Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Hey, are there any mods for 1.3 that disable trap spawns in world gen? They're really harshing our game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Yeah, they're nice but they keep running out without us realizing and we're too earlygame to just mass-produce them. Are there any infinite duration mods, then? Like we're not even in lead armor yet and we've already died tons of times to instant death explosive traps.

v That'll work too, but I don't know any of the hack engines.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jul 9, 2015

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Eric the Mauve posted:

http://yal.cc/r/terrasavr/ is pretty drat easy to use. Always back up files just in case, of course.

Once I've reached the point where the traps are a bigger threat to my life than the critters (which is pretty drat early, though it may never come on expert mode), I usually keep a pressure plate in my hand while I'm running around exploring caves.

Thanks, we'll check it out.

Traps don't seem to be any more common than on normal, but they're just not fun at all. Enemies who knock you blind into water and you land on a boulder trap, but then the water slows you down so you can't move fast enough to get away. They killed my friend's character in a place that he couldn't retrieve his poo poo and they're just causing what is otherwise a pretty good time to be a kinda bad one.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

dis astranagant posted:

The UFO minion from the martian invasion is pretty good til then, other ranged minions miss too much.

iirc don't the Mech Eye pets have some kind of melee component? I remember thinking that they were really good.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

This looks like a good way to have everyone fall out the left side in the middle of a blood moon :v:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Metrohunter posted:

Does gear with % not to consume ammo stack additively or is it multiplicitive?

iirc it's additive, but there's a cap anyway (60-75%?).

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Lasher posted:

Plantera plants best respawn. I've only got 4 on my map and I've used 2 of them already and got my rear end handed to me.

They do, but they grow randomly wherever just like normal plants (and Life Fruits, for that matter). If you made a nice, big arena by your last bulb... well, I hope you had fun mining out thousands of mud :downs:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Build a bigger arena, and build it far away from your base. The hardmode bosses move around a lot and they have tons of attacks that clip through walls. If you're anywhere near your base at all, everyone will get murdered.

Aside from that, pretty much just try to max out your HP and use up-to-date weapons and armor. Tungsten Bows and Minisharks aren't gonna cut it anymore.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Crimson Harvest posted:

Any advice for farming up a Blindfold and a Nazar? I figure I can build a corrupt desert, but the enemies that drop the Nazar seem uncommon at best.

The secret is to grind Nazar in the Dungeon before it switches to hardmode spawns :ssh:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
When Hard Mode started, the diagonal corruption line was less than 500 blocks to the right of the starting point on my large map. Good job game

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Yeah, what happened was the spawn wasn't centered, it was waaaay left, so it's pretty much on the right side of my base. It was so close that some of my housing is no longer valid. It cut through my hellavtor, too, so even my "save zone" didn't work. It's great that hardmode spawns enemies whose projectiles also spread corruption on top of that.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

GenericOverusedName posted:

It spawns in a V from where you've killed the Wall.

Ahh. Well that sucks. You'd think they'd just center it or something, but it's kinda hosed with our world in an unenjoyable way.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

RatHat posted:

Ugh, only gold animals I need now are a mouse and frog. Finding a gold frog is gonna be loving impossible though since it'll get killed as soon as it spawns. At least mice are immune to mobs so I only have to worry about it walking into lava.

Dogg, Golden Bug Net from the fisherman. It doesn't do any damage, but it cuts background objects like a weapon.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

No Safe Word posted:

Mediumcore on expert is totally doable if you pace yourself correctly and plan accordingly. Once you get enough material for a grappling hook and a backup one, you're basically good. Especially if you have a mirror or enough stuff to make recall potions. When you die just run to get your stuff, then wall yourself in and re-equip or recall home. If you had a full inventory, rinse and repeat till you get it all.

Drop-on-death still sucks because the game isn't able to remember your loadout. Oops, I absentmindedly pressed my hotbar for Dirt but it had a Dynamite in it! Then there are dynamite traps, and lava or lava slimes for your "my items are now permanently destroyed" needs. We no longer play anything but Softcore.

YF-23 posted:

And if you think goblin invasions are bad just wait until you get pirates.

Pirate invasions are cruise, though. They hit kinda hard, but they have really basic AI and you can stop an entire army of them just standing back to back and swinging fast swords or shooting fast guns. We did it only dying once to a crossbow chick because I lost track of my cursor. It might've also had something to do with the way I build my roofs to have one tile over the edge to hang lanterns from, the ships kept getting stuck on them :v:

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jul 17, 2015

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Verviticus posted:

i think in 1.1? they made almost every item blue and not destroyed by lava. i guess if you die in lava you lose ores and poo poo, that kind of sucks

iirc Blues still get eaten by lava (bye Red Husk :() and armor doesn't start to get colored until Crimson/Corruption tier. There's just too much prep and frustration that goes into mediumcore. Our tipping point was a Slime Rain event. We couldn't get back to our stuff without dying, we couldn't get to our backup stuff without dying, and the whole time King Slime was warping directly on to us when we respawned. That was fun.

Internet Kraken posted:

Why would you do this?

It sounds kinda dumb but that just means the best place to run into one is hallowed snow. You're counted as being in a hallowed biome, but almost every surface tile is a regular snow.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 17, 2015

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Tin Tim posted:

Also, the balloon cramps my overlord style but at least I got a red cape :v:

Click the eye in the corner of the accessory slot :ssh:

e: well that's what happens when you open a bunch of tabs and read them slowly one by one.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Supremezero posted:

Well it's not like they can have a desert fishing spot...

