Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

So has anyone figured how to craft Luminite bars yet, or do they drop from the Moon God? Would like to know since that Nebula armor is sexy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Moon Lord, Moon God, Moonhammad, it's all the same

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

benzine posted:

Got a super yoyo from Mothra!
I got a Godly one. 161 damage, 30 more than my goddamn Legendary Terra Blade. I don't understand how a Yo-yo is more effective than a legendary sword-laser, but I digress.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

90s Shoes posted:

A full solo campaign of this game has to be inching toward 100+ hours now, right?
At least. My full solo campaign back in 1.2 was 150ish.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

So do you need to make a new character for that dedicated server or can I just bring my post-hardmode character on?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

kazil posted:

Crawltipedes, the worm enemy during the solar part of the end of the world event, are the dumbest thing ever and I hope they get a balance pass.
This. I didn't even realize you could kill them for a while since they have no discernible health bar.

On the flip side, the Stardust Dragon Staff is amazingly overpowered and it can easily carry you through the late endgame once you craft it.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Desperate Character posted:

yeah I fought the final boss for about 30 minutes with vampire knives and found out the hard way there is no point killing the hand eyes as it just makes the match even more difficult for melee fighting. the four pillars take loving forever to actually kill too so it's gonna be frustrating going back to actually fight him. I'm wondering if they spawn in the same spot and I can just make grinders for them
:confused:

I've managed to solo the four pillars four times now and almost managed to kill the Moon Lord (~8000 health left on his last eye). It's not bad if you're running Magic with Spectre Armor/Hood.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

If we're still talking about houses, here's my humble abode that served me from 1.1 through 1.2.4.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

kazil posted:

The materials list for the cell phone are dumb though.
...There's a cell phone now? Does this mean I can browse Instagram in-game or some poo poo?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Lakitu7 posted:

It seems like yoyos are so good that there's almost no reason to use most swords anymore? I'm not sure what the hardmode yoyo situation looks like but pre-hardmode all the best swords I used to be excited about seem strictly outclassed.
Get yourself an Eye of Cthulhu and never have to worry about melee ever again. 115 base damage means everything dies.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

benzine posted:

Wait until you get the Terrarian :getin:

"190 melee damage"
"it fires projectiles at a rapid rate that home in on nearby enemies"
:stare:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Oh good, I just realized through my fourth time fighting the Moon Lord that my Spectre Hood healing ability is negated.

gj Re-Logic for loving me over without knowing it. :thumbsup:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

SirSamVimes posted:

So I'm in an Expert game, and I've just killed the Eater of Worlds. Should my next step of progresssion be a) hunting meteorite b) preparing to fight Skeletron c) hunting down a queen bee in the jungle?
I usually hunt for meteorite to craft the armor and the Space Gun. It works very well in normal mode, but I dunno if it would be different for Expert.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Every time I face the Moon Lord he becomes more of an rear end in a top hat to me. Good job Re-Logic for making the final boss not even remotely fun due to all the grinding poo poo you have to do beforehand to reach him only to die halfway through. :thumbsup:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I would play expert except I don't like designing and building an Engineer's wet dream to beat a boss.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Mzbundifund posted:

Bee armor is hilarious but it's getting really weak and we just started hard mode. What's the next armor we should be looking for to raise the number of minions?
I'd like to say Tiki, but I've never run Summoning armor, so I dunno.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

King Doom posted:

They'll prolly do what they usually do and nerf the spectre set again.
Please no, it's hard enough already to run the Hood in multiplayer.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The Moon Monster posted:

Has anyone else noticed items randomly vanishing from existence on them? I've had 4 items, including a summoning staff from the Moon Lord just up and vanish on me in under an hour today. I'd say I'm just being clumsy and losing stuff but I was working on a a building project so if I had dropped it I would have been able to find it. I also never remember just straight up losing poo poo like this before in Terraria. Does hard mode have some sort of item degradation or something? My inventory was full at the time, if that makes a difference. On an unrelated note, is there some sort of cheating program that will let me give my character items?
You aren't alone. I've tried to use an inventory editor to give myself the Last Prism (I'm sorry but the Moon Lord is too much of an rear end in a top hat for me to handle) and every time I leave it in a chest, leave the world, and come back, it's gone. This has happened several times.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

There is no God but Space Dragon.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Sjonnar posted:

gently caress expert mode
ftfy

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Just had two Martian Invasions within two minutes of each other. I swear I got every drop that you could have gotten during it and then some (3 drat Cosmic Car Keys).

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Zereth posted:

I don't know why everybody keeps saying this. I use about 8 buckets and then pumps to duplicate it to fill all my artificial fishing ponds. And fill up my lava and honey reservoirs when I go get honey blocks/crisp honey blocks/obsidian.

