Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Spamtheman posted:

Let's hope we can get some euro goons together again, I do miss racing with you guys.

I'll probably be getting this, hopefully not every FM4 eurogoon moved to PS4/PC!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
As long as theres a free drive mode with all the cars available and they throw credits at you I dont care.

So pretty much make it like FM4 again.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Ether Frenzy posted:

If you had a hard time getting credits at any point in Forza 5 you a) Either weren't playing it, the payouts were low but not egregiously so before the economy patch that happened 10 days after release (I earned enough for an F1 car before the patch by.. simply playing the game, with zero repeating anything bullshit for cash) or b) Never heard of Forza Hub where they throw billions of credits at you monthly and have since before the game came out.

I did have the VIP bonus all the way through, though. That may be why it didn't bother me at all.

I dunno i've never played FM5 apart from some realy early build because I dont have a Microsoft Xbox One Console yet.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

holocaust bloopers posted:

And elevation changes. While not drastic, they are there and make for a very dynamic lap. Every corner is unique and engaging in its own way.

I've only driven the indy circuit irl but paddock hill bend is fun as hell when you get it right and it's steeper than youd think. I'd love to do the full circuit one day but for some reason they rarely use it for TD's and its like double the price of a full day of the Indy Circuit.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Do you have to pre-order the super duper edition, or can you just buy it when its available. Especially if its digital only.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Jarf posted:

I dream of a day when Forza Motorsport comes to PC but for that to happen Microsoft would have to declare their precious Xbox dead and that will never happen.

Your getting this arent you jarf??? Please dont leave me with all the terrible american goons i cant race with anyway! SAEG 4 LYF

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Do you have to pre-order the super duper edition? Or can I just buy it when it comes out, pre-ordering is stupid especially for something thats not even a physical copy.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Jarf posted:

I finally managed to pre-order this btw.

After days of trying to order it via their website and getting all sorts of bullshit from support about my account being "high risk" and telling me to use a different payment method I gave in, dusted off my xbone and ordered it through that.

Surprise! It worked first time.

Maybe this is all a part of Microsoft's ploy to get us to replace our PCs with Xbones! :tinfoil:

Okay great that's £80 pissed away looking forward to bombing around Nurburgring at night time in E class classics.
So pumped, this looks like the Forza the Xbone needed. Let's just pretend 5 never happened.
Is SAEG still a thing?

I might get it this month, but it depends if I can resist from buying a set of H&R coilovers from Germany while the euros still a bit weak. Still gotta get an xbone too lol.

Maybe pm scatterfold? I havent seen him post in ages tho.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god just caught that commercial while watching the F1, so loving hype.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Stupid question, can I pre-order the super duper edition from the ms website? Also do they still let you pay with gift cards?

I remember it was a massive pain to remove creditcards from xbl accounts a few years ago.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
So I bought this game, does anyone in Europe even play it? Or is it just terrible americans having slapfights over last place making massive essay posts about overtaking.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

I'm pretty sure I stopped reading the FM5 thread when something like that happened, I just skipped 1500 posts in this thread.

Also after playing for a couple hours i'm real bad seeing as I havent realy played any racing game since like forza 4.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Faustus posted:

Just kidding, STM. Europe is awesome.
I was just goofing because I'm the essay poster TDB was complaining about. I mostly race with Oceanic/Australians and those guys, because I'm up late.

Although, I think game developers/distributors do believe in the "no one gives a gently caress about Europe" paradigm. Not sure.

I wasn't serious.

I think i've still got you on my friends list anyway :mrgw:

Also why is there no RUF in this game and when is Porsche coming. Also where is Suzuka.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I dont think I ever had a good race on Fujimi, it was fun to take a car on a quick run with though. Same goes for that long version of Amalfi that wasnt in FM4?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

gently caress that track forever, the short version I mean.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Hey, what's a good strategy for racing FWD econoboxes?

Apex earlier than you would with a rwd car, set the brake bias rearwards by a small amount, also stiffen up the rear arb compared to the front. Trail brake into corners.

