Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Game looks awesome. Can't wait until the 10th.

For anyone else who's done the rivals, does it seem like it's adding almost a full second to your lap time once you cross the line?

Edit: \/ That's right, duh. Thanks!

BCRock fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Sep 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Cubey posted:

We did this in Forza 4 for months after it came out, and then I ran with the PA guys who did even longer races every single week until Forza 5 dropped. There are plenty of people who do this, and plenty of those people are slow and will be lapped and still have fun. The only time it really becomes an issue is when a slower lapped guy is bad at letting the leaders by in a safe way.

Or when the End of Race Timer isn't set for long enough and the slower lapped guys end up getting zero credits/XP for their efforts because they got a DNF after racing for an hour.

They may have changed that in Forza 5 and started handing out at least some credits for a DNF, but I'm not positive on that.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
I spent a few hours yesterday finishing up some Forza Rewards stuff in the old games to make sure I got up to the next rewards tier before Forza 6 launches...

:arghfist::aaaaa:

It's not registering one of my achievements yet, so hopefully this stupid thing updates again today so I can get my free Ferrari.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
300 is a shitload of cars, especially in the Horizon games and Forza 5. It also takes for-loving-ever to buy cars in the recent games because of how retardedly slow the menus are.

Buying a car in Forza 5 takes at least 30 seconds to go through all of the menus/loading. $5M extra in Forza 6 would be nice, but not at the expense of wasting hours mindlessly buying cars in the old games.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Won the Bugatti on my first prize spin.
:feelsgood:

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Just for shits and giggles, what were the first 3 cars you bought with your own forzabucks? (Ignoring free cars and gifts like the tutorial/demo car)

'71 BMW 2002 Turbo
'91 BMW M3
'95 BMW M5

Gotta have a BMW for every class to get that affinity level up.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Powershift posted:

son of a bitch. this post just made me buy the game.

I was convinced i was going to pass for a while, so now i've got to sit here while it's downloading with hands full of controllers pumping up my car count in the horizon games.

it would only be 3 buttons on each if "B" let you leave the "exit autoshow" screen in horizon 2, so now the left hand is " B wait Y A A" while the right is "R1 R1 mash A down A" repeated.

Forza 5 i gave up on early, so probably only have like 50 cars there. no chance for the 5 mil on that one

Good luck with the car buying. I had over 300 in my Forza 4 garage, but only got credit for having 100ish.

Forza 6 will check your reward status the first time you start it and the reward servers only update once per day, so anything you're buying today won't count unless you wait until sometime tomorrow to launch F6. You can check all of your cars owned stats on the FM rewards website by going into Friends Compare and clicking through the menus there.

And someone asked on the last page about the File icon on the leaderboards. If that icon is a full circle you can download the tune they used to set that lap.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

ethanol posted:

mini cooper 65 of course cheater car of choice for d class league :smugjones:

D League races won't even let you use the '65 Mini in them.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

ethanol posted:

uh then how did i get beat by two of them :confused:

I don't know dude. When I go to D League racing and try to select a car from my garage or buy one, the MINI manufacturer isn't even an option. I've also never seen one in a D League lobby.

If you look at the Game Options in the league lobby and go to Car Restrictions and scroll all the way down, there's a limit for Power Handicap, Front Grip and Rear Grip. None can exceed 1.0, so I think that's what keeps the '65 Mini from being used. Or Turn 10 just knows it's broken and manually excludes it.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Are you sure you're talking about League play? I've done a poo poo load of League races in the last 2 days (D class is the only available option right now) and the Mini has never been selectable in any of the races I've done.

You could use it in the D class multiplayer hoppers and obviously for rivals hot lapping, but never in the actual League play races.

Maybe different people have access to different League lobbies? :iiam:

Edit: Did some reading on the official forums and from what I can gather T10 knows about the issue with the Mini (and some other cars) and is working on it. They've banned the effected cars from the league play, but apparently there are still random league lobbies that will still let you choose it.

BCRock fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Sep 14, 2015

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Ether Frenzy posted:

No lie, I decided yesterday that I need to make BCRock buy matching beater Miatas with me to drive in the upcoming EL NINO DORIFTU FESTIVAL plus then we'll be also be able to participate in "No no no no, the auxillary radiator hose for the NC bends like THIS whereas on the the NB it bends like THAT" chat during racing

You also suggested I buy $1200 worth of Fanatec racing wheel paraphernalia. At this rate I'm going to have to break down and go back to work.

I've just gotten to the point in the career where whichever series I've picked has a max PI of 750, which is dumb because it's not at the top of a class, so the upgrades/tune for this car ends up being useless outside of these specific races.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

ArthurDent posted:

Apparently having any kind of mod equipped, even the dares, will cause your lap time to be provisional. I could be wrong on this, but after experimenting I'm pretty sure this is the case. They're useful for those credit boosts but don't forget to remove them when doing rivals events, etc.

