Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Sentient Data posted:

Can a parser be installed on a pc to pull packets from a ps4? If so does it have to be on a hub or will it work on a switched network?

I don't think that's been a thing since EQ1, sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

quote:

The following adjustments have been made:
If a pet has been summoned, it will now automatically leave the battlefield when getting on a mount in “Alexander - The Cuff of the Father”.

Aw.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Merrill Grinch posted:

This prompted:

You should report him for using "illegal third party tools" to give you poo poo about your deeps. Nothing might come of it, but he might get suspended for being a dillhole or something.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Kithyen posted:

This one time I had this dude in my dungeon and he didn't do thing and he was bads

tell me more, in essay form with lots of math

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

I skipped through the 2.55 cutscenes. I guess I just had enough PLOT to churn through, and it was pretty easy to figure out what happens.

Mods?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

more like dICK posted:

It's a reference to an actual bug from GW2 that got thousands of people banned.

SWTOR had one recently too, where they lowered the price on a room item you could buy from a vendor but didn't update the sell price, so you could immediately sell it back for 10x as much.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

AF gear is locked to a specific DoH so you can't wear the culinarian AF on warrior.

Which blows, because WVR gear is boss.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Belzac, you seem extra mad today. Is everything okay?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Potato Jones posted:

Edit: If that wasn't white noise enough, You Won't Believe What This Rock Did!

Click Here to See 13 Shocking Rocks!

Science has indeed gone too far.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

OneDeadlyBum posted:

There are some targetting functions that aren't immediately made obvious

L1 + Up/Down on the Dpad also scrolls through the enmity list.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Ith posted:

If you are a tank queuing for A1 in the DF you should be wearing VIT gear since pubbies have a hard enough time trying to clear it. Your +10 DPS from your STR gear isnt going to help at all. So yes you are pretty much the worst.

Source your quotes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Pews posted:

e: realized there is a top hat but WVR only :sigh:

The crafted redo of the Evenstar hat ditches the card but is still BLM/SMN only.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

vOv posted:

There's nothing like watching Bismarck Extreme die a tenth of a second before he would've barrel rolled everybody off.

Likewise, there's nothing like jeopardizing it by autorunning off the edge.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Opposing Farce posted:

I saw so many people kill themselves trying to jump on Bismarck's back before he landed in the first couple of days after early access started.

I tapped L1 and careened off the island itself, near the back, while the three birds were up in the last phase. As a tank.

I'm kinda..yeah.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

vOv posted:

I forget, did you do that in the run where we actually cleared it? I know that things got kind of clusterfucky and we wound up missing a dragonkiller.

I did yeah. Earlier on I flubbed what probably would have been a kill by getting launched off his back :downs:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

BottledBodhisvata posted:

So I have heard various unsubstantiated rumors that the Primal Ponies will be getting flight capabilities. Is there any source to this? Google got me a reddit page but that's it.

Kirin was on the list of "stuff that will fly at some point", but I don't recall the other horses being on there.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

seiferguy posted:

I've attempted Bismarck EX three times with goon groups and have yet to pass it :smith:

Keep trying. I believe in you.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Farg posted:

but wait do you guys believe in me too

Well..

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Barraiya posted:

My concern is the patch is dated 27/5/2014. How many more of these things am I going to have to download on my lovely Australian net connection before I can play?

13GB is (about) the total size of the patches, the date is just the particular file it's on at the moment.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

I watched the Youtube vid of the story-Ravana fight. Has there been much trouble with clearing that?

Generally not. Every now and then you get a party full of idiots who seemingly do everything in their power to die horribly, but realistically you won't have an issue.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

So gear can be crafted or bought with scrips. Are the main hands scrip only?

No, there are crafted versions of those too.

I hope red scrips aren't too awful so I can get my charity WVR AF2 eventually because loving hell.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Vermain posted:

Is there a "best" set of gear for Spiritbonding in HW for the purposes of making gil? Should I just grab the i115 set and fully bond that?

Unless it's crafting gear/materia I don't think you'll be getting much gil out of it, right at the moment.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

DrNutt posted:

Since you can conceivably get the game on two different platforms, say Steam and PS4 (I've decided I'm lazy and might enjoy playing from my couch) does anyone know how trophies work? If I start playing my character on PS4, will previously earned trophies pop, or would I need to basically start fresh? I'm still fairly fresh but I don't have a ton of time to play so I'd rather not start from scratch if I don't have to.