There are probably more things setup wise you can do with fwd that I cant think of right now.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
What the h*ck are leagues anyway, I havent bothered using a gold sub yet so I cant access them. I cant belive people had a problem beating the rivals challenges in FM4 though, pretty sure I managed every one and i'm poo poo.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

It's true! I wrote it off at first until I learned it was a rotary. This DLC pack ain't so bad after all.

Its a rotary? I thought the carpack was pretty rad, although I always like moar racecars especialy lmp1's. I'm just sad that the TS040 only seems to be running on ICE because the telemetry only seems to show it having around 700bhp instead of 1000. Or am I missing an ERS deploy button?

Also i'm sad that all of the older SuperGT cars dissapeared and I badly miss suzuka. It's one of those tracks that has a good variety of different corners making it nice to test on, same goes for catalunya but its not as fun as Suzuka.

Speaking of tuning, is there anything like the old spreadsheet that used to be available for Forza 4? I've got the forzatune app but it's very basic compared to the old spreadsheet which allowed for a tonne of different things.

Edit: found this
http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst53786_U2SC-Forza-Tuning-Calculator.aspx

track day bro! fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Jan 11, 2016

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Pork Pie Hat posted:

On topic, as I understand it, you guys race together at a time that's pretty late at night for us in the EU, right? Are there any earlier races that I can join and come dead last in?

Organise an EU race! Although it will probably just be like 3 people, i'd do it but im lazy as h*ck.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Surely they should be cheap enough to get both? Horizon 1 was a great game but lost all its replay value once you finished the main game tbh, dunno about the second one.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

Forza games have their DLC delisted after 4 years; this has been the case since 2. My assumption is that it's due to licenses expiring.

That just seems incredibly lovely but I guess thats MS, i'm sure they have the server space to keep stuff like that indefinitely. Is it just forza games it happens to?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Why the hell is the searching for tunes/paints in this so bad? I cant see an option to sort for stuff after youve searched it?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

In this latest edition of 'Cubivore buys real dumb poo poo', I present to you my new daily driver

Guess I should get Toyota affinity to level 25 now

Welcome to the frunk crew :mrgw:

Heres a pic of my moneypit/occasional driver!

Bonus if you can guess what corner that is. 😁

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

Hopefully mine won't be a moneypit. At the very least it should be easier and cheaper to find parts for it than it was for my FB.

If is a 5sfe then it shouldnt be! It is harder to get parts these days although most bits are still available from toyota and plenty other places. Is it completely stock?

FAILURE posted:

Graham Hill Bend aka Turn 3 - Brands Hatch?

Close, surtees into mclaren

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Fucks sake ms thanks for making me waste money on your lovely slow loud hot rear end console. I could be playing Forza on my beefy quiet artisanal gameing rig!

Also at least they have the 997 4.0 GT3 RS which is the swansong for the mezger engine, plus the 918 and 919!

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

njsykora posted:

So basically the moon rover stuff from Gran Turismo 6 but as its own game and not ridiculously frustrating?

Funny you managed to describe GT6 in a nutshell with those las two words.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

They were all cars from Forza 4 and less of them, with the exception of just one? Not being any different from the main campaign is the problem too, plus all of the pointless forced commentary. For such an amazing car manufacturer, the level of effort put into this pack didn't reflect that.

919, cayman gts, macan (lol), 918, 991 Turbo, 997 GT3 RS 4.0 and 718 were not in forza 4. Honestly the pack couldve done with a modern 911 GTE, 991 GT3 RS, 993 GT2 and the Cayman GT4 though.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Man we just need the Sauber Mercedes, Nissan R90C and a Toyota 90C to have a rad group c race. The XJR-9 is one of my all time fav racecars.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Couldve sworn the Sauber was in FM4 as DLC which is pretty lame not being in 6

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

This is basically what happened to FM4 right before Horizon 1 was announced. And then when Horizon hit the stores, they were like "we'll keep up with FM4, doing bounties and updating the hoppers" and they didn't do that at all. So basically I think FH3 is near and they're focusing on that. Also what Cubey said.

