Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thetedster
Jan 31, 2007

omeg posted:

I've been playing a lot of Hardcore on... 1.1 I think? Haven't played 1.2 much but now I'm definitely going back. :unsmigghh:
So, are there any stupid instakills apart from 1) using the eye summon item while an eye is already spawned, 2) escaping Wall of Flesh?

Last time I played Skeletron and Skeletron Prime would one-shot kill if they hit you after dawn broke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetedster
Jan 31, 2007
The Mac/Linux version is nearly ready for release according to the official forums!

http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-for-mac-linux-in-development.197/page-10

thetedster
Jan 31, 2007

Johnny Joestar posted:

yeah i genuinely can't stress how good a system the research in journey mode is. you can selectively use it how you want for whatever items you want, and it removes all the pointless busywork involved with making large quantities of certain things. also that and decorative stuff typically only needs 1 of it to duplicate it further, so building and designing becomes INCREDIBLY easy instead of a chore that you have to decide to engage in and fund with a bunch of annoying grinding.

Agreed. The only thing it needs is an option to disable pick up on items you’ve already researched.

thetedster
Jan 31, 2007

Vib Rib posted:

Some of them are fun to decorate with though.

Would be neat if you get the normal banner every 50 kills, but a unique/upgraded banner for 500, 1k, 5k, etc.