Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Truga posted:

FF14 has the worst launcher.

No save password, no auto login, no auto start game :(

at least we don't have to use the lovely software keyboard to login

(yes, that was A Thing in ffxi and the servers were hosed every big patch)

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

more cat waifus please

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Is it just me or are dps queue times for HLDR utterly hosed? 30-45+ minutes this week, even with in-queue selected. Average wait to 5-8 minutes too, you dicks.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Evil Fluffy posted:

Did you really think the absurd amount of ASOIAF references in ARR were all purely coincidence? Hell in 3.0 you have Dusk Vigil full of Castle Black and Night's Watch (oh and don't forget the ice zombie enemies) references specifically. In 2.0 you had things like Sppokycroft's boss using Red Wedding as an attack which was kinda neat, but the aforementioned area and its references are on a whole new level.

Also the term lord commander, both in that dungeon and Ishgard. Not to mention a bunch of book poo poo I've seen pop up: "much and more", "little and less" and even goddamn "nuncle" in a story quest. Gonna poo poo myself if a "where do whores go" reference appears.

e: oh yeah, the DV boss also has a move called Winds of Winter. lol GURM will die before that book is finished

POLICE CAR AUCTION fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Jun 28, 2015

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Mordiceius posted:

Holy gently caress the sylph dailies are worse than the holocaust.

EDIT: The sylph dailies make ME want to call a loving planet down on this lovely land.

burn the sylphlands

so glad I'm done with those forever

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Anyone know what time signature the Library theme is? It's awesome but I was in high school band and the pacing is weird as gently caress.

POLICE CAR AUCTION fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Jul 3, 2015

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Really hoping they add goblin dailies. I've loved those little shits since way back in xi.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Thyrork posted:

Working my way though the game for the first time, oh my god I'm in love with Midgardsormr's voice. :allears:

different voice actor in the expansion :smith:

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

post more cattes instead of gitgud talk you fuckheads

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

hey "cattes" is plural dick :mad:

even worse, no catte pic

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

D&D and a GoT reference :vince:

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Man, ACT is depressing as poo poo. I installed it a few days ago and just did almost triple the damage output as a mediocre BRD than the NIN in HLDR :smith:

Kinda get what you jerks are talking about re: poo poo dps players.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

My wired 360 controller stopped working ingame and it's loving baffling. Restarted the client a couple times, tried disabling/enabling controller support and recalibrating the inputs, no dice. It's strange since the controller works perfectly with all my other games, and has worked fine with ff14 up until now. Any ideas?

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Arrgytehpirate posted:

I'm out 3 Bladed Steel Jigs trying to catch this god drat catkiller. It would have literally been cheaper to just pay the 140k

gently caress that fish, I ended up just buying it.

Glad I leveled FSH early though! Made a couple million gil selling dragonskin maps over the last few weeks. Shame they've tanked on excal now :rip:

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

HOLY gently caress I pubbed mogex and won. What's my reward?

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

What dps should I be shooting for as a bard? I installed ACT a few days ago since I'm still getting used to the 60 rotations and don't want to suck. Not sure if I've even got the thing configured right, but it says I did 816 and the MCH did 487 (lol, one more than the tank) in a Fractal run I just did.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

bonewitch posted:

Depends on the gear and the fight. On a dummy with no party bonus and with a hive weapon, you want to be around 1-1.1k.

Good to know, but I mainly asked since I'm a lovely casual who rarely touches EX content (so no hive weapon) and doesn't bother using dummies. Guess I'll beat one up and see how high I can get the numbers to go!

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

oh my god this guy :allears:

quote:

[10:09 p.m.](Biden Senpai) my wife is Obama San

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Friendly reminder for anyone who wants eso tomes but doesn't want to slog through Neverreap: Seal Rock (or whatever the newest pvp map is, phone posting so I can't be hosed to look it up) is fast, fun, and gives 20 eso a run.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Touchfuzzy posted:

Reading around here and on other sites makes me feel like I'm one of the few that really likes the changes done to Bard. I think it's pretty sweet.