But I thought the horizon games were made by playground games with not much of T10 involvement apart from assets and the engine?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Shumagorath posted:

When I drive cars ranging from D to X in a single night it gets really hard to know my stopping distances. It also helps me judge tunes i.e. whether I really need race tires.

Have you tried doing some practice laps with the line off to familiarise yourself with the track layout? I mean yeah you may fly off the track a couple times but you'll realise how conservative and also wrong in places the braking line is.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

drgitlin posted:

So I've asked about that too, and the answer was always along the lines of "no, our system is is fine". I think that they could at least do what GT does and let you alter the amount of intervention (which after all is what the various OEM ones do).

I loved having to turn off all the driver aids on every single car, via menus designed in the 90's. Just part of the Gran Turismo Experience™

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

Forza 4 remains my favorite for the community features, not really the car list. Forza 6 has the best car list of any game of this kind to date as far as I'm concerned. Although I really, really miss my beloved Tesla Roadster and my not-beloved Spada Codatronca.

Also this new car pack is poo.

I dont get why they straight up dropped car clubs, in 4 and horizon you rarely saw a gamertag that wasnt a member of one. Same goes for having a storefront that you know, works.

The one track I miss though is suzuka :qq:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

An Exige is my actual dream car and I will own one someday. Until then, I'll settle for my MR2 as being 'good enough'.

After sitting in an Exige I realised that I would probably hate driving it anywhere that isnt a racetrack and at least the mr2 has a decent sized boot for a euro roadtrip. I think i'd prefer an Evora, if not that i'll just stick the evora motor in the mr2 instead.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Cubey posted:

I also have sat in an Exige and found it perfectly comfortable once inside. Getting in and out is a pain but whatever, I'm insane enough to not give a gently caress.

I am looking at swapping a 4th gen 3SGTE into my MR2, or maybe possibly a 2GR if I can find one for a decent enough price.

They ride fine due to most loti being light and well damped. But they are horrible to do any sort of long journey in, a friend had an S2 exige for a while and an hour on the motorway was enough to put me off.

I realy wouldnt bother with the 4th gen motors tbh, the extra faffing needed isnt worth the slightly more modern ignition system and integrated turbo youll still need to source a e153 box anyway. Just get the best condition 3rd gen half cut you can if you go 3sgte.

Or yeah go 2gr, i've been promised a drive in a car with a 2gr at some point which will probably make me want one even more.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Can I play this demo on my Sick Gameing Rig™ or do I have to download it like a full blown contard on my lovely xbox one.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Based on previous entries in this series, is there a way to de-bro the presentation of the game? Like being able to turn off the NPC voices, robot GPS thing, etc?

I just wanna race, and don't care for the NPC's reminding you every minute that "THIS IS THE SICKEST RACE PARTY EVER WAAHAAAHAAAAHAAAAA!!! OZ-TRAYLIA BRO!!!!"

In options you can change the bro setting to off.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Thief posted:

had to buy an M1 because someone recreated one of my favorites:

This picture was taken about 30 seconds away from where I work, they had a bunch of the artcars in and it was cool as h*ck.

On forza, I still haven't bought FH3 because I somehow managed to remove the windows store from my pc and my xbox one is so slow and poo poo I haven't turned it on for months. I should probably get this game at some point because it seems rad as h*ck.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
Still love that orbtal track they used for forza 2 menu music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRvspY91u8s

I should probably try and play Forza 6 a bit more since I bought the bloody xbox just for the drat game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

TheScott2K posted:

PYF Forza music, y'all. This one opens my Chill Instrumental GPM playlist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L-OBk-UhDc

I quite like all of the menu music in FM3/4, man FM4 was so good. I think it helped that when fm4 was out there were a shitload of people in my timezone to race with, i'm hoping that maybe if FM7 comes out on pc there might be more people for me to race with that doesn't involve playing games at 2am.

I don't remember any of the us/eu Gran Turismo music because when I was a gay teen I ended up with the japanese version that had all the smooooth jazz menu music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3J1gBKFuOc

• Locked thread