Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

when there are the inevitable server problems and you're bored at work just go read the official forums like the rest of us, it's the same thing but you'll get paid to do it

you have a long, long road ahead of you

Is that even true? Don't you just need the expansion to access the new classes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Renegret posted:

Neither a cat, nor a girl. Just a gentleman in a bear's body.

Blackmage broheim!

Holla.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Booya posted:

I bought this game from green man and mog station tells me my early access code is invalid. Has anyone else had this issue?

I actually got to put mine in and yet it tells me this.

Eh? Do I not own it? Do I own it? The code I got from GMG went in the first time, and successive tries says it's already registered, so I assume it went through.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

bonewitch posted:

Tanking warriors do like 70-80% of the dps of a melee right now which is kinda wild. I was running bismark ex earlier and we had a smn/mnk at 1k, me at 750, war at 700, and another bard at 500.

We also haven't even begun to see any of the stuff we saw in 2.x in terms of melded gear, which'll bump war DPS up to hilarious levels.

Speaking of, anyone have any comparative numbers for DRK DPS? I was running (55) with my Ninja friend and we were killing mobs at about the same rate.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Ciaphas posted:

I got DRK to 54 before maintenance, and picked up Plunge. Does the distance on it--and the animation, actually--feel oddly disappointing to anyone else? :(

The animation is a bit weak, but the utility of it is soooo nice.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
So ... all the talk of classes a few pages back was pretty nice, but.

When are we getting Samurai?

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Gammatron 64 posted:

I need a Raubahn action figure with a spring loaded launching arm

I would kill for Raubahn, Hildebrand, Shantotto, Prishe, or literally anyone from FF6. Or motherfucking Gilgamesh. Nomura, please make toys of your own franchise instead of making dumb looking Batmen

It kinda stinks that when it comes to merchandise, SE pretends that 1-6 and the MMOs don't exist (because those are my favorite ones :smith:).

Seconding this. Especially for Gilgamesh. It hurt my wallet that I had to pay almost out the rear end for one of the only Gilgamesh figures that's been professionally done.

(Got one for about 70$'s)

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Fister Roboto posted:

The one thing I want them to change for the loot system is to add an off-class need button. If you have a class that can equip the item, but it's not your current class, you can click off-class need. Your roll will have higher priority than greed but lower priority than need.

I want a 'pass all loot in this dungeon' button. Does it exist?

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

unseenlibrarian posted:

I wonder if the "don't need to level a second class" stuff means you'll be able to start as a rogue without leveling another class to ten first.

I feel like that would require a change to the character creation menu and is more likely to be seen as an 'unlockable' class still, so I wouldn't place my bets on that. It isn't a hard class to get to these days, anyways, but it is quite silly with HW and soon SB coming out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

So much for RDM/SAM potd runs tomorrow

Could just use baseline abilities in PotD like I plan to. You start at 50.
(And it's not like PotD isn't a mindless slog anyways. Especially with +99/+99)

• Locked thread