Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Saint Freak posted:

Man every reviewer hates the batmobile stuff. How unexpected.

Yep. No surprise there.

I only hope there's a point where the Batmobile is hijacked and you have to fight it. That might make up for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

RatHat posted:

The character the game is named after was just a supporting thread?

M. Night Shamalayamaned!

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I'm avoiding spoilers for this game(even though we all know who Arkham Knight was from day one). But I am hoping there is something as cool as the Joker/Clayface thing in Arkham City. As blah as AC's story was, it was cool as hell when you replay it the second time and notice that The Joker has no bones during his boss fight when you switch to detective mode. I can handle a comic book story if it has something as well thought out as that.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

2 hours in. Great game. I actually like the batmobile fighting sections, but don't care for the driving sections. It needs to have more forgiving controls since this is not a racing game

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Hey guys, I got to the part where the i9 40gHz teams up with the AMD GX 950. I'm having trouble defeating the anti-alias fog shadow effect. I can only get him down to about 30 frames per second before a memory leak causes a kernel error.

Any help?

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Skeezy posted:

It was mentioned in the Games radar review I think but I can't see it.

Same. Saw it in the review. Can't find it in the game.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I was having trouble with the Batmobile for the entire game, but after three shots, I'm ace at it.

I suck at the actual Batman parts of the game now,but my point is that having a very slight delay on reaction time seems to make the Batmobile control very well.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

This is more of a gameplay spoiler and .05% plot spoiler: You can take over the cobra tanks during the batmobile stealth missions with the drone virus, and it will really gently caress them up. Always infect the first drone you can destroy and watch the fun.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

James Woods Fan posted:

I...don't care for this game. I think it's franchise fatigue.

I'm enjoying it about 95% as much as AC, but I agree. I think it needs about 7-10 years off. I don't want something this awesome to wear out its welcome.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I am 85% through the main story line and I have a question for those above me: I have confronted Jason Todd on top of his gargoyle, and I have 30 seconds to escape his gas trap. I've done this about 20 times and still don't know what to do. Please guide me.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

ethanol posted:

I miss the boss battles. I thought they were good and they took them out because you plebs complained about them. now you're going to complain endlessly about the batmobile and it will never be in another video game ever. goons can't have nice things

The boss battles always sucked, but I miss the idea of them.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Mr. Freeze has a giant ice tank. Shoot it with the Batmobile. :shepicide:

Pretty much. I think I'm tired out of Batman: Mech Commander.

I played through this game quickly just to get the ending, and I liked it. Now I'm playing again to 100% it for the real ending, and I don't think I really like the game that much anymore. There really aren't that many villains in the side missions, and when you encounter the villain in a tank, they might as well be anybody. I finally got to encounter Slade after he spends a lof of monologue speaking about redeeming himself against you, and after I finally did 30 tank battles in the campaign for disarmament to fight him, I was rewarded with another tank battle. Slade, I beat you hand-to-hand in Arkham Origins. Killing me with a tank does not redeem you.

This game took the weak boss battles of the previous game and made them worse by making them all tank battles instead. And with how well integrated the Batmobile is into the normal mobility they could have done some really cool things.

How about a boss battle where the Batmobile is on autopilot and is being pursued by a tank while Batman has to chase the tank from the rooftops, land on it, and dismantle pieces of it by hand?

Or a physical villain like Killer Croc. Where Batman can't physically hurt Croc, but can press L1 to call the Batmobile to slide into him just like I've done 100 times to street punks.

There wasn't a single creative boss battle yet. I haven't fought Riddler yet though, but I'm assuming I either punch him once or fight him in the Batmobile.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Since the last couple of pages have had some comic book talk, I'd like to share the single comic panel that got me to stop reading comics.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Why is he called One-Face now? He still has two faces.

Did the writer of this not realize that Two-Face was a play on the term?

Why is he a Titan?

It's even worse. The comic starts out with a breakout at Arkham, and Batman shows up and specifically asks "Where is Two-face" for no reason other than the writer wanted us to anticipate Two-face.

Also, there is a girl dressed as a sexy bunny running around just because they artist wanted to draw a sexy bunny girl.

