Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Doublestep posted:

lets talk about world pvp again
I played on a PvP server in WoW for ages and it barely amounted to anything. And when it did I was a rogue so I could just Cloak of Shadows, Vanish, and peace out. I'm pretty sure most pvp servers in WoW had serious faction imbalances. I know I barely saw any Alliance around.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

This thread has derailed so bad it needs another derail to get back on topic. Here's a meme.

Needs to bold or rainbow or something "everything" 2/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Oh man I want to be excited but this seems like it could cause so many problems. Everyone's going to be fighting over gold chests for one, and while I like randomized glamours I do not like randomized stats. Like pieces of armor could have any stats? Or will there be set patterns? If it's literally random, like +6 Piety and +126 Skill Speed on the same piece, that will be a fun grind for the hardcore but infuriating for most. I hated it in Monster Hunter, at least. But I'll of course hold off judgment til we know more.
I assume it's going to be exactly as random as existing aetherial equipment. So Vit (if leftside) + Main Stat + two randomly chosen secondaries. (That are relevant to the type of gear so you don't get spell speed or piety on tank gear.)

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

kafziel posted:

Random glamours on Exploration Missions gear can't mean glamours from other classes, can it?
Didn't some of the crafted HW gear have appearances from Wootz gear for other classes?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Excuse you I will be clawing people's eyes out for awesome otherwise unavailable on WAR glamour options. :colbert:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Avynte posted:

Gathering while waiting for dps queues is nice. There's no worry of having to sprint out of combat if it pops at an innoportune time.
I'm pretty sure I've had queues pull me out of combat.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Boten Anna posted:

No, though that I made Yet Another Alt is one of the things wrong with that picture, there are several more!
Let's see, level 12 gladiator in Lower La Noscea... What else?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Orabilis posted:

Not at all. Pick whatever you like.
Depends on the race, some of them have larger visual differences between them than others which is important for playing pretty princess dressup. So obviously it matters very muc!

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Touchfuzzy posted:

And here I was thinking that the upset goons had let the topic drop, but here it comes after about 10 days/15 pages ago.
It's goons. We'll be energy beings in a dying universe, where Terra and even our galaxy itself are long forgotten, and somebody's gonna bring it back up.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

megalodong posted:

It was, but it came in on the very end patch, after the population had cratered from dungeons that were way too hard for the average player in LFD, too hard trollroics, and raids that were too hard to pug like the wrath raids. Like I don't care what your personal opinion is of all that (I liked the hard dungeons a lot), but the quoted post was all about how it was LFR and easy dungeons that made everyone quit and that's just lol.
I think it also only had the very last raid in it too.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

Front lines queues break or something. I was in a 30 minute queue once and someone in FC chat said he was queueing. He was in the same GC and got a pop after a minute or two. I re queued and got a pop 5 minutes later.
I complained about a long queue and an FC mate claimed that it can shove you into a queue for the earlier Frontlines and not move you over to Seal Rock if it's available. And I left the queue, waited a moment, and got an estimated 19 minute queue right away, so maybe they're right?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Space Mako posted:

This is the globe of Hydaelyn that was used in the King Thordan fight.
The what? I missed that, does anybody have a screenshot?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Freak Futanari posted:

That gear looks boring as hell.
Other than the white and black color swaps probably being healer and caster I can't tell what's what.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Do people actually PvP these days?

MisterZimbu posted:

(still beats Neverreap run #215,000 though)
Yeah they do.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ilifinicus posted:

I'm more interested in that catgirl pose which is not in the game
I doubt it will be because it appears to specifically involve the starter catgirl outfit.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Brannock posted:

Druids were horrible for WoW, let's not repeat that debacle.
... Druids? Druids in WoW aren't a pet class :confused:

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

There's a few uses, but none of them are "because I want the stat the materia gives".

I'm really not sure why they're in the game.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

There are Coeurls that use poison? In Toto-Rak? Did you mean the two Ochu minibosses or do I just space out that badly in low level dungeons these days?
The actual monster name is "Coeurl-of-nine-tails".

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Gaudia posted:

So I decided to get back into this after not having played for a year. Is it just me or has it completely died out since? Please tell me I'm wrong.

Revenant's toll used to be incredibly crowded (did engame hangout move elsewhere?).

Are hunts irrelevant? Cause I haven't found a single group, and nobody cared I found an A rank. As terrible as hunts were, being part of an enormous blob racing to a monster had it's charms.
An expansion happened. Everything's about the expansion content now.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Gaudia posted:

Okay this all makes sense, thanks. I'll have to work on my old i100 character to be part of the cool people again.

If you meant the old world hunts, those are super extra dead.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Is any of the Binding Coil gear relevant once you're in expansion content? I've been focused on getting to the expansion, so haven't done most of the 50 dungeons or any raid stuff. If it is still relevant I'll be more proactive in doing it (3main classes ilvl ~115), otherwise I'll keep focusing towards current endgame.
Only Final Coil gear would be worth anything, and only until about midway from 50 to 60.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Dr Pepper posted:

It wouldn't be the first time they've broken naming conventions for the sake of an FF reference.

