Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Haven't played this since the 1.2 update first dropped but I might try to find some time to fix that this weekend. I don't even remember what 1.2 changed so it's like double updates for me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
How does Expert Mode compare to Normal? I haven't played since 1.2 was just released.

E: Also, is there a way to select which biome differences you get, other than just jamming on worldgen until you get what you want? I've never really experienced Crimson and the first 1.3 world I made has Corruption, I kind of want to experience something "new".

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jul 1, 2015

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
What changes were made to Crimson between 1.2 and 1.3? I have a world from 1.2's launch with Crimson that I want to explore since I've never really seen it, but the world I just made for 1.3 is Corruption and I don't feel like farting around with world gen and house-building on two separate maps right now.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
I was thinking of getting back into this while riding out our current hellplague, after putting in 100+ back in 2012/13. If I'm interested enough I should probably just jump in rather than sit around waiting for this final update, right?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

socialsecurity posted:

If you've never done mods something like Thorium will breath tons of new life into the game.

Honestly I don't even think I got too far into the 1.2 content, I think even playing vanilla I'll have a grip of stuff to do until then.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Nice, I haven't gotten too far with the character/world that I just made so maybe I'll just wait a month before picking that guy up again.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Me, coming back to Terraria last month for the first time in six years: I might as well make a new world/character now, if they're saying "later this year" for this update then it might not even get here until 2021 :v: Boy do I feel silly now.

axeil posted:

Okay so Journey mode is the best. No more having to farm dirt or stone or whatever just to build things. Get 99 of it and you're done.

I thought it would feel like cheating but it really doesn't. It makes building a nice town so much easier, although I still am building giant prison/apartment towers.

I also had my Corruption spawn in the middle of my Jungle but now I can just turn off Corruption spread and not feel like I need to reset the world :unsmith:

It's basically "no more grinding" mode, although you don't have to use the item dupe effects.

Holy smokes that sounds good, though I was always way more into Terraria for the action/exploration parts than the building. Maybe this is how I get into actual building then?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Does each Jungle biome only have one Hive, or are there multiple? I beefed it against the Queen Bee and whatever object I destroyed in the Jungle to summon it didn't respawn, so I'm wondering if I should keep digging around for a second Hive or just craft its summoning item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Oh jeez, maybe that's my problem. Twice I've spawned her, warped back to my house where I have a wide-open space to fight bosses, and then get rolled pretty handily. I'll try fighting her in the Jungle Surface next time!