This was Dark Knight #1. The fact that DC rebooted and allowed this poo poo to be one of the very first things they chose to represent their new universe turned me off forever.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

quote:

Dlc Name : Season Of Infamy
Cost (uk price) : 3.69
Cost (us price) : 6.99
Release Date : December 18-29 (TBA)
Description : Six of Batman's greatest villains have returned to Gotham and are causing havoc. Take down the tanks of Killer Croc, Mad Hatter, Black Mask, Mister Freeze, Ra's Al Ghul and Prometheus

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

There is no way they are going to put 6 villains in one DLC and still give them substance. Season of Infamy is going to be a predator room where you take out Black Mask while the other villains talk over the intercom.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

ayn rand hand job posted:

Nah.

It says they're in tanks.

Which means it's going to be nothing but Batmobile battles.

gently caress off Rocksteady.

I added the tanks part.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

My main gameplay problem with Origins was that you couldn't counter when you were attacking. If they fixed that I would have enjoyed it much more. If WB corrects that then I'm excited about them making new games.

Hesitantly excited.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

You absolutely can counter when you're attacking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In9VIB3jwM4

I made this video back when it came out and I counter three dudes while attacking within the first five seconds.

That's a challenge room. Strangely, I was able to counter as usual in challenge rooms, but not during the main game.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Chasiubao posted:

Is that what it was? I went back to Origins and was getting beaten up by every random thug. That's a loving terrible reason to mess with the game's timing :psyduck:

The game was good in the beginning because the variety of enemies was easy. It got harder in the middle because it got more varied. It eventually relied on Electrocutioner's gloves.

Would have been a 9.5 if they didn't gently caress with the combat, and actually had the Joker stay in prison and not be the main villain again.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

I just tested and I was able to counter just fine in the main game too.

I think you and I had this same discussion when the game first came out because I remember someone showing me a challenge room. That prompted me to try my first challenge room, and the result is that I found challenge rooms to respond like AA an AC. I'm pretty sure that we've been through this two years ago. I believe you. For some reason, I did not get the same experience as you did in game. I did get the same experience in challenge rooms. I don't know why, and I know it doesn't make sense.

XBOX 360, by the way. And it almost crashed every time I called the Batwing.(not that that should affect the combat)

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Spite posted:

Countering doesn't interrupt your attack animations in Origins like it does in the other games. In Asylum you can cancel any attack (except the ground takedown) into a counter and Origins feels much less lenient to me.

Yep. I wonder if ImpAtom just has different synapsis then some of us. Origins did not feel the same as the previous two games to me.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

As I posted above I've literally looked through videos of other people playing the game and they are able to counter enemy attacks. So if I've got some kind of superhuman magic reflexes they translate to other people as well.

I guess we will figure this out in two years when WB makes their next Batman game. It's not worth looking into now because I think we exhausted this a couple of years ago.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Mr. Freeze was the only great fight in the Arkham series.

I enjoyed Ra's al Ghul, Solomon Grundy, and Clayface through. They weren't anything special, but they were 3 out of the 4 real boss battles in the series.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

redbackground posted:

What made it more fun for me than anything is that I had no idea it was coming. Clayface being introduced at point blew my mind and it's a pretty energetic little sequence there. It was a good night, that.

The coolest thing about the Clayface fight was going back and noticing all of the hints they gave you that Clayface was playing the Joker half of the time.

Maybe Clayface should be considered a real boss fight just because you had to play through a second time to appreciate the build-up.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

I predict that Mad Hatter's battle is Batmobile race while drugged.

Ra's al Ghul is a fight against his henchmen with him just randomly jumping in with a fencing sword.

Killer Crocker will be a detective mode mystery culminating in a QTE battle.

And Mr. Freeze will obviously be a tank.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Wendell posted:

I have to do all 243 loving Riddler things in order to catch him? Goodbye 100%.

The saddest part of that is that The Riddler fight is the only actual boss fight in the game.

It's a lovely, easy, uncreative boss fight; but still the only boss fight in the game.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Crows Turn Off posted:

I hope this is their last Arkham game. Or they announce a Superman game.

There will never be a good Superman game.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Spacebump posted:

Is the Riddler boss fight worth doing all the riddles?

It's the only actual boss fight in the game, but it's still an Arkham series boss fight complete with 100 minions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Seventh Arrow posted:

Just played the "Season of Infamy" DLC and I thought it was pretty cool overall, especially the Killer Croc stuff. Very atmospheric, and the boss battle was great, if a bit brief.

The boss was same as that boxer dude.

• Locked thread