Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Blind Duke posted:

You can sneak in the DCU, but you have to use the worst armor sets before hardmode

Or no armor at all. That's a brutal challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

oddium posted:

who's the girl next door living in the haunted mansion

also experiment #4 or something

That is awesome. It's pretty inspiring, I've never even thought of doing background stuff before.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Internet Kraken posted:

I was just amazed when I discovered you could place metal bars as objects and then immedeatly disappointed when I realized they're all the same model palette swapped and don't count as blocks.

You can do WHAT?

Holy crap

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
For a new run, is there anything I should bring over with me, or should I start BAREBONES

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Janice quivers in fear, unresponsive to your bleeding heart requests.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The highest form of flattery in Terraria is stealing other people's creativity because I have none

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Crimson is so creepy. I love it. Wait you can make fleshy crimson furniture? That's even more creepy.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Cicadalek posted:

The ice from the rod only lasts 15 seconds though. If it was permanent and there was a similar rod for all of the common materials it would be kind of cool, but having to place and then mine the blocks to use for crafting would be tedious.

You could just use that workshop map floating around that has a million of every single thing in the game

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Oh goodness this all makes me wanna play again!

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Can't you get hardmode ores pre-hardmode with the crates?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Moryrie posted:

Some news on Terraria Otherworld. Basically they looked at how it was going, were not happy, and are revising a lot of it.

I'm impressed. I hope this turns out well.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Anyone know of a way to 'trigger' sandstorms?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

watho posted:

I'm assuming that it's what happens when it rains in the desert.

It does, I had to wait awhile for it to happen. :)

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Sheesh making custom music packs for this is hard work.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Zereth posted:

if something says Material, hand it to the Guide and he'll tell you what you can make out of it.

To be fair, it wasn't always that easy

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
New stuff!!! Can't be disappointed with that.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Doing a playthrough with a friend, we encountered hardmode, and poo poo is suddenly in the 'no joke' territory.

It is kinda refreshing going from getting acclimated and comfortable with the current array of threats and then it puts all the fuckin chips on the table.

Also my plan of dragging a Wyvern down to have the NPCs help me kill it backfired tremendously. I am now responsible for several deaths.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Hyedum posted:

fake edit: Just out of curiosity, are you doing a normal or expert world?

Normal, expert probably would have murdered us, hardmode is an entirely new addition for my crew. We MAY go back and start an expert world afterwords, who knows.
Pre-real poo poo mode story: my friend accidentally pissed off the Bee Queen while working on our Jungle expedition, and the star sword he had woke her up and things went into panic mode instantly.
We got molten armor now and we're hanging on barely but the Destroyer showed up and absolutely decimated us. So we need to start yet another underground expedition.

The guide is unbelievably helpful now, and it turns out we don't need a lava pit for garbage item disposal anymore.

There's a lot of new poo poo. A LOT OF NEW poo poo. I forgot how much fun this game was.

Also I changed strategy. I didn't need a few thousand stone block to build a sky transportation system anymore. I just needed a lot of iron this time around. Zoom zoom baby.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
how far above surface on a large world is a skyrailway 'safe' from harpy/wyvern spawns?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

GobiasIndustries posted:

So now it's time to figure out how to proceed post-Golem. Didn't get any hints after killing him (that I noticed) so I think it's gonna be farming him more and wandering until I encounter something new that kicks my rear end.

"Screams are echoing from the dungeon..."

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Moon Lord is completely trivial with the Vortex pillar stuff and Chlorobullets. I was shocked how much easier it made him.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
HOLY poo poo I did not expect the Eye's behavior when we started an Expert adventure.

Definitely scared the group.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I'm raining an ungodly bee apocalypse upon my Terrarian foes. Bee gun? Beenades? Hornet summons? I got it all.

Even the mighty Skeletron stood no chance.

drat shame there isn't like, end game bee stuff.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Getting a Metal Detector post-hardmode is such a chore.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Holy crap, are maps even big enough to support all the materials/biomes you need for Thorium+Calamity+Tremor stuff in a playthrough?

Just started looking into this and combining those three might be a mistake for a coop adventure. Or not. :gibs:

Very excited to look at more fun toys though, especially quality of life mods, looks like Magic Storage might be a must. Gotta look into others. Is there a master list somewhere with recommended mods and descriptions for easy readings? I can look through the thread, though, to start.

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 20, 2018

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

dis astranagant posted:

There's a reddit post linked somewhere in the last couple pages that I mostly agree with as far as qol mods go.

e: found it. was further back than I thought https://www.reddit.com/r/Terraria/comments/5ssv2n/list_of_mods_worth_checking_out_tmodloader/

You're a god.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
A massive (1.5 screen sizes?) arena with platforms helped me beat Plantera's thorny rear end

Wings helped a lot for that though.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I really am astounded with the quality of the Calamity mod

Death mode is exactly what I wanted, and a lot of the new poo poo is cool

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
The leviathan sprite seems to fall short with me, but everything else has been pretty fantastic.

I just barely limped through the Astrum fights, I have no idea what I'm gonna do for Golem and onwards. Things are starting to hurt VERY much. I'll probably hit up the guide and see what more stuff I can build and combine.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Spoiler'd in case someone hasn't done a blind run of Calamity yet

Our attitude over voice chat went from "We are unstoppable" to "This is a problem" in about half a second.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Kalas posted:

'a problem' is an understatement.

I hope you're doing expert/revengence mode.

When I say "This is a problem" I mean that one of us probably said "Uh that's not loving good what's going on WHAT IS HAPPENING"

Because yes, we are playing on expert+revengence+death mode so we're always on the blade's edge of absolute liquification

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Internet Kraken posted:

So is there any reason not to play on Journey mode?

Maybe if you really want it hard locked to Master and have two extra accessory slots? Or there's other goodies exclusive to only Expert and/or Master

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Is there an option to force a pyramid spawn cause goddamn they're still so rare

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Even the devil needs the Ol' Classic for his patio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Our crew finished off our Master run. Game is just...Wild, how far it's come. To think it went from where it was on launch to this is just absolutely mindboggling.

What a game. And I still get ideas on building cool little houses for NPCs. I'm glad this update kinda forced that on me instead of my rolling out the gulag for the umpteenth time.

Also basically being a rainbow space death god at the end of a full Master run is hilariously entertaining in how overpowered you really are. Love it. Really digging going with various hybrid builds around some summons, I feel like they really did flesh out that tree a lot. It's awesome.