It takes a while to fill up but I'm pretty sure pumps just output slightly more than they take in.
I don't understand how people can do technical things in this game when I can barely make a dart trap.

Then again I haven't tried to make anything technical beyond said dart trap, so maybe it's easier than it seems.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You need to buy a wrench and some wire from the mechanic. Use the wrench to place wires between your trap and the pressure plate/lever/switch/etc.

Well yeah I know that much. My friend built an entire system of wires and doors and teleporters in our multiplayer world so apparently it's easy enough.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Dr. Fetus posted:

Fastest pick? Yes. Is it the fastest way to mine? Nope. Not in the slightest.
Too bad it's completely useless once you get all the materials to make it, unless you're stopping corruption/crimson.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The Moon Monster posted:

They won't attack you if you're standing on the ground.
Then everything else from the Solar Pillar can kill me. :downsbravo:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Supremezero posted:

Honestly, the rest of the Solar Pillar is kinda pathetic compared to "imma run through you at stupid fast speeds doing stupid fast damage with stupid multiple body parts that you can't hit".

Each Pillar seems to have a bunch of eh enemies, and one colossal "gently caress you" enemy.

Except Nebula Pillar. gently caress Nebula Pillar, everything there's a dick.
Honestly I've had the least trouble with the Nebula Pillar. Maybe because I'm running Spectre Armor+Hood with Nebula/Stardust items, so everything loving dies within seconds. Even before I had the Pillar items, running Magnet Sphere, Rainbow Gun, and Death Sickle managed to do the job just fine.

symbolic fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Jul 11, 2015

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

The web slinger is not represenative of other multihooks at all; its a weird gimmick where you have an absurd number of hooks but the range on them is pitiful so its pointless.
...I love the Web Slinger. :negative:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Grimman007 posted:

Which hardmode boss should I do first?
Destroyer, or the Twins if you're feeling ballsy.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

How do the Spectre Hood and Spectre Mask compare in terms of situations? Is one better for bosses and the other for mobs? I've been using exclusively the Hood and it worked well until the Pillars. It's useless against the Moon Lord.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

President Ark posted:

The one that heals is incredibly useful in multiplayer.
Although in multiplayer, it heals the person with the lowest, not exclusively yourself. That can be problematic since if you have 100 health and your buddy has 50 against, say, Duke Fishron, you'll be dead by the time the Hood gives your friend enough heals to focus on you. Still not a major inconvenience, though, since a situation like that rarely happens.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Qylvaran posted:

Man, 17 Stardust Fragments. This means I have to beat the Nebula Pillar before I can make one of the summon items. Stardust Dragon is my best option, right?
Stardust Dragon is the only summoning item you will ever need ever again.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Qylvaran posted:

Moon Lord down! Now to decide which armor set to go for first. I've been mainly using melee, but I'm considering switching to one of the others. Is a mage worthwhile solo?
I've gone mage on every character. It is an extremely effective class wether in solo or multiplayer and I love the endgame items being stupidly overpowered.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

Mage is cool because there's a lot of magic weapons that do different stuff. I have 4 different weapons on my toolbar to use in different situations.
It's also cool because you can use several attacks at once. Throw out the Rainbow Gun, then Magnet Sphere, and then use the Nebula Blaze. Massive damage (and massive heals if you're using the Spectre Hood).

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Internet Kraken posted:

I've killed almost 200 floaty gross without getting vitamins :smithicide:
459 hours in this game (most of those after 1.2)and I've never even seen Vitamins in-game. :smith:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

RatHat posted:

The Nebula spells look pretty bad.
Don't you talk poo poo about my Nebula Blaze.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

1.3.0.6 Changelog posted:

Fixed certain issues with the Stardust Dragon's damage and rebalanced him to be more in line with other minions
Dammit.

R.I.P. most overpowered weapon in the game. :smith:

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The Cosmic Car Key is a godsend when it comes to accessory slots. It freed up the two slots I used for my wings and Frostspark Boots, allowing me to replace them with the Worm Scarf and Celestial Stone. Thank you Redigit.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

The Zombie Guy posted:

I found one of those corrupt areas in my game. (the reddish bloody one, not the purple one). Should I be worried about trying to contain it?
I'd say as a precautionary measure, you could block it above ground with sunflowers or a 3x3 block buffer of mud, or splurge on a lot of Purification Powder from the Dryad. The Crimson (which is what you have) and Corruption only really start spreading exponentially in hardmode, but even then you can purchase a tool from a hardmode NPC that clears most of it with relatively little effort.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Baron von Eevl posted:

I don't think floating islands have any ore.
They can have a few pockets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

watho posted:

Doesn't Eye of Cthulu keep spawning until you kill it?
I think so.