Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ron Jeremy posted:

I thought one of the definitions of a planet was that it cleared its orbit...?

It only has to have cleared its orbit of any bodies of comparable size. Pluto fails this test because of Charon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

RaySmuckles posted:

what is this blaspheme?

That's a natural wild banana, the yellow banana has been so extensively changed by human cultivation that it's barely recognizable.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Two men have been given fines and community service for BASE jumping off the Freedom Tower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz7sxt9xeJE (skip to 2:30)

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

One of these men was punched by a Trump security guard.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

spacetoaster posted:

Looks like they're both hurt.

It looks like he tripped and didn't intend to fall on the kid.

Not bad, but there's stiff competition in the Mayor Sports Fails Hall of Fame.

haveblue fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Oct 15, 2015

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mulva posted:

No Stalin actually wasn't affiliated with either side, he was just crazy Uncle Joe.

That's just what they want you to think :tinfoil:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bob le Moche posted:

Does this mean there's a bunch of trotskyists at Ubisoft Montreal?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

MizPiz posted:

Am I right to assume you could make a profit off selling a gun that breaks after shooting one round as long as it looks enough like something out of a near future fps?

No, you can already get one for free.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

twoday posted:

Soviet screw-tank

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Samuel Clemens posted:

Considering they list Sofia Lamb, I'm assuming that comic isn't meant to be taken seriously.

And a wolf that can't talk.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bad Lip Reading: Swedish Politics?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySnY9HBUAxI

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I thought birds were already doing that without training and state sanction?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smv7cBzg-Ok

And large birds are an even worse thing to have in controlled airspace than drones.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Everyone in this thread holds views that will be abhorrent to the enlightened true progressives of 2250. Kill yourselves.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Who are these people?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

I love how this saves you a few seconds by coming with a built-in facepalm.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Radish posted:

likarish

:catstare:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Literally Esoteric posted:

Oh boy. Here's the competition that beat it, the loving joke of a "multi-use" (read: does nothing well enough to compete with cheaper planes in any role it tries to fill) combat aircraft, which has cost somewhere upwards of a quarter of a trillion dollars to the American taxpayer by my last count, and is probably a death trap for the pilot to boot.

That's:
$250 Billion+ for this one useless government handout to Lockheed Martin
$68 Billion total federal US 2016 budget for education which actually loving matters

Just a reminder for anyone who isn't following this embarrassment to engineering and humanity in general and our country in particular.

Fun fact: I was at an aerospace conference with one of the Boeing designers of the X-32 who shared a great story. He informed the audience of his talk that when the X-32 and X-35 (F-35 test) were parked next to each other, he knew Boeing was going to lose the competition because the flight control tower left their radio on and everyone, including the military officials, could hear them referring to the X-35 as "Rachel" and the X-32 as "Monica". "Because Monica was the fat one!" he helpfully let us know.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

It's ok. The teacher provided some pre-approved topic ideas for the students to choose from:

What is this, Political Trolling 101?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Barometer posted:

Hey, remember this old chestnut?

I seem to remember there being some great comebacks but I don't have any saved, if any of you could help a brother out I'd appreciate it. A friend just posted this idiocy and I want to respond in kind.

Any of these should do.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bip Roberts posted:

Are inert explosives different than not explosives?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W45DRy7M1no

Modern explosives are stable enough that they won't explode outside of the very specific circumstances of a planned detonation. You can smash C4 with a hammer, set it on fire, and more, and nothing will happen. You're still an idiot who shouldn't be trusted with it if you lose track of it.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Guavanaut posted:

Which version of the Bible? They can't just say 'the Bible', that's like having your state bird be 'a pigeon or something'.

:getin:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

703 posted:

Srsly, we haz good newz writerz

(4/for, unless they mean four captives?)

In the article it does say he was one of four captives so they're using it correctly (if a little clumsily). "Held for captive" isn't really an expression either :confused:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I can't wait for Cruz campaign to overreact and clarify he is not a fish monster.

I can't wait for the zeitgeist to rediscover Smith Comma John, Human Being For President.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt2gPAnR8A8

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/728690003363115008

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
We still do that, what do you think the natural sponges sold today are?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Ron Jeremy posted:

Is second life still a thing? Bernie supporters in SL getting griefed by the Trumpenwaffe

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/second-life-donald-trump-bernie-sanders

Only in that the servers are not yet shut down. No one who isn't already far gone has given a poo poo about what happens in there for years.

• Locked thread