Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

I was spamming my magitek cannon at the Ishgard gate last night and I forgot to teleport back to the goblet before the servers went down, I hope I don't end up in some sort of overcrowded zone purgatory when I try to log in tomorrow. :ohdear:

SE is introducing (temporary) instanced zones to the 3 HW starting zones on some servers (including Excal), specifically to prevent that.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Oh god why did I set my alarm for a whole hour before the end of maintenance?

Also, now I'm wondering what the hell is The Forbidden Chakra.

Attack that costs 5 Chakra stacks. Dunno the potency, though.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

Great idea YoshiP, let's instance the new areas so they don't get congested! The original areas, the ones that people will need to log into to actually get to the areas without congestion? Oh, those will be fine :v:

Coerthas Central is one of the instanced areas.

Also my character is trapped in the Invisible Void or something. Can't even edit her race.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Error 1014, but I'm a dragongirl now, at least.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

DX11 is great, Au Ra emotes are great, AST is great, everything is great. Also I finally got a chance to solo Garuda Normal in revenge for all those DF wipes.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Lotophage posted:

:coolfish:

Also about how long will it take me to wrap up the main story if I got to 50 in patch 2.0 and then basically did none of it.

A while. Each patch is several hours long.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

So. It turns out Bane was buffed and its description wasn't changed. It now hits an infinite amount of targets.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

It seems that Ravana is leaking.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Niton posted:

Scholar 52/54 are both fantastic. Scholar 56 is.. interesting sounding, but it really should be self-targetable, because it makes spreading Adlo a huge headache.

Scholar 58 and 60 both look very bad on paper, but I haven't gotten to try either.

A note for Deployment Tactics: Whilst you can't cast it on yourself, you can cast it on Selene.

Saigyouji fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Jun 22, 2015

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

So, I hit 60 SCH. I'll be honest here, before Heavensward launched, I was worried, since the new abilities were massively underwhelming on paper. Thankfully, that was misplaced.

Indomitability is amazing, and helps shore up the one glaring hole in SCH's toolset. Broil lets me hit things harder, and I ain't gonna complain about that. I haven't gotten much use out of Deployment Tactics, but that's more because there aren't really many fights that require it yet.

Emergency Tactics I was originally down on, but I've warmed up to it, since it's nice on fights with a lot of AoE, like the final boss of the level 57 dungeon. Dissipation... well, I think it needs some changes. Either a potency buff, or not forcing me to blow a Swiftcast and 20% of my MP every time it ends.

Also, final boss was absolutely amazing, easily one of my favourite fights in the game. The dev team have really improved in leaps and bounds, and it's easy to see.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Boten Anna posted:

I have gotten absolutely poo poo luck for drops; the library after like 6 runs only ever dropped the tanking hands 3 times, and my running total on the expert dungeons is the tank ring 3 times and on the last run, tank feet.

As such my gear is awful and I can barely survive in Defiance never mind playing for real and all my dreams are dying :cry:

Tanaka has forsaken me. How many Expert runs until I have a full set of Law gear? :smith:

From 50-60, I didn't see a single healing chest or gloves. I was still in Ironworks gloves until I bought the i150 gloves.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

sword_man.gif posted:

you weren't looking very hard considering there's mandatory chests from the msq

I meant dungeon chests. The last MSQ healing chest is i139.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

SirPhoebos posted:

I'm still working on the pre-expansion msq (got distracted by Steam Sale), and I noticed in the progression guide that a couple parts involve 8-man dungeons. Is anyone else finding it difficult to fill queues with everyone working on new content, or has this not been an issue?

The roulette for those two dungeons is being used constantly by 50+s right now, because it gives a huge chunk of exp. You'll be fine.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Countblanc posted:

In FFXI there were Tarutaru kids and they were pretty small, I don't think there's been any lalafell kids in game yet though

Lala children were around in 2.x

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

mr. stefan posted:

You joke, but there's at least one levequest that justifies its premise by explaining that rogue birds are a significant threat to the potato population.

There's quite a lot of FATEs that indicate that potatoes are a delicacy to Eorzean wildlife.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

Any word on what last night's fixes were?

quote:

The following adjustment was made.

In the FATE "Vedrfolnir Devoteth," Vedrfolnir will no longer use Aetheric Profusion.

The following issues have been addressed.

An issue in "The Aery" wherein, if the party is KO'd under conditions, a certain movement restriction will not wear off after returning to the starting point.
An issue in "The Great Gubal Library" wherein monsters may occasionally become untargetable.
An issue wherein characters may become uncontrollable if they are KO’d under specific conditions during boss battles in certain dungeons.
An issue in the Dravanian hinterlands wherein the monster narbrooi would spawn in massive numbers.
An issue wherein collectable items became stackable.
An issue in 3.0 areas wherein characters and monsters would become stuck in certain terrain or fall through the map.
An issue wherein using DirectX 11 and playing on Full Screen mode, pressing the Print Screen key rapidly sometimes resulted in the character becoming uncontrollable. (Windows version only)
Due to this fix, if using a Print Screen function through other software, there is a chance that the software may not function correctly while the FINAL FANTASY XIV client is open with DirectX 11. Using the in-game Screenshot function will still work.
Fixed a number of text errors.

I miss the narbrooi murderball.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

And then you get to one of several fights that uses mechanics directly taken from coil boss fights and your party proceeds to stomp it in to the ground.

As soon as the second boss of the final dungeon used Ballistic Missile, two of us instantly moved to resolve it. It was pretty great.

