Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Holyshoot posted:

Lol if your guild wasn't 20 manning MC to get their tanks the over powered as poo poo TF drops.

TF was nice but the damage was nerfed in the naxx days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Holyshoot posted:

Those outfits look dumb. But that is because I prefer plate looking armor.

Take that dark knight and "knight".

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

OH poo poo someone actually figured it out.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
When is the patch?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Kuvo posted:

Games > The MMO HMO > FINAL FANTASY XIV: muli pulling disrespects the content

I love how much shaming happens in this game.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Maelstrom is the best grand company, uldah and tree people are lame morons. Why would you not want to be a pirate?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

loquacius posted:

Ul'Dah is the best-looking city (it reminds me of the city from FFXII) and my character started off there so I was tempted to go Flames, but Maelstrom is cooler even despite those

Best looking for a slum. Go to port town of sea awesomeness. You can actually see weather effects roll into the town because your vision isn't blocked by walls everywhere.

The walls are invisible and give the illusion this isn't a cramped ps3 mmo.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Leofish posted:

Every day I play and I get further along in the story, and I regret starting as a Lancer in Gridania when I should have been a Marauder or Arcanist and hung out in the port city with ships and that bomb-rear end lighthousecrystal.

Also, I should have been a Sea Wolf.

Oh well, the forest is still pretty cool and there's moogles. :3:

When 2.0 i forgot my 1.0 account so I started over. My install from the cd was hosed and if I loaded any outer liminsa I would crash hard. So I had to make my character in uldah. When I found out it was just my install I reinstalled to I could play warrior. My character is forever scarred being born into uldah poor people town.

You can just switch grand companies, it is a month cooldown on switching. Your character will forever treat Gridania like your home town, that part is lame.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

How dare that player sell an item cheaper!

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The battle is just beginning.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Belzac posted:

Where did all our casuals go?

They left like 2 months ago.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Belzac posted:

Oh, I guess we should bring them back by putting materia slots on raid gear. That will get them back right?

Only if the materia can only be gained on savage mode.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Reading that post about jp had a greater better community is just nuts, they have double the amount of people in NA to clear A4S. americans suck i guess

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Eej posted:

Yeah but they also have informal banlists on various chan sites where people anonymously gather to poo poo talk people and shun them from groups, justified or not, because they don't want to be seen publicly stirring up poo poo so you know, grass is greener.

I doubt its on the levels of helldump but it seems like they keep it out of japanese reddit posts.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Just play the game and figure it out.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Some will tell you different things, others will tell you theirs is the best and shun you if you disagree. Play the game and figure it out on your own.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Mr. Nice! posted:

Dude you don't have to still be salty about being wrong. I'm wrong all the drat time. It's ok to be wrong, accept it, and move on. If people continue to give you poo poo about it and you make a big deal of it, people will continue to give you poo poo because it's funny.

You should just chillax man, you take it too seriously.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Dr Pepper posted:

Are you a gimmick poster like Technogeek? Where are you getting these from?

Its not like they actually tried to make the tanks different, I mean come on, taunt?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Delete all jobs, only red magers.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Belzac posted:

Look at these guys who don't know me. I've been shitposting in XIV threads before you were even a Warrior of Light.

I played the abomination of the initial release, still have my account on the offsite that was never updated ever.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm wondering how you use half a job.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Technogeek posted:

Sorry but I think you're wrong. I've invested 60m+ into my airships, ALONE, and over 10m in housing glam, ALONE. I spam dungeons for gear to accumulate 50-100 cerulean tanks a day, paid for own house, and worked with family to build my freecompany. Some butthurt person in the future, has no rights to any of that, regardless of how much they don't like my thought process, or what I say.

This mentality right here is what keeps me from inviting anyone to my FC. I'm sitting at 8 people, 4/5 active, and I'll likely forever keep it this way knowing people like this are out there.