That's true about your laps being dirty automatically if you have any mods equipped, but doing rivals or anything online removes your mods, so you don't have to.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Is it a series of tubes?

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
That's the AI's best clean lap. They could have done a whole bunch of faster laps that were dirty over the course of the race to get to the total. The AI can be pretty ridiculous, but I don't think they're fudging the actual lap/race times.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Not just you. I did the endurance race there the other day on my normal difficulty (Pro) and the only reason I won was because the AI all pitted twice and I only had to pit once.

The guy out in first place was running nearly perfect laps every time. He pitted on lap 25/26 though.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Powershift posted:

it's even worse, because now that there is only those specific tracks, when those tracks come up in the career they're almost always night or wet.

COME ON!

This is back a bit, but quoting because I just got the same spin as my level 80 prize. I got the Fiesta. :flipoff:

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Whatever you do, it has to be on a different night from the GTCC Wednesday racing if you want enough people to make it worth doing.

I'd recommend either Monday nights or sometime on Saturday afternoons. Participation may be variable for people on a weekend, but I'm sure you'd always get enough to have decent races.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
We also have 3 different threads where all the same goons are talking about this game, so that kind of spreads out the posts.

So, on Hockenheim, the fastest way to get through turn 1 is to just blow it out wide left into the paved area outside the track and merge back onto the straight at some point before the next turn, right?

I've conditioned myself to take that turn clean for rivals purposes, so now whenever that track comes up in a multiplayer/league lobby I end up getting passed on turn 1 constantly by turds going way out wide with no negative consequences at all.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
If anyone's up for some racing tonight hit up me or Dizzle. We're on now.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Maybe if the glitch didn't require waiting for the whole game to restart and load up every time you buy a car, or if the game didn't poo poo out credits at you like crazy, I'd bother doing this for some expensive cars. Alas, neither of those are the case.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Turn10 posted:

Fixed an issue with rewind, where players could not rewind when AI cars were in the pits. With this fix, players will now be able to rewind, even when AI cars are pitted.

This has been an issue in every Forza game. I'm a bit surprised, and pleased, that they finally fixed it.

Did they fix the free car glitch? I didn't see anything about it in the patch notes.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Dr. Faustus posted:

P.P.S. - My girlfriend is nuts and she's going to try to get me the 1TB Forza 6 Special Edition Xbox One for Christmas. I guess that might mean I'll have a spare copy of FM6 to sell/give away. I'll let you know.

Dude, you already have an Xbox and Forza 6. Have her put that money towards that new SSD or something else useful instead.

Congrats on the better internet though, that will make a huge difference.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
All of my day one Xbone poo poo still works fine. So does my OG Xbox 360 and none of my 360 controllers have any stick drift, so I guess I'm some sort of Xbox hardware wizard.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Something else we did back in the Forza 4 days that might be fun to bring back while we've got so many people playing would be the weekly time trial thing where every week we pick a specific car and track and everyone puts up their fastest hot lap time.

It's something people can do on their own time without having to worry about coordinating anything and it'd give us a reason to try driving some bone stock cars. I figure most of us do enough upgrading/tuning for our other races that this would be a nice break from worrying about that.

If people are interested in doing this, I can set up a Google doc to keep track of all the times.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Lets do this poo poo then...

:siren:Goon Time Attack - Week 1:siren:

Car: 1991 BMW M3 (PI: 374)
Track: Road Atlanta Club

Rules & Such
  • Vehicle must have no upgrades. To revert any car to stock upgrades, get in the car and go into the Upgrade Shop from the Tune menu. Hit the Select button and pick "Reset default upgrades."
  • Anything that is adjustable by default on the car can be adjusted. For most cars, the only thing you'll be able to change is tire pressure. Go nuts.
  • Lap times must be clean laps. Probably goes without saying, but you never know.
  • Use whatever assists you want.
:siren:Here's a Google form where you can enter your time: http://goo.gl/forms/WXZq6fAyTp:siren:
After you enter your time you can click through to the spreadsheet to see everyone's times.

The confirmation link is there to post a screen grab of your times. It's optional. There are no prizes for setting the best lap time, so there's no reason for anyone to lie about their times, but since there's a good chance these times won't be our actual leaderboard times for any given class, it's there if we want to use it. Easiest way to get a screenshot: Any time during your lapping, pause the game. Your best lap should be there. Double-tap the glowing Xbox button and then press Y. About a minute later, your screenshot will be on xboxdvr.com/gamer/<yourgamertag>. Just paste the link to that page.

Each Saturday, I'll have a randomly selected participant pick the car and track for the next week. This first "week" will be a couple extra days and end on 11/7.

I did a few laps already and posted a 1:12.567. There's definitely another second or so to be had and I'm sure one of you jerks will post a 1:10 somehow.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Exactly. Getting 20 people together for organized races is laborious enough as it is and it's amazing that we even pull it off at all.