I'm glad Selene has a party cleanse now though, because the Megaflare pillars during the final boss are kind of a pain with a party which doesn't know what to do.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

So, a note on Maker's Mark (the 54 GSM ability), since it's kinda confusingly worded: The duration works by giving you 1 turn of it, plus an extra turn for every 100 max progress an item has. So say, a Yeti Fang Ring of Healing (586 progress) will give you 6 steps of Mark. (Turning out to 240 progress for 20 CP.)

Saigyouji fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 29, 2015

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Are there screens of the af2 gear anywhere?

http://blog.livedoor.jp/umadori0726/archives/43702887.html

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Meldonox posted:

So how do Alex drops work in practice? I get the bit about the tokens, but how many and how consistently do they drop? I'm trying to figure out what a pain it would be to pug this thing since I don't have a static and every other Goon is already playing a tank.

2 tokens drop per floor. You apparently get a free accessory token for clearing Alex, too.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

nuru posted:

Is it a generic token, or for a specific piece? Open rolling?

Tokens are tied to specific slots (all rightside gear uses the same token) and rolled on, yes.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Klades posted:

On the other hand, you now have to win up to 4 lots in order to get the actual item you're after. I want to be optimistic about this but I'm left with this feeling of "hey, remember trying to get sands of time in ST?".

Could always just set up a farm party with the lootmaster system in place.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Rei_ posted:

do any of these fights have an enrage? I've seen several people mistake Self Destruct on A1 for an Enrage. A4 has a soft enrage i think because he keeps getting DMG+ stacks as the fight progresses, but I don't think at any point he'll outright wipe the room

In addition to the Floor 1 enrage, apparently if you take too long on Floor 3, Cascade will flat out kill you.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

I'm already dreading Savage Floor 2, because I can see that fight becoming absolutely hellish when tuned up.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

sword_man.gif posted:

you also get ravana and bismarck hard in trial roulette

Also the final boss.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Sarrisan posted:

Aside from materia, I believe you need to have an item spiritbonded to place it into your armory at your inn room. Which becomes more important once you've filled up all the inventory slots on your retainers, even if it is a pain in the rear end.

Nope. In fact, putting stuff in the armoire will set its spiritbond to 0.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Sentient Data posted:

When I was leveling my thm near uldah I witnessed 2 bots literally flying around to their targets during a fate (up in the air, moving faster than sprinting speed, then landing at a mob that they attack right away), might be related to that

Nah, position hacking has been in the game for ages. (There were bans for it way back when SCoB was released, even.)

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

It's 150% Efficiency + 10% per IQ stack instead of 100% + 20% per IQ stack.

So yes at 6 stacks Byregot's Blessing pulls ahead by a substantial margin and never looks back.

Which helpfully lines up with the fact that you want to be using most your goods on Precise Touch now anyway.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

What monster name was close to titan?

Acheron/Phlegethon. The primal Titan uses タイタン. Phlegethon uses ティターン which comes out as, well, Titan. So initially they renamed him to Acheron, but then Syrcus Tower had a trash mob called Acheron, so they renamed him to a different river entirely.

Saigyouji fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Jul 16, 2015

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Christ, the reqs to even start making 2* level 60 crafts are insane, let alone HQing them. Forced NQ ingredients aren't really helping either.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Vahalla posted:

As a gatherer stuck at work, im curious what you mean by this. The crafter situation is i180 scrip gear for those too poor to Meld the HQ crafted i170. That's not the case with gathering? Is our only option the i180 scrip stuff?

What's the situation with crafting/gathering right side?

Both crafters and gatherers get i170 crafted rightside. There is no scrip rightside at all. Only crafters get i170 crafted leftside.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Lumis posted:

Right-side has new crafted and meldable gear for both gatherers and crafters, though. They are two-star recipes that seemingly require at least the i180 crafting stuff to get the stats for.

It's possible to hit the stat caps if you're wearing HQ i150, it just requires a huge amount of melding.

EDIT: Wearing unmelded HQ i150 Leftside/Offhand, and my old melded i55 jewelery, I have 661/628. You need 718/695.

Saigyouji fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Jul 21, 2015

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Quick napkin maths:

Across the i150 leftside (and i140 belt), you can meld a total of 65 control, 24 CP, and 74 craft. This does not include offhands or mainhands.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Farg posted:

Does anyone know how many esoterics an expert dungeon gives without the daily bonus?

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

The Japanese are slacking. Unless they always clean up and kill the final bosses first like the euros do for wow?

Lucrezia got the world first for A1 (by less than 10 minutes, mind you).

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Evader posted:

Well the quick thing would be, instead of just adding three new classes like they did, to add more job crystals that let various classes transition in different DPS/Heal/Tank jobs, somehow.

I am now imagining a Marauder->DPS job.

Less armor! BIGGER AXE!

The last time they did that, it lead to the problem of "We can't buff Summoner because it would also buff Scholar."

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

pandaK posted:

Can anyone quote or pastebin the patch notes? I can't see the SE site on my phone

Here you go.

e;fb

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Ohtsam posted:

NOPE

ITS MINION BATTLES

Lords of Verminion

Wait, they were being serious with the 2015 April Fools?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Thundarr posted:

Wait, only 200k-ish people have cleared Alex normal? That seems really low. Maybe I just have unreasonable expectations of how many baseline competent people have reached the level cap in this game.

It's not really that low when you consider the total number of subs and the amount of those subs that actually have i170+ characters in the first place.

• Locked thread