Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Crossposting since I just found this thread.

kiimo posted:

Here's a super great idea. Let's have guns at basketball and football events.

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/education/article37900224.html

Also

VitalSigns posted:

God, hopefully this teaches the nation a lesson about why electing people who hate the government to be the government is a bad idea.

It sucks that we had to burn down a state to do it, but on the bright side at least the state in question is Kansas.

RaySmuckles posted:

burn. burn, kansas, for my enjoyment

:a2m:

etalian posted:

i hope it ends up as a huge flaming sinkhole

What's up with the idiots in this thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Crowsbeak posted:

Yeah the goal should be winning it back, and then once it has been won back, punishing the places that voted over 80% for brownback by cutting funds as much as possible, while rewarding the rest of the state. Thats a good revenge.

You're talking about funneling money to Lawrence and Johnson County, the rest of the state fears this above all else.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Where exactly, if not Lawrence and Johnson County, do you suppose the 20% are located? That's prime location for realistic voters held hostage by Topeka.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

WorldsStrongestNerd posted:

Native Americans.

Imprison the conservative population of Kansas for life. Give everyone left $250000 and tell them to git to another part of the country. Close some of the poorer and smaller Indian reservations. Tell them they need to work together to form a new tribe and they can just have Kansas.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Zeroisanumber posted:

I predict that KU's going to get state assistance zeroed out this time. Except for the basketball program, of course, because some things are more important than education.

Unironically.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I am still in disbelief that this clown was reelected.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Disagreeing with that policy is disagreeing with Capitalism stop being so unamerican.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

kiimo posted:

I am still in disbelief that this clown was reelected.

http://www.kansas.com/news/politics-government/article27951310.html

kiimo fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Nov 12, 2015

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

In the movie The Campaign (I ironically worked on the theatrical campaign for The Campaign, should have left the title as Dogfight) they lampoon the Koch brothers. I was thinking last week that I wouldn't be surprised if the Koch brothers had anything to do with Brownback getting re-elected by means of voter fraud, like their stand-ins in the movie do. I almost said something to this effect but I didn't want to come off as being too tinfoil hat guy. I bet Adam McKay is doing backflips at this news, he's a prescient wizard.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Tax breaks for the Koch Bros is the ultimate endgame of the Kansas economy.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Let's check in and see how my old state is doing these days...

quote:

But it may have been Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach who caused the most stir by labeling the American Civil Liberties Union and the League of Women Voters as "communists" for challenging the proof-of-citizenship voting law he championed in 2011.

Speaking to a committee of 2nd Congressional District delegates, Kobach said: "The ACLU and their fellow communist friends, the League of Women Voters — you can quote me on that, the communist League of Women Voters — the ACLU and the communist League of Women Voters sued," Kobach said, making sure that reporters in the room heard him.

Oh.

So Kansas politicians are still on the same level as yahoo commenters. Good to know.

edit: also you have to use clear plastic bags instead of purses at K-State athletic events...

http://ksn.com/2016/02/22/k-state-announces-new-clear-bag-policy-for-2016-17/

Which is hilarious considering you can conceal carry a loving firearm next year.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Feb 23, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vitalis Jackson posted:

I can absolutely vouch for this. I am from a neighboring state that is similarly Republican, but I assure you we generally look down with the greatest of consternation at Kansas. Kansans have a reputation of complete and utter stupidity. It is a largely rural state with only a couple of cities with any sizeable minority population. Many folks that live there rarely get outside of their county except for cruises and trips to the family "vacation home" (generally in a trailer park) in Texas. They tote around guns on a regular basis and profess to Christianity--although they may never set foot in a church, and they read astrological forecasts. The state is chocked full of unwed white mothers, and most of the population is receiving some form of government assistance.

Oh shut the gently caress up with that nonsense.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm all over Bernie personally but I'll say at least Cruz is a legitimate politician. Graduated from Harvard Law and is a senator. You might not agree with his views but at least he isn't the comedy reality show option.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Baby steps.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Oh man as if there weren't enough reasons to rag on the Wildcats.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Drunkboxer posted:

It was for a job actually, and will likely only last a few more years. I do think Lawrence is fine though. KC is also ok.

Seafood sucks though. Also I can't find any good Mexican restaurants. Also the abortion stuff is pretty horrifying.