Everyone can participate in the weekly time attack, so all of the Euro goons and others who can't make the GTCC races can get in on this. And there's never any post race drama about people causing accidents!

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Yeah, the first results page you see after you submit is a useless piece of garbage. But from that page you can click View All Responses up at the top and it takes you to the actual spreadsheet. Then you can just go straight to the spreadsheet to see the posted times.

Nice work on the 1:10. That's pretty drat quick in that car.

Edit: Direct link to the results spreadsheet: https://goo.gl/CpHIeL

BCRock fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 31, 2015

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Zinjnok posted:

Hah! I'm at 1:09.999 right now.

drat dude.

I just raced Dizzle's 1:10.763 ghost for about 25 laps. I can get at least 2 or 3 tenths of a second ahead by the bottom of the first hill after the little S curves, but I cannot for the life of me get the entry into the sweeping right-hander down. I give up all of my lead on that stupid turn every time.

I know I can do the S section after the downhill a bit quicker too, but that part is 50/50 because you have to get on the brakes at exactly the right spot and then ease on the throttle going back up the hill perfectly to not ruin your time and then gently caress up your speed going into the next lap.

If I could put all of my best sections together in the same lap I'd be around 1:10.3xx. Getting another 3 tenths on top of that is probably beyond my abilities.:argh:

Oh, and even if you can't beat whatever the top time is, you guys can still put your best times on the sheet, since that's what I'll use to determine who gets to pick next week's car and track. Dizzle, I put your time on the sheet for you. You're welcome.

BCRock fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Nov 1, 2015

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
The stick mechanism internals are the same. The rest of the internals are not.

Cubey spends too much time in the shark tank thread.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Spades posted:

So, BCRock - what's the next gune time trial thing we're up for?

Yes, time for a new challenge!

First, the top 3 times from Week 1:

1. Mr Spades Slick - 1:08.562
2. zinjnok (Panda) - 1:08.777
3. whatcubed3 - 1:10.722

And based on a random draw from the posted times sheet, SmokeyXIII gets to pick the car and track. Just to keep things rolling, if one isn't posted in the next couple of hours, I'll open it up to anyone who participated to pick the next spec.

Also, I think going forward I'll try to get the next setup picked out and ready to go on Thursday or Friday, so people who only play on the weekends can have a full Saturday & Sunday with the same spec to work on it.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

BCRock posted:

And based on a random draw from the posted times sheet, SmokeyXIII gets to pick the car and track.

Scratch that... Smokey can pick next time once we get this more organized.

First person to post a car + track combo that doesn't sound terrible gets to pick the next challenge. Go hog wild.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
No DLC cars for now.

And the spirit of this series is to drive stock production cars, since that's a rarity in the game proper and our other goon racing series. Not saying we'll never get into any race cars, but not just yet.

Think of it like Top Gear's Star in a Reasonably Priced Car segment, only with a car + track that changes every week.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Bugatti circuit in Minis

Done and done. With one twist though, Bugatti Circuit NIGHT!

1965 Mini Cooper S (E233). Without even looking at the leaderboards I'm guessing that a good time is going to be somewhere around 2:15.

I'll update the same google form/spreadsheet so the same links will still work for posting.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Cubey posted:

I was talking to a friend just now and he said that the exact same weird voice chat bug happens in Black Ops 3, so maybe the issue really isn't on Turn 10's end.

It's definitely an issue with how Live and/or the console handles chat in general and not specific to Turn 10. The problem only comes up when you have a large number of players in the same in-game chat lobby, and there aren't many games where you're going to be in a lobby with upwards of 20 people in it besides Forza.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Here's the link to the time challenge entry form and result sheet again. It's updated for the new spec and results from previous weeks will stay on the results sheet.

Entry form: http://goo.gl/forms/WXZq6fAyTp
Results: https://goo.gl/CpHIeL

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
No need to edit your old times. Just throw a new one up.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
New dash is a massive improvement. Once you get over the initial "OMG everything's different and I hate change!" reaction that most people have, you'll realize that it's way better than the old dash.

Doing anything is also 50x quicker in the new dash which is how things should have been from the beginning, but oh well.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
Let's do Cubey's 2E on Watkins since he's so adamant about it. I'll update the form/sheet tomorrow.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

BCRock posted:

Let's do Cubey's 2E on Watkins since he's so adamant about it. I'll update the form/sheet tomorrow.

FYI, the entry form and results sheet are updated for the new spec:

Entry form: http://goo.gl/forms/WXZq6fAyTp
Results: https://goo.gl/CpHIeL

Chaparral 2E on Watkins Glen Full Alt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
There's no cap and you get a spin for every level. Everyone thinks they get the worst spins ever.

I've gone on 20 level streaks where I've gotten nothing but $25K and $50K spins and 20 level streaks where I've gotten $10M worth of cash and cars. It all evens out and is more than likely programmed specifically to do so.

• Locked thread