Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Cardiovorax posted:

Huh, no idea how I managed to miss that for so long.

BTW, just to get back to that, since nobody answered when I asked the first time around:

I'd really appreciate some help there.

There's a blockswap mod, but from what I saw of Chippy's playthrough of the Mod of Redemption, it might not play well with other mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Memento posted:

The new wiki layout is loving dreadful. What prompts people to decide that ignoring the outside fifths of a widescreen monitor is a good thing?

It's an overhaul to make every Fandom wiki layout look the same and it looks really bad everywhere. The Binding of Isaac wiki got hit hard and some of the articles are borderline unreadable. Runescape wiki did the smart thing by cutting ties to Fandom years ago.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

JustJeff88 posted:

Terraria is 50% off again on Switch. Any news on it getting an update?

The monthly State of the Game's on Terrarias forums have updates on how far all the console 1.4's are: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-state-of-the-game-august-2021.107119/#console

quote:

NINTENDO SWITCH

Work is officially underway on bringing the awesomeness of Journey's End to Nintendo Switch. We do not have an exact time to give you just yet, but here's a screenshot of Zenith doing its thing on Switch! Once we get a bit deeper in, we will have an update on timing for you. Stay tuned!

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

The Polarities Mod already using something similar with their fractal dimension. It seems to load a new special world inside your current normal Terraria world whenever you enter the fractal portal. It's not exactly the most stable feature of the mod, so it's a good idea to back up your world before you do a session with some fractal dimensioning.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

https://twitter.com/Terraria_Logic/status/1459271071996260357

4 days to 1.4.3

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/an-eye-for-an-eye-terraria-x-dont-starve-together-crossover-update-launches-today.109181/

Seems like a fairly substantial update, including a pet that acts as a piggy bank, new cosmetics and weapons, a new secret seed (The Constant) and finally adding a boss to the ice biome.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

boxen posted:

Same. It still was handy for getting around down there though and never having to worry about falling into lava while fighting all the poo poo down there.

Is the winter event still a thing that happens? I have an achievement to knock out...

I assume you're talking about the Frost Legion summon from xmas presents that drop during the holiday season.

Christmas starts in-game on the 1st of December every year. If you don't want to wait a week, you can get the post-plantera Naughty Present and summon a Frost Moon.
Every time you get to wave 15 of the Frost Moon, you get one in-game day of xmas the following day, independent of real world seasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Can you please timg the massive pictures you find on r/Terraria? Their size makes the thread pages extremely long and hard to scroll though