It took a while to really click for me but I find it REALLY goddamn fun now. I absolutely love the empyreal arrow animation, too.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Is there a 'best' GC for pvp on excal? I'm twin adders and we win frontlines maybe one out of five times.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

HOLY gently caress pubbies are literally the worst. I found out last night that Alex 1 enrage actually does exist! We wiped after the nth repeat of mechanics, with me dealing the most damage as an extremely drunk bard :shepicide:

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Mr. Nice! posted:

I was third DPS as a PLD MT last night during an A1 run. I never really parsed a pubbie run before and was a bit surprised by the outcome.

I've been using ACT for a couple weeks now and the pubbie DPS has been goddamn morbid more often than not. I really need to do EXDR/HLDR more often with goons since it's starting to make my brain hurt.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Ahaha I cross-classed Triangulate on my bard for nearly a week before anyone in DF noticed

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Goddamn I'm swimming in GC seals because people never seem to roll on gear in the HW dungeons. I have almost 500 ventures and am about to hit the cap on seals again :shepicide:

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

lol if you play anything but a catgirl or dragonlady

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Post-50 crafting sounds like a loving nightmare as someone who never bothered going past 2 star stuff. I'm so goddamn glad they don't make you level past 50 to repair expansion gear or level desynth.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Some recent tales from the duty finder:

-MCH in brayflox who did nothing but autottack and got REALLY MAD when I asked if they were a bot
-50 BRD in storyqarn who used no cooldowns whatsoever because he was 'tired'
-AST as a dps in Stone Vigil, ate nearly every aoe
-Two commends in A1 as a bard for helpfully informing the group that I was too drunk to handle adds

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Volt Catfish posted:

Tam Tara Hard is the best dungeon in this game and everything about it is perfect

Same

I had it come up in hldr last week and it was the tank's first time. Everyone stopped to read the journals and the tank was all 'JESUS CHRIST :stare: ' after that last cutscene.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

ApplesandOranges posted:

Is there a recommended guideline on which level 50 dungeons to tackle first? I've got a huge list to go through to unlock the Hard roulette.

Do whatever, they're pretty much all great except for Copperbell, which is a flaming turd.

Pharos/Lost City/Tam-Tara/AK hard/WP hard all have REALLY good music. Hullbreaker also has a super fun last boss.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

wow this thread sucks

content:

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Alaemon posted:

I was in a DF group today for Aetherochemical Research Facility with another DRG. So obviously we're both level 60.

Halfway into the dungeon, he asks me "what's that glow around you?"

"That glow" is Blood of the Dragon. The level 54 ability. Suddenly, I realized what has seemed "off" about him -- using none of the post-50 abilities. Not a one. So either he had them and decided they're useless, or he never got them. I didn't have the heart to ask.

In entirely related news, I'm thinking of making the switch to Excalibur. I'm not really into squeezing .01 DPS out of a rotation, but I also would like to avoid... "what's that glow?" If anything, I incline more towards enjoying story and maybe messing around with glamours.

Does one of the FCs sound anything like that?

Pubbie DRGs loving blow, I regularly come across them on excal that don't even bother using Heavy Thrust most of the time (yes, even in HLDR and EXDR).

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

The upside of booting someone from DF for incompetency is that they're probably too stupid to even know the report feature exists.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

In the interest of pretty catgirl princess dress up, is there a site that shows what all the gear looks like ingame? I really want to see what all the left side stuff from the HW dungeons looks like.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

I keep getting Ravana for trial roulette and the melees are always too chickenshit to LB, it's weird.

That just means I get to use Sagittarius Arrow :hellyeah: Good goddamn does that thing look sweet.

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

That was a really goddamn fun match

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

DolphinCop posted:

:greencube:

(i sequence broke a bit by fishing up the nepto dragon during the moonfire faire)

its amazing how much of a pain in the rear end the living legends are even with endgame level 60 gear

Nice! Been trying to get a helicoprion for loving weeks now :negative:

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Doublestep posted:

no

the number can be up to the hundreds and queue canceling still gets you in immediately

I got in instantly last night with a queue of like 160 by doing this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Finally something other than garbage fish :toot:

• Locked thread