I Am Jack's foaming rage.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

TheRagamuffin posted:

This is more how I'd imagine it working. I just miss playing a primarily CC-oriented class, and Blue Mage seems like a perfect fit for that. :(

Enters raid, everything is immune to all spells.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
First thing that comes up in the balance meetings in Japan, is "are the Gaijins "ok" with this?".

Artist depiction of the meeting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonn%C5%8D_j%C5%8Di

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Nov 5, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Empress Theonora posted:

if you want a game that neglects all other activities in favor of raiding world of warcraft is right over there

you'll have ten months to catch up with the current expansion before the next patch, too!

There is so much other stuff to do in wow other than raiding.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Don't even get me started on the IZJS. Great concept, dismal execution, especially since you can very easily gently caress yourself out of even a half-decent party composition if you don't do your homework beforehand.

You cant lose the IZJS story mode no matter what classes you pick, they made the game way easier.

You have to try to fail pretty bad also since you get to take half the classes. Only 4 of them are kinda meh, the rest break the game.

It also let status affects land on bosses, the breaker class can literally break the game by making the hardest hitting bosses hit for nothing.

The shame about FF12 is Basch didnt test well so they made Vaan so he could be the teenager main character whose lines include "yay" and "ok guys". While Basch is only one talking about the retelling of star wars that FF12 is.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

drunk asian neighbor posted:

I didn't realize any of that. Makes sense that they make the game a little easier when you can only designate 1 person each to cast the stronger magicks in the game. The original version of Yiazmat was like a 3-4 hour fight with all your characters' License Boards unlocked fully, and thinking about trying that fight with only 1 person each who can cast Full-Raise/Full-Cure and Flare/Scathe/whatever BLM spells gave me a mild stomachache.

Also you forgot that as bad and one-dimensional of a character Vaan was, they pushed so hard for him to be the protagonist that they gave him an even more one-dimensional support piece in Penelo. What a pair of worthless characters.

A single archer can solo Yiazmat in 2 mins in IZJS. BLM is actually a power house because the damage cap is removed also, but casting in general still has a cap because in FF12 only one spell can be casted at once by anyone on the screen.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

The Grimace posted:

The specifics behind a lot of the backroom issues of FF12's development are still kind of hush-hush. The general idea seems to be that Vaan was added fairly early into development, but the actual script for the main story wasn't terribly rewritten from Matsuno's original vision. The game starts off with Vaan wanting to be a sky pirate and then as soon as everyone leaves Rabanastre, it goes full into the Princess Ashe storyline, turning Vaan into a completely ancillary character. He quips up here and there like you said, but he never actually does anything to strengthen his own character development... and Penello just gets kidnapped, that's the extent of her character.

Then, at some point Matsuno had a physical and mental breakdown, forcing him to leave the project. Hiroshi Minagawa and Hiroyuki Ito stepped in after that, but it's hard to say how much they changed of the game's actual story. They are both very competent people though: Minagawa, having worked on every other Ivalice title but Revenant Wings, and Ito being the creator of the ATB and one of the driving forces behind FFs VI and IX. At the end of the day though, I would really have liked to have seen what Matsuno's original plan for XII was before the draft was changed and he was forced from the project due to extreme pressure.

For what it's worth, I really like Vaan. Not so much because of XII, but because of Final Fantasy Tactics A2, in which he actually has a plot presence and is represented to be pretty cool. They also give him a shirt, which makes him more bearable.

Matsuno also designed the license boards too. They had "classes" like in IZJS but removed them so people wouldn't have characters locked into a class.

This all backfired because everyone made black white samurai mage knight ninjas with all the characters.

Vaans the main character, his story starts in the next game. That's just amazing.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Black_Oni 165 posted:

Progress update.

Started as Lancer, got to 15, got the class skill and then went and got all basic classes unlocked from the various cities.

Someone please convince me to not go craft/gathering crazy and build stuff for literally each class.

Be careful with crafting skills, if you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss will also gaze into you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
How is the new patch? The game was getting mighty stale.

• Locked thread