You've never had/built a huge lake in a desert? I was really disappointed when it didn't turn into a Beach.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Do your arenas have campfires and heart lanterns? That extra regen is huge.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Is this a reference to Monster Party? I hope it is.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

now make the lamp post guy

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Internet Kraken posted:

Is there any way to make sandstone walls? I want that use that pretty hallowed sandstone wall in one of my rooms but can't figure out any way to make it or a regular sandstone wall.

iirc hallowed, corrupt, and crimson sandstone walls are the only thing you can't actually craft. Get some pearl-white paint and colorize them? :shobon:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Pretty sure Nymphs now drop metal detectors every time, at least on expert. We haven't fought a single one who hasn't dropped one yet.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Ariong posted:

Is it true that hardmode crismon no longer converts mud into dirt?

I've noticed that mud is completely resistant to corruption now, so it seems to be the case. If there's plenty of stone nearby like you get on the outskirts of jungle biomes, though, it probably still gets some crossover areas.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Make a bow, melee weapons are horrible until Muramasa and then just bad until they start shooting poo poo like other weapons that don't suck.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Holyshoot posted:

So I am using a yelets yoyo with no yoyo bag as I have yet to still find the skeleton vendor and a 73dps blade tounge with hallowed armor.

Go into the underground hallow with the intent to grind some kind of item drop, he'll inevitably spawn multiple times (and block enemy spawns) on the Spiteful RNG Principle.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Chlorophyte armor is okay and it shoots poo poo at your enemies. It's nice because it has really high defense. Plus Chlorophyte is pretty common so you shouldn't have too much trouble getting enough bars for it, Shroomite, and Spectral armors.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mrit posted:

Personally, I always end up finding tons of gems before I find a hook. One gem cave = free starting grapple.

I've always gotten the worst gem caves, they just have an assortment and I walk away with a worthless two of everything :(

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Internet Kraken posted:

People said to set up two dart trap to shoot mimic spawns in a big arena that will then charge at you and jump into a small lava pit to kill them.

This works with classic mimics, but the new biome mimics have wall-phasing and poo poo so they're immune to lava.

On the other hand, you can also just make Mimics now, 15 souls of light or night to make a key and then just put it in an empty chest.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Supremezero posted:

gently caress Terraria 2, Otherworld, or whatever else you're going to do next, Redigit, you can't call the game "complete" with this idiocy

I don't see why not :unsmigghh:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

YF-23 posted:

Yoyos are loving ridiculous, make sure you get a counterweight (any one of them) and a yoyo glove from the skeleton merchant if he's selling it.

Does he sell it before Hard Mode? I never saw it once until we beat Wall of Flesh, after which it was permanently in his shop.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Acne Rain posted:

Also, there are item frames now, that can hold ANYTHING. Put an item frames with representative items in them next to chests and now you can remember what all your chests are for at a glance.

Put a painting in a frame in an item frame :aaaaa:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Asciana posted:

If I hide from a Solar Eclipse deep underground are my NPCs going to get wrecked? I never want to deal with another Solar Eclipse ever again

Don't deal with solar eclipses, just build a safety shack and put a one pixel-tall lava pool on either side.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I'm kinda unclear on how you're supposed to get off a rail. Half the time I just jump and mash buttons until I finally manage to make that drat cart disappear.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

BillmasterCozb posted:

Marble can't be corrupted, right?! RIGHT?! Gotta make a marble castle, gotta make everything marble, gotta cleanse the dirtiness of the world with the pure, white marble

And then Medusas start spawning everywhere and you realize you hosed up bad.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

President Ark posted:

Goddamn you guys are wimps, the crimson is not that bad.

It's bad because your NPCs can't live there anymore and the houses you built are now worthless. They really have to spread at harder angles and have a 0% chance of going anywhere near the center of the map.

E-Tank posted:

Oh *holy* poo poo. As someone trying to learn code, I know just enough to know that it's a loving miracle this code works. Oh man, I'm kind of in awe. These people did the best they could, clearly were over their heads, and managed to pull it off anyway. Holy crap. That's awesome. :3:

It's Get poo poo Done code. On the most basic level, as long as the logic checks out, you're fine. We no longer live in an era where your code needs to be perfect and efficient because unless you're doing billions of calculations per frame, you probably won't even use up 5% of even the average computer's processor power.

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Aug 16, 2015

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Dareon posted:

Not to mention the flaming ghost skull floating over my head. Which is, incidentally, the only thing I've seen that Negative Dye looks good on.

You could always put Twilight Dye on your light summon, it makes them more or less invisible.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Ohhhh, for a second I thought you meant "made a hardcore character." I was gonna be all "well for starters you shouldn't have done that." In the post-Wall of Flesh content, it's basically pre-Wall except with new ores and a couple NPCs who move in after you beat at least one mechanical boss. One of the major things I want to grind for is the Clockwork Rifle from the Wall, but keep in mind that it's slightly bugged and special ammo types won't always work properly. It'll tide you over until you can beat the Destroyer and build the Megashark, which will proceed to be great for pretty much everything.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Lone Badger posted:

Make some Meteor bullets and walk along firing them straight up until you hear a ricochet.

This has never worked for me because the islands were just too high.

e: I lie, it's worked the one or two times an island spawned directly above a super tall mountain.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Lava Flower planters don't bloom unless they're under lava, do they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Can't wait to see what fun things get nerfed to the edge of uselessness in the name of balance :toot:
Honestly I just hope fix the nerfs to netplay because whatever 1.3 did to it, it completely ruined it. How it went from having a largely stable connection even at long ping distances, to hosts having 300ms lag is loving beyond me :psyduck:

RareAcumen posted:

And I'm also pretty sure there's something else, like you have to do some zones in a specific order now?
Kind of, progress gets hard-gated now once you beat WoF.