Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
So, what if a Facehugger attached themselves to someone mentally handicapped? Would that affect the Xenomorph that bursts out? Since they're supposed to take characteristics from their host, would there be a handicapped Xenomorph? Or is it more physical characteristics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

MacheteZombie posted:

I don't think leave my wife is asking real questions. I respect your sincerity in answering though.

Prometheus is a good movie.

I actually was, believe it or not. That seems like the kind of thing that would pop up in a comic or something, because of all the mad scientists.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I'm stoked for Covenant, but I haven't yet seen Prometheus. From this thread, it seems that I should go into that with the mindset that I'm not getting an origin story, but one more of a setup to an origin. Is that more correct?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Prometheus was pretty loving sweet. Anyone who didn't like it is silly as hell.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

That was one of my favorite parts of the movie. It was such a, "...What if he's right?" moment that I took a little bit to really think about it.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Xenomrph, what kinds of alien species exist in the Alien universe?

On a side note, I almost spelled your name as Xenomurph, and had a sudden vision of a drunken Irish Xenomorph.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Isn't there some sort of predator (:haw:) for the Xenomorph on their home planet? Or something to keep them in check?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

SUNKOS posted:

If they ever insist on showing the origins of the black goo I hope it's revealed as coming from an utterly bizarre and freaky-looking alien planet that's infested with weird plant life that looks just like that, but it would probably take way too large of a budget to create.

I hope it's something they found in the equivalent of a backwoods Big Lots (but in space), and the creators of it actually use it for mustard or something.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

cargohills posted:

If there's one thing I want to see in a Prometheus sequel it's definitely an exploration of Michael Fassbender's spooky meat cave.

I feel this could have been phrased better...

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

I think this movie is going to be too violent and sad for me to enjoy. Watching a bunch of innocent loving couples off to settle a new world killed by horrible monsters in graphic detail doesn't sound like my cup of tea.

Ah, one day, you'll be married and you'll fully embrace it!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

What if Xenomorphs could use the Force?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

"Ridley, loving what?"

"You heard me. The Notebook, with Xenomorphs."

"Christ...Here, take the check and get the gently caress out of my office."

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

How would a Xenomorph lay an egg anyway? Do they just spit them out? Or do Xenos squat like a pooping dog?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

The Queen lay sit from an egg sac, the non-queens apparently turn corpses into eggs.

Incredibly, I didn't think about the Queen when I asked that question. :doh:

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Alien Omnibus 3 seems like the best collection of Alien comics, mostly because it includes Labyrinth. Is that right, and should I order it?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Alien Covenant was cool and David is still awesome. Michael Fassbender is a great loving actor.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

You just hosed me up with that.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

They showed it in the trailer

It happened in the film

But they showed teh end of teh movie in the trailer!!!111!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

Actually the part in the commercials where Daniels opens the door and aims up into the chains with the gun and screams never happens in the movie. It was there to make the commercial look more action like. And in that part of the movie they don't even try to shoot the alien.

Oh. Sorry. I don't remember the trailer very well, it seems.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

So, SMG, did you write that at the strip joint where you work, or was it still written one handed?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Jonah Galtberg posted:

This joke is bad, forced and phrased horribly. Do you post on Reddit?

Oh, c'mon, it's not that ba-

Oh. It is. It really is.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I thought David wanted to improve on Weyland's dream, to be better than Weyland.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

What is it then?

I thought of it as an adventure movie.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Snak posted:

I hope that he actually only ever thaws out like 5 people at once, so he's doing a version of what the franchise is doing: Recreating the same circumstances and sequence of events over and over again to see if any of them are interesting.

Like the next movie will start with 5 people waking up from their cryopods to a pristine colony module. David greets them and says "There was a catastrophic accident in space, the crew is dead. I have reached colony and set up this module. You are the first to awake and you will need to help me set up the colony for the the rest of the colonist, like the crew would have done if they were alive.

And then... you know.

Then show David cleaning all the blood, replacing any panels that were damaged by acid... then he wakes up the next batch.

Someone starts to figure out something is wrong.

David has Daniels's pod sequestered away in a shrine. Waiting for when he's perfected his process.

Someone pops her out to find out what's going on.

Etc.

If there's ever a time I wish that Ridley Scott was reading this thread...

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

SMG, how long does it take you to write up one of those?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Wash was my favorite.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Can I break the conversation away from Covenant for a second? I was wondering about something earlier today, so my question goes to Xenomrph.

Since the technology in the Alien universe is pretty far ahead of ours and eventually reaches cloning and stuff, what happens if a Xeno plants a chestburster into a genetically modified creature, like a mixture of two animals?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

And now I want an Alien/Thing crossover.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Yaws posted:

Maybe the Predator blu-rays.

What happened with those?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Sir Kodiak posted:

They used digital noise reduction to remove the film grain, which even if you don't mind that, they were so aggressive with it that they also smoothed out the image to the point of making people look plasticy:

Kind of makes me think of Until Dawn.

I'd totally play a Predator version of that game.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Maybe this will lead to Alien/Xenomorph world in a future KH game.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Today, I learned that Mexico is really loving hardcore.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Watching Covenant again, I really do like the movie, but I feel like I like it in spite of its flaws. There's some part of me that just can't get over the decision to go to a mystery planet, the crew not taking basic environmental precautions, the whole backburster blood slip Looney Tunes thing, Oram having an IQ in the low double digits, and the ending sequence with the Xenomorph on board the ship.

David should have had more screen time. This should have really been a David movie, where we can see some of his experimentation, to get glimpses and bits and pieces of how he reached the point he has. I don't mind that he did a lot of that off-screen, but dammit, David rules and we need more of him.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Wasn't the story there that Jeunet read Whedon's script and got all the comedic bits mixed up with serious bits and vice versa?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

So, in Predator 2, what the hell is up with that scene where the Predator is running with Jerry's skull, and stops on top of that building to get hit by lightning? Was there a reason for it that I missed?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

What happened to make you unable to feel joy? Did Aliens kill your dog?

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I think people, when thinking about Aliens, remember the bravado and badass attitude of the Marines more than anything else. They forget how the Marines get their asses kicked, how they're just a hair away from death at any point, and that they know it.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I don't think that's right.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Has there been a comic or book where they tried wiping out the Xenos with a man-made plague or disease? Has there ever been a moment where they've been shown to become ill?

I can see that going horribly wrong. Instead of killing them, it makes them terrible mutants. Or something. Are there many instances of mutated/genetically modified Xenos?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Until Dawn Alien style would be fantastic.