Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

FeyerbrandX posted:

The episode title and the video description fill me with joyful anticipation on how you learned these facts.
I was not disappointed when I discovered how she learned these facts.

Also I like to pretend the Pikmin are a bunch of puppies to explain the pathfinding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

FoolyCharged posted:

Well, she was making the yellow pikmin safe from the threat of being eaten by exploding them. Now that they're all dead nothing can hurt them, it's the safest way to be!
Surely this is the logic of a great leader!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I look forward to the next horrible slaughter of Pikmin :allears:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I didn't intend to be rude, or to imply Faerie Fortune's a bad player. I actually like seeing that someone besides me also makes mistakes in video games. Most LPs are edited as such that you don't see the person playing the game make mistakes that even experienced players can make, and that can get rather old when all you see are the flawless runs in games where mistakes are okay to make.

I enjoy this LP because Faerie Fortune makes it fun to watch, both during her moments of triumph and her moments of disaster. So, if it seemed like I was being rude or insulting, I apologize. I never post with the intention to imply someone's bad at LPing or a co-commentator is dumb or something, so if it happens, I wanna know so I can apologize and, y'know, change my behavior so I don't do it again.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

gnome7 posted:

My other favorite Gamecube game is Metroid Prime. I am a sucker for really good games that also give me infinite reading material.
I prefer Prime 3, but only because they'd had the first two to fully iron out the gameplay mechanics (and also it was on the WII so it hat the Wiimote for aiming which made things MUCH BETTER for moving around and firing and feeling badass).

Still, I'm the one who spent hours reading over every goddamn single entry in the Mass Effect games because I found them fascinating. This is making me actually wish I never missed out on Pikmin when the games first came out and I had lots of time for video games.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Damnit now I'm going to have to order a BIGGER batch of Pikmin from Fae after I move out :argh:

I MUST HAVE AT LEAST ONE OF EVERY COLOR

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

Ometeotl posted:

Then Pikmin 3 will just be full episodes of you walking into fire like a moth into a lightbulb.
But that's like half the charm of watching her play.

Missing all the things that we see when we're not playing, but miss when we are. It' like actually being in the driver's seat and the passenger seat at the same time!

Seriously, seeing all the times she gets lost going in a straight line and walks into the level hazards makes me so happy because I get video evidence that it isn't just me who does that :downs:

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
The fan art is really cute, and honestly I could watch a half hour or more of you two just dinking around in the Piklopedia and discovering things. Something about Faerie Fortune's joy when she finds something interesting is infectious.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

You just reminded me of Kaubocks & Panzer Skank's wonderful LP of that game.

EDIT: I tried GMing once. I didn't feel I did a great job, and looking back, I totally ended up making the GMPC who was supposed to fill in the role nobody else took (rogue) and ended up making them far too prepared tor everything. Then again, I had to keep the party from dying against trolls and NOBODY BROUGHT FIRE. Like. Not even a torch to see with.

Nobody even had flint & steel.

These were veteran gamers. I don't underst- :psyduck:

Also I don't do a good job flying by the seat of my pants running things and there isn't enough prep-time in the world to deal with human players outside of a video game to account for everything (they don't like it when you make them stand in place and not kill kings for some reason). So I'm strictly a player now. And trust me, whenever I can be, I am the bringer of fire.

Shei-kun fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Dec 26, 2015

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!

chocolatekake posted:

I made a tribute to the lives lost in the most recent excursion by brave Captains Olimar and Louie and their dear Pikmin companions.

:britain: In Memoriam :britain:
You found a fitting clip for just about every lyric.

Goddrat that was amazing.

Also RIP Fae's first squad of yellows.

Looking forward to the first mistake of mass blue, white, and purple slaughter, just to see Fae soldier on and recover later. It's kind of inspiring, actually! Also it's nice to see you living with the consequences. So many LPers would just scrap the recording and do it over. NOT HERE. Here, we accept our mistakes!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I was planning on doing a big order of your Pikmin from your Etsy store, but I'd rather you get your hands and such fixed first. Please get as full a recovery as you can, Fae. I can order one of every color later.

Not being able to play video games or crochet has got to be driving you loving crazy and that needs to be remedied ASAP.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
It was me. I was the one who wanted Fae in the Link hat. Because that LP was going on at around the same time as Faerie Fortune's OoT Blind LP and remembering that FE6 has an adorable murder chicken named Fae reduced me to an immobile pile of giggles.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Yay, it's back!

So looking forward to your reaction when you get those last five white pikmin and you can finally have 20 of each kind following you.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Happy Birthday, Fae!

May Sgt. Fuzzles never die.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Oh wow that was harsh. Definitely worth a soft restart.

Glad it doesn't kick you back to the beginning of the day! Man, that would be rude.

Also, those birthday bugs are assholes. We don't want your bombs! :argh: Stop being so clingy! The relationship is over!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
I had Fae's Etsy store bookmarked at one point for when I had money for all the pikmin but now I have a new microphone and I genuinely need a pop filter.

IT MUST BE A FROG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
No, Mr. Frog! Olimar is a friend!

MR. FROG WHY

• Locked thread