Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

What's the best way to use limbal rings? I'm expecting some people to make them clash horrendously just to be obnoxious or whatever but I'm trying to use them to accentuate eye color. Any thoughts?
Limbal rings (and hair highlights) tend to look best if they're a few shades lighter than the main color.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
So the tooltips for Ninja's new enmity skills are really bad. After using Smoke Screen in a dungeon when a party member accidentally drew aggro and found it did not have the effect I thought it would had, I went to the source at a Japanese FF14 database. Shadewalker's tooltip is rather obtuse and unclear, and Smoke Screen's tooltip is outright wrong.

Smoke Screen: Does not reduce enmity of target party member, instead it reduces enmity generated.
Shadewalker: Transfers 80% of the enmity you generate to target party member.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Thumbtacks posted:

So I'm working on the MCH guide on ffgoons and so far I have made a very helpful flowchart so if you ahve any questions let me know so i know what to add

Interesting flowchart, but I noticed it was missing something.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
I got kicked as a healer my first time through Syrcus Tower because I didn't revive the healers in the other groups when they died on Scylla. Also because I probably didn't do mechanics right or something.

Reviving people in other groups is a pain in the rear end on controller.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
My first glamour outfit is complete! :allears:

Ohojo Kai looks really good when you dye it.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

1-10 caps out at +7 for the gear so maybe 11-20 is +14. :shrug:
I got a piece of equipment from +9 to +10 while in 1-10.

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Melee Cyrus
Couldn't find a Wal-Mart background for her photo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010

Zaphod42 posted:

The *MOSTLY* is the problem.

At the very very least the RNG needs to have obvious limits. Some guy is gonna grind 5 FATEs and get lucky and get 5 bonuses in a row, while somebody else does 30 of them and gets 0 bonuses.

Result: Everybody goes back to POTD which is more reliable.

If you're going to do it RNG, it needs to say "every 3 FATEs you're guaranteed to get the bonus" or something similar. At which point, why make it RNG at all?

If people are going to PotD grind, they're going to PotD grind. This change is not for them.

The change is for people wandering around the overworld for whatever reason (gathering, story quests, dailies, what have you) and they see a FATE close by. A lot of the time, they'll run right by it because the hassle of having to sync down and do the FATE outweighs the EXP reward for it. This probably wouldn't change even if you increased the EXP reward to be mathematically similar to the RNG EXP bonus. This is also made worse because players are less likely to participate in FATEs if nobody else is participating.

The RNG bonus attempts to change that - now, there is an incentive to participate in a FATE, because there's a possibility that your EXP will get boosted for a whole hour. I don't know if the EXP bonus will work like rested EXP bonus in terms of incoming EXP it affects, but that's a big change. If you're running by and you see a FATE, why not try for the bonus? This gets more people doing random FATEs and not just FATEs in certain FATE farming areas.

It's pretty much an attempt to appeal to player psychology. A random chance of a bonus buff is much more of an incentive than just upping FATE EXP across the board, even if the numbers turn out the same.

• Locked thread