Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Okay. It's 2 minutes to 9am. I have the day off work.

Let's loving do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

My email says early access is starting 9 GMT

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Okay i'm confused. It's 9am right now but the internet is telling me its 8am GMT+00? Did they not take daylight savings into account or something?

gently caress.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Well thats what I get for just assuming the email from Squeenix was 100% correct.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Servers up exactly on time. Well done, Square.

it'd be great if they were working

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

yep, Primal is hosed

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Creeping Chaos posted:

I can see my characters on Odin (Aether dataserver) but not on Excalibur. :v:

I just wanna play your game Yoshi!

{Same}

I'm also trying to change a characters name and its not letting me

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

changed to my dragon man finally :swoon:

i'm soooo close to logging in.....

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

i'm now getting a 1 second loading screen followed by world data unobtainable

which is better than it was 10 minutes ago which was no 1 second loading screen

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

woohoo i'm finally in

edit: aaaand out

Oxygen Deficiency fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Jun 19, 2015

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

since i'm back in lobby hell, where is the quest to start HW?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

that was a fun 2 minutes :thumbsup:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

looks like everythings fixed now yaaaaay

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Talk to the guard at the gate at steps, hell tell you all the requirements needed to get in.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

orange juche posted:

gently caress my life

Apparently this is a recurring error and there is no fix for it, tried deleting the patch files, tried using a VPN, tried restarting all of my network equipment. :rip:

this happens to me every patch, just restart it. it picks up from where it left off.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Should I be worried about the fact that the PS4 version of HW isn't checked on my account?

I've been playing the expansion since Friday with zero issues and just recieved my physical copy today but I don't see anything like a registration key or a way to register it on mogstation. Basically my concern is that is it possible mogstation won't recognise my PS4 copy after early access has ended?

edit: nevermind, I just started up the game and it registered it for me. :doh:

Oxygen Deficiency fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jun 24, 2015

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

Really, there's no end to my whining.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Is there a place I can read about the Alex loot system cos it sounds convoluted as gently caress.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Potato Jones posted:

Normal Alex: There are 4 floors, each of which drops various items that can be turned in for loot in Idyllshire. You can only take one piece per floor per week. Each floor drops two chests.

That's it. The people outlining the optimal loot path, etc., are outlining which pieces to get from where to provide the theoretical fewest runs possible for them. In practice, this means little as statics are running each floor way too many times to get everyone the pieces they need.

The breakdown of floors/parts is like this:

Bolt x1 = Accessory
Chain x1 = Belt
Pedal x2 = Feet
Crank x2 = Hands
Lens x2 = Head
Spring x4 = Legs
Shaft x4 = Chest

So, you have people who are only doing Shaft from Alex 4, aiming to get the Chest after 4 weeks, meaning that any run in which Crank & Spring drop does not benefit them. Similarly, if three people in a group want Shaft from A4 and two drop, at least one more A4 has to be done.

It's not convoluted, per se, just stupid and wasteful.

Okay, that doesn't sound too bad. I'll probably ignore it for the most part and just be happy if I ever get a useful drop. Thanks for the writeup!

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Chyea posted:

A small sample of the struggle of A3S.

This terrifies me. Congratulations!

Dumb question: how do you tell if you get a world first? Is there an online savage raiding community where you post your times or something like an in-game message sent to the party members?

Tenzarin posted:

Nevereap is fun and I'm a Blm!

{Same}
I'm a 60 BLM and find the new rotations perfectly fine. Also if you abandoned BLM before the Thunder buffs, wouldn't hurt to come back and check them out. From what i've seen, a Thundercloud proc with Thunder 3 hits for about as much as a fully powered Fire 3 now.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Countblanc posted:

She was never cool

Seven Hells!!

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Just finished the story.

- The Flagship dungeon's last boss is a real fucker to heal.
- The cutscene after it is extremely :catstare:.
- Popehat, why must you abandon us? :negative: I wanted you for my pretty princess collection.
- Estinien, you are a dumbass. I wish Ysayle was here to slap you / tackle you bodily to the ground.
- The voiceacting owns in Heavensward from pretty much start to finish. Aymeric's "uh, and who would you be, Mr Nice Dragon" was fantastic, and I relatedly got mild chills from everyone kneeling to Midgardsormr.
- No loving onscreen monument to Ysayle? <:mad:>

- Of course everyone else carries a medieval weapon and Merlwyb carries a double-barrreled shotgun-pistol. :allears: The fascist expansionist admiral of my heart.

Edit: - And, naturally, the post-credits stinger. The Emissary sounds so disappointed. Also, Team Evil On The Moon.