Southwest Blvd.

edit: also this

kiimo fucked around with this message at 17:47 on May 13, 2016

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I know these aren't your takes re: Johnson County but if they were you'd be morons.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gail Wynand posted:

Ah yes, the notorious rich urban elite of Kansas. Kind of like being king of poo poo Mountain.

If your house costs 300 grand congrats you can't afford a studio condo on either coast.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's almost like the Koch brothers are so rich they control the politics of the state for their benefit.

Nah that can't be it, they aren't that rich right?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If that's the Starbucks in the Corinth area yeah they like their peace and quiet. I like that area but the people are a little resistant to change there for sure.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

On the flipside it's become quite the startup tech area.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jason-grill/kansas-citys-downtown-bec_b_4192653.html

fknlo posted:

Dude, they loving love their subdivisions full of the same houses that are all one of 4 colors. Keeping out "those types" and maintaining their property values while trying to have slightly better things than their neighbors are what their lives revolve around.

Whatever keeps Missouri trash out is p cool.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gail Wynand posted:

Kansas City is a startup hub, says Kansas City booster. There's one of these articles for every random city out there, I saw one about Des Moines recently.

Yeah I heard that too. Lincoln as well. Silicon Prairie is what they're calling it. No idea if true or not.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/silicon-prairie-great-plains-midwest-startup-tech-companies-entrepreneurs/

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

That's a glorious post/username combo.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Here is hoping the Tea Party is going away forever.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I've been scared to seek out the Schlitterbahn thread because I don't need decapitation jokes.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

There has been a thread on a Chiefs forum titled "How long until somebody dies on the Veruckt?" that's been going since it opened. It got bumped.

Also the national media is calling it a "neck trauma" which is one way to describe decapitation I suppose.

When they first had dummies testing the thing they launched hundreds of feet in the air. So they modified it a bit, put the people on a big heavy raft and then put a net over the top.

They are going to get sued like double anal sued.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Am I too late to make fun of how they pronounce Versailles, MO?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Maybe it's the fact that I was in Versailles, MO two weeks ago and I'm currently on a boat in the Danube staring at the buildings in Budapest but I'm looking around trying to take what you said and make it work in my brain and I'm having a tough time giving equal reverence to both parties.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vanderdeath posted:

I hate the term flyover country but it seriously describes 90% of Kansas. I'm from Topeka but my family's from a small town near St. Joseph

I spent some summers working in Dearborn. It was the first time I encountered people racist towards Kansas-born Asians.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Is shaming and then defriending Johnson County friends on facebook helping the cause? Cuz if so I'm doing work.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

R.I.P., Sam Brownback.

You were a gigantic failure but at least succeeded in convincing even the most obstinate hard-headed western Kansas Republican that they made a mistake electing you. Baby steps.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So the veto failed in the Senate?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Up and down not across.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm all those things and left anyway.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Some of us are old enough to remember what Olathe was like before it gentrified. It isn't like those batshit whiskey tangos moved away. Just thinking about the Old Settlers Parade in the late 80s sends a shiver down my spine.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

VitalSigns posted:

They want government assistance (money going only to them, personally) and not handouts (money going to other people who aren't them).

Those other people are lazy and it's their own fault. My circumstances are special and I'm in a temporary tough spot through no fault of my own.

Handouts and government assistance programs just encourage the lazy to keep making the same mistakes in life. Why bother making changes to be less lazy if the libs are just gonna bail them out? *charges new Ford F 1-50 to Discover card*

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Um Wichita voting blue? In my lifetime?

:stare:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

He'd also spend his time telling you to pay your taxes and help the poor so it really would put Kansas Republicans into a tailspin.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jeez White Owl lost some weight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Boon posted:

:lol: This dumb mother fucker must have a hell of a time hitting anything past 10 feet.

Favorite Books
The Bible, Frederic Bastiat, Atlas Shrugged, The Reagan Diaries, Trump the Art of the Deal, I, Pencil

Hometown
Wichita, Kansas

you don't say

edit:

"He pursued a Bachelors degree at the University of Kansas where he studied Political Science and Public Administration."

After my initial anger at attending my alma mater I have to say it is pretty vague on how long he was there and if he ever finished.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 6, 2017

• Locked thread