whatever, I don't care, I just want to see reddit die.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
yosthreads.php will use the sql front-end for tab-delimited text files.

tabs will be forbidden in posts

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Shaggar posted:

shitpostr

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I care a lot, about websites. allow me to use a nascar analogy

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I've never hear of Ellen Pao before but if she pisses off reddit I'd like to join her fan club

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
if the reddit management cannot make a hard rule banning hate speech then there is no hope for saving that site.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
VC-funded forum drama

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

stealing financial aid or stealing from your dad, which is worse?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
to restate what all of the goony introspection of the last several posts has been trying to say: maintaining a community is hard work that is constantly evolving.

or then there's the reddit solution of saying gently caress it, I'm sure it will work itself out via free speech invisible hand waving.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Update: We emailed a few questions to Steve Huffman, the company’s co-founder and original CEO who has returned to replace Pao. Here are his replies:

Does Reddit have a gender discrimination problem that you need to address?

No.

we solved the problem by getting rid of the females

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
so much shame in this thread, everyone here should just kill themselves

• Locked thread