Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i like alien

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

lol h.r. giger ftw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the predator honor system is mostly just expanded universe bullshit that wasnt supported in the first movie imo. the Predator likes to hunt people. so he brings a laser gun and a cloaking system to hunt people and while these weapons may not be the best predator technology has to offer it still gives it an unfair advantage over its prey just like how a gun and camouflage give a hunter an unfair advantage over game. when Dutch outsmarts it he has also managed to break its guns and cloak so it decided to fight in hand to hand combat because what else was it going to do at that point? It might also make a cool story to tell other Predators...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Xenomrph posted:

What version did you watch?

Here’s a discussion topic that I don’t think has made the rounds in a while, what version of the movie do people prefer, and why?

I prefer the theatrical cut but my “ideal” version would have elements from both, and maybe some of the other deleted scenes that didn’t make it into either cut.

i prefer the theatrical cuts of Alien and Aliens because they have better pacing since imo most of the scenes included in the director's cut are really unnecessary and slow the movies down.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

theyre right

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Darko posted:

It really, really breaks the pacing.

i agree its a cool scene but is also unnecessary to the plot and slows the escape sequence down to a crawl

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Doctor Dogballs posted:

can u imagine if a xenomorph hatched from a terminator....... how sick would that thing look

be careful what you wish for...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
egg demon ftw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

sigher posted:

My MUTHUR/A:I keyboard build:

At some point I'll focus on the accurate MUTHUR keys but I have nothing to go off of sadly, I'm glad it's functional though. Really excited to have this done.

owns

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

banned from Starbucks posted:

Would a chestburster be able to pop out of wolverine or would his healing powers regenerate his ribcage too fast?

chestbursters are always as strong as they need to be imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
a wolverine xenomorph would be a very drunk chain smoking Canadian with acid blood imo

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Jan 16, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

So, I've always wondered. Does the facehugger put the chestburster in your lungs or stomach, or is the answer "yes."

it puts it in your chest OP

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
a smart person would not get facehugged in the first place imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

OrthoTrot posted:

David is a smug little prick who wasn't hugged enough as a child. He is about on the same emotional level as a boy pulling the wings off flies.

he was never a child

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
prometheus and covenant have some flaws but they arent unwatchable like resurrection is imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i'd rather watch alien resurection than the alien vs predator movies but thats not saying much lol.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
and i like alien 3

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

CelticPredator posted:

Alien 3 kicks rear end

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
whedon sucks

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
im happy she got her wish to receive a sensual hug from the xenomorph

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

PeterCat posted:

Is the end of Critters 4 a riff on the end of Alien3?

You have a formerly good character come back as the villain at the end.

they came out too close together for it to be anything but coincidence

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Sodomy Hussein posted:

Alien Resurrection is mostly ruined by Whedon's "every character is a white male teenager" dialogue. It's got great character actors, it succeeds in being hosed up poo poo, but it has a hard time emotionally resonating because it's written by a man-child and like SMG says it ends up corny and pointless.

Weaver had wanted Ripley to end up loving an alien since at least Aliens IIRC. It's not exactly waaay out there that you could declare that subtext is for cowards when it comes to the penis monsters.

i agree

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
whedon sucks

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
alien resurrection cant decide on whether its a parody, an action movie like Aliens or a surreal art house piece and thats why it sucks

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
aliens is a good movie but really overrated imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

PeterCat posted:

So it's saying the US was correct in trying to remove an infestation of insects and the only problem was that the US underestimated them?

I never thought that Cameron was making Starship Troopers just played straight.

George Lucas made the Ewoks an NVA/VC allegory, but still gave them the agency to decide to help the Rebel Alliance. And he cast the Evil Empire in the role of the US forces in the jungle.

:chloe:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
I dont think Aliens is saying it is good to kill Vietnamese people

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Apr 23, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
it was a very bad plan that was poorly thought out imo if the chestburster burst out of newt and ripley earlier than expected the marines would have killed them and burke would have looked like a real dumbass

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the directors cut of aliens is too bloated imo. the only scene that i think was important and shouldnt have been cut from the theatrical version is the stuff about ripley's daughter the rest is just unnecessary imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

ruddiger posted:

The point isn’t if Vietnam can or can’t be classified as a war, that’s liberal pedantry, the point is the US foreign policy that gave the US the excuse to instigate a civil war in a third world country is the same now as it was in the 60s. The “Vietnam war” for the United States never ended, it just rebranded and shifted demographics.

:chloe:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

FunkyAl posted:

Alien Covenant is messed up. I love it.

I believe in....creation.

it could have been better but its okay for what it is imo

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 25, 2022

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
alien 3 on the SNES is pretty good imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
so is Aliens Infestation on the Nintendo DS

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

PriorMarcus posted:

Where is Amanda at now following on from Isolation? I always figured that after Isolation her fate was up the air and the Aliens scene was no longer accurate.

she was in the alien game that ripped off five nights at freddy that was released exclusively on mobile devices three years ago

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its a joke by the colonists and an attempt to make the mining colony feel and look like an actual town instead of a lone mining colony on a planet that is barely livable

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its a very boring planet

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

keep punching joe posted:

Not that boring, it has a derelict spaceship from an advanced creator race filled with new and exciting ways to be genocided.

thats a whole days drive

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
its good to know where the bar is

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i personally would have went to the bar when the xenomorphs started abducting people because that really is the best time to get wasted on cheap alcohol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Splicer posted:

You absolutely know someone tried to kill their implanted chestburster by drowning it in vodka

no one has tried it before so maybe it would work...