No joke, Ysayle was my favourite part of the expansion story and i'm going to miss her super hard :smith:. That point where its just you, Alph, Estinien and her wandering around Ishgard was the high point of the story for me.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Guess i'm one of the few repping non-emo looking Au Ra males. I don't know how anyone could have seen the goku hairstyle and not instantly Fantasia.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Etrips posted:

This is going to sound dumb, but how do you glamour items?

There's a level 50 quest you need to pick up first in More Donuts afaik. After that you need to meet some requirements:

-Have the correct glamour crystal in your inventory
-Have both the item you want to wear and the item you want to glamour in your inventory
-The item you want to glamour must be of a lower item level than the item you are glamouring on to and it must be something that you can equip on your current class

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

more like dICK posted:

I like Aurum Vale tbh. Trash tier dungeons for me are totorak and halatali. I like everything else.

I cannot stand Qarn. As soon as I reach the level required to get it in lldr, I switch to fate farming.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

Korean-version exclusive outfits.

I am mad about this.

Aw man, I want that hat. :(

If I switch my language to Korean will it somehow fool them?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

sword_man.gif posted:

short answer: no

long answer: no, and how do you have such a poor loving grasp of what "separate, segregated servers" means

Calm down friend. It was a joke.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

The Chairman posted:

GMs do take harassment seriously in this game, especially in duty finder. There was some GM confusion about it earlier on, with some GMs saying any votekick reason is legitimate, but they've tightened enforcement of it lately.

I was votekicked from an exdr once for d/cing and taking too long to log back in.

Apparently 45 seconds is too long for some people.

I logged back in just in time to say "sorry :)" before the votekick message came up.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Do PvP and dress up as your favourite fursona animal!

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I feel really bad for the people that still need to do Ultros. Got it for Trials roulette yesterday and people started leaving almost immediately. Luckily we filled back up fairly quickly and managed to get through it but if there were any new people there they'd have been totally screwed over.

It's also poo poo like this why I never choose duty in progress when doing trials. Too many times i've come into an empty steps/ultros.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Gizmo Chicken posted:

3.1 dungeon gear, courtesy of Facebook.

Left to right: Caster, Tank, Ninja, Dragoon, Healer, Monk, Bard/Machinist

oh my god that caster gear huuuuunnnnnngggggg

My hype level for 3.1 just went into overdrive.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

MikeyLikesIt posted:

Came back for the Halloween event, how funny would it be if you fed one of the monsters a cookie and they didn't turn back into a kid, cause it turns out they really were a monster the whole time!

:lol: hire me to write, Square Enix

But one of the monsters did transform into an abomination.

(i'm just kidding, mi'kitten is cute as heck :3: )

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Thundarr posted:

Anecdotally, I finally got around to getting MCH 50 last night. It's a ton of fun just running circles past hordes of monsters while chucking grenados and spread shots, and I can completely understand people hitting 52 and being bummed out that they are now expected to just stand still and turret. Even though it is far more effective at actually killing things.

Same here! Hit MCH 50 last night and finally got to try on my parrot costume.

MCH is a really fun job to play. My only other non-magic based dps class is DRG which is pretty much just "press all the buttons" so having a bit of variety in how I approach dps output is welcome.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I found it. The best patch note.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

VictorKordes posted:

Guys help I did the math in my head but am still unsure, maintenance should be done by 10pm EST tonight?

Move to europe, you can sleep through all the maintenance windows! I can even start the patch download before I go to work tomorrow and it'll be ready when I get home.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

"selene doesn't have any dps skills" :smug:

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I have MCH at 55 and I absolutely love it. It just fits me so well. I enjoyed levelling DRG but since I started working on MCH, DRG seems so boring now. I hope more people try MCH its a really fun job.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Dross posted:

Am I handicapping myself by playing with a controller? Being able to sit comfortably is very appealing.

Absolutely not. I do end-game raid content as a controller SCH and have never had an issue where I felt a keyboard would make it easier.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

drunk asian neighbor posted:

You jest but this is basically how all chests worked in FFXII

e: I think the Zodiac Spear chest in that game had something like a 10% chance of spawning, then a 10% chance of it containing an item and not 20 gil, then a 10% chance of it actually containing the spear. Something absurd like that

e2: not to mention for that chest specifically there were 4 other chests throughout the game that you had to leave untouched, otherwise the Zodiac Spear chest wouldn't spawn at all. The game gives you absolutely zero indication of which those 4 chests are. All 4 appear in normal areas where you would automatically assume to open them.

I remember there was a theory that those 4 chests all appear in cutscenes, being the only thing that might possibly indicate they were in any way important. IIRC it fell apart since one of the chests wasn't really visible in the cutscene it was supposedly in (I think it may have been the Phon Coast one?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Honestly I find BLM so boring now that i'm thinking the next time I use it in a df dungeon i'll rp an ice mage just for a laugh.

Or maybe a fire mage and scream constantly at the BRD/MCH for mp.

• Locked thread