See: Biggs and Wedge.
Are you sure those aren't nicknames?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Badingading posted:

Y'all need to chill and post more pictures of your catgirls/dragongirls/potatoes/roegadames.

Okay.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Dr Pepper posted:

Uh, yes it can. They announced it could like, pretty early on.
Are you sure? Because I got the notification for this ring I picked up, went to convert it, and couldn't and checked and it was listed as "Convertible: No".

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

SwissArmyDruid posted:

(Also, other grades of crystals use exactly the same mats, but return better profits. And selling them in stacks of 99 is most assuredly either stupid, or trying to make money off someone's stupidity.)
On the other hand a shitload of things people would be using for glamour is level 1, so grade 1s would likely sell faster.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

ilifinicus posted:

I thought the Foobar's just started with insane threat on a single person and you could just voke them off? I've only tanked the place once tho
I've done exactly that to get them out of Beckon.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Ninja and Warrior have branching combos, too.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Klades posted:

It would still be possible to condense everyone's combo options into about four, maybe five buttons, which is something I want to try to do if they ever actually release the addon API (and the addon API actually allows anything useful to be made)
Oh god yes, I want to condense poo poo. (The example of combining Inner Beast and Fell Cleave, or Steel Cyclone and the Deliverance version, which you can't possibly use at the same time, would be very nice.) It's just not as easy as that one guy suggested.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Aghama posted:

That sounds like a drag, just move your enmity list to near the center of the screen and use that to select your targets, ignoring the indicators on the party list entirely.
You should be reacting before you lose threat.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

flyboi posted:

I'm only at level 40 but I've run into situations where even with trying to maintain threat DPS do stupid poo poo like start attacking random enemies not following spots and then the tables turn so fast that it can be frustrating to maintain threat. Even more so when the DPS runs around like a chicken with its head cut off not letting me be able to provoke/rage of halone their stupid mistake back to me. I don't have uber gear and just stick to shops but seem to be getting by mostly. It's the duties I've completely forgotten from not having touched this game since 2.0 came out.
My point was the enemy list doesn't differentiate between "You could literally do nothing for the rest of the fight and not lose threat" and "you have threat by the smallest margin possible".

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Bertram Weatherby posted:

I miss the days when we just bought three bottles of Mist, dumped them onto the weapon, and called it a day.
Yeah.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

RPZip posted:

I was all set to do this relic set, after skipping everything past the first step last expansion.

Are they loving high?
I miss the very first steps to the i90 relic so much.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Wait amazon promo? What are the in-game items?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

seiferguy posted:

Am I doing this right?

Yes.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Niton posted:

Lalafell are great because they're played completely straight. No one seems to be particularly bothered by it, and there's nothing that Lalafell can't do for arbitrary reasons.
Yeah there are lalafell miners and pugilists and so on. Nobody in-world finds anything even slightly odd about this.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

I keep doing this unintentionally in the new dungeons. Like, walk up, stop and then the mobs start aggroing despite being a fair distance away. :shrug:
The one boss fight in hullbreaker hard that starts the instant you step over the purple line is annoying in that.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mordiceius posted:

And if this is supposed to be a catchup patch, why does the weapon still require 7 weeks of A8?
My money's on that getting relaxed somehow at the same time we can spend mhachi change to get the upgrade item for the weapons.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

FutureCop posted:

Just want to clarify something to see if I'm going crazy since it is new to me: I'm trying out gathering collectibles as a miner and it seems like all guides I can find say things like 'collect multiple low level ones at once instead of trying to get a single high quality one', but, to my knowledge, when I try that I see that you can only have a single collectible of any given type at a time (as in, they don't stack). I'm not seeing any note for collectibles no longer stacking in the patch notes anywhere, so I'm unsure what the situation is. Was it that before, collectibles used to stack, but now they no longer do and the guides are simply outdated? Or is it perhaps that only certain collectibles can/can't be stacked, maybe ones that are too high level for me?
Each individual thing you collect takes up one inventory slot. They're not Unique, you can have more than one of them. You just don't have a stack of them.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Solumin posted:

Here is a summary of the last chapter of the GW2 personal story:
:words:
That's weird, my personal story in GW2 ended when I met some rats in a cave, and needed to help them defend a bomb from fire spiders, and then I burned to death in the cave.

EponymousMrYar posted:

SE's been doing such a good job with balancing how crazy awesome the WoL is compared to the other notable NPC's it's more that they just haven't gotten around to giving the next group the spotlight rather than making them feel worthless (Scions excepted because they did get the short stick.)
The Warrior of Light being head and shoulders above everybody else in the entire world on the asskicking front is becoming something that's actually talked about in the plot, too.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Xenoveritas posted:

I think they've mostly stopped doing that. They did that first the first set of events during the first year of ARR, but that was to let people get the event items that were in the 1.0 version of events. The last set of events seem to have stopped doing that.

They did it last year for swimsuits (but not other things from previous events). As I recall this was the only event they did it for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

POLICE CAR AUCTION posted:

Oh my god the sleeping poses are so fuckin' adorable in this game

You get different poses if you log off by going to sleep in an inn room.

• Locked thread