Basically you have to trigger the game checking that achievement again and they'll pop. If you for example, do 100 fates or whatever on PC, next time you do a fate on PS3/4 it checks it, sees you passed the criteria and pops it. Or next time you craft something as a given DOTH it'll check it and clear it off.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

nuru posted:

Having no pvp experience, can I just queue straight into Seal Rock like I could frontlines before?

I think it's 60 only, but yes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

I am normal and do not want to be a anime cat girl.

You have a strange concept of normality.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Whizbang posted:

HW base relics will be crafted with rare quest drops and red scrip materials. Please look forward to it.

gently caress you

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Doublestep posted:

guys i cant use miasma 2 swiftcast is on cooldown

Did you try Surecasting it

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Vil posted:

I think it's Precision for weak only, and Powerful for normal/strong. Weak and normal can be a little tricky to distinguish from each other unless you're using a controller (vibration difference is much clearer). Strong is goddamn obvious.

Yeah. Listening carefully to the sound effect helps, but a controller with vibration on is the easiest way. One tug/sound - Precision. Two tugs/sounds or the strong animation - Powerful.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Mordiceius posted:

Hey fellow goons, I thought it would be interesting to learn the areas where a lot of us live. Go to this thread: http://forums.ffgoons.com/showthread.php?tid=27575

Who knows, maybe we could have a meetup or something if a lot of us live in the same areas.

{I'm not up for it.}

:gooncamp:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Mr. Nice! posted:

It depends. Most dungeons have a negligible accuracy cap, so wear whatever gear you have that's 110+ and gives the best stats. It will all be synced down as an HQ 110 item with regards to stat caps, so you can have a set of gear for level synced stuff that has a better stat allocation than what you might have with your 170 set.

You seriously do not need another set for level synced dungeons.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Eimi posted:

So just random bitching, I'm the person who hates 60 blm. Scrub, git gud, whatever, it took a class I did like and made it stressful and unenjoyable for me. So on that, have any other blms jumped ship, and if so, to what ship did you jump to? I have a mnk at 60 but it just isn't satisfying in the way 2.0 blm was. I'd like something that is essentially the fury war of classes. Because simplicity and hitting hard are valuable qualities.

e: further proof I am an idiot

The only fights that poo poo me as BLM are A2 because I'm guaranteed to gently caress it up and lose Enochian while stuff spawns, Bismark EX (tornados) and Neverreap (TORNADOS). Seems a few people have done the obvious and swapped to SMN which has the benefit of sharing gear mostly.

BLM is still lots of fun for me though, so I'll stick with it.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

funkymonks posted:

I'm a noob ninja so can someone tell me how I know when to use goad on someone if I can't see party member tp? Do I just not need to worry about it until endgame?

You kind of can't know until we get TP viewable (or use an ACT plugin), but you can keep an eye out for things like non-caster DPS being revived, Warriors spamming overpower, tanks doing big chain pulls without stopping, Bards going nuts with AOE, etc.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

I'm morbidly curious. Sometimes you need to see a trainwreck with your own eyes.

http://seventhumbral.org/

Also stat sticks on casters/healers is always a bad idea. Hm yes got this cool rod strapped to my back but I'll just cast everything by lazily touching my temple, that's fine.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Zerilan posted:

How much is a server transfer for a European player using euros?

£12.00 (€14.00 ) per transfer, according to http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/help/option_service/world_transfer_service

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Kitfox88 posted:

i did it

i made an outfit that goes with the q-tip

Sweet Dustforce cosplay

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Don't do Neverreap.

Friends don't let friends Neverreap.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

quote:

・The total number of items awarded from treasure coffers in “Alexander: Gordias” has been increased from 2 to 4.

:eyepop:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

quote:

We have confirmed that the following issue is occurring as of Patch 3.05.

This issue is being addressed, and we ask for your patience and understanding as we strive to resolve this promptly.

[Known Issue]
・While the fisher action "Collector's Glove" is active, catching a fish as a collectable uses up two pieces of bait.

We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

That's a fun one.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Whizbang posted:

Everyone gets their tomes from PVP no matter what you do.

Wolf marks per hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Vermain posted:

The downside is that healing is also mega, mega boring in PVP. I know why they removed Cleric Stance, but part of the reason I like playing a healer in this game is working to balance between DPS and healing, and that simply ain't present in PVP.

I did a 24-person Slaughter the other day as a SCH and still got more DPS than all but one on my team. We won, too (Flames). Draw from that what you will.

• Locked thread