Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
If there was any kind of building-destroying siege, enemies should have a harder time destroying blocks that are more advanced to build. Stone lasts longer than dirt, brick lasts longer than stone, etc. Maybe after stone single enemies can't destroy them but larger siege cannons that take a while to set up can.

Edit: but yeah make it so you have to trigger it or make our an option or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Moon Lord is kind of a pushover. A pretty basic arena will do him in.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Vib Rib posted:

He's an incredible rear end in a top hat in Expert, though.

Yeah but that's why I'm not playing expert. Fuuuuck that.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
What kind of movement do you have, other than the unicorn? Fishron or the UFO helps a ton.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

The Zombie Guy posted:

Any advice on how to deal with harpies? I've been searching for sky islands in order to find a horseshoe, and these bastards keep swarming me before I can finish my rope / bridge to the island.

Will the potions that reveal where ores are also show the ore on sky islands? Seems like it would make it easier to find them.

I don't think floating islands have any ore.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Check out where her house actually is. After dark, walk away from her. She'll just teleport back to her house.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I wonder how easy they'd be to solo with post Moon Lord gear.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I only really start a new world when I get bored of the one I have and want to build a new giant base.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I doubt it would affect them much. Speed has to do with how quickly it will refire after the previous button press, where flails are supposed to be held out and boomerangs rely on it returning.

Edit; I was wrong about flails, but I still doubt melee speed would do much.

Baron von Eevl fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jun 30, 2016

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It reminds me of a flaming portal.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I'd like to see tower defense like elements in Terraria 2. Let enemies be able to damage structures during events, with stronger materials like stone lasting far longer than dirt or wood. Also throw in rentable combat-heavy NPCs with more powerful weapons than the standard townsfolk.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Don't. Your hits only do 1hp of damage, no matter the weapon, he has 1000hp, instakills you, and flies through blocks directly at you.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Today apparently. They tweeted a few minutes ago that it's live.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
You use it to run across. The wall is constantly moving towards you and you don't want to worry about dodging lava and bursting through walls while you're fighting something called "the wall of flesh."

I used water walking and whatever it is that keeps you from catching on fire and then made sure there weren't walls in my way instead of building a platform the whole way across, but whatever option works for you.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I used the space gun along with that flying devil spell, throwing the spell whenever my mana got back to full.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I've only played the mobile version a little, but it kind of sucks. The PC version's only $5 right now with the steam sale, it's very much worth it.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Also totally separate from hardcore, which is a character setting that is also pointless.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I remember the phantasm ball that drops from the eclipse beyond pretty good.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Yeah, based on what they were showing that's probably for the best.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I remember first night when I didn't know how the game worked was rough, I lost my copper pickaxe and that was pretty much the end of it.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
The fluorescent lights at the top are a nice touch, you gotta admit.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
You can't stack other accessories with the yoyo bag, so don't bother also equipping the counterweight. The bag gives you the extra yoyo and the counterweights. The only reason I can think that it's not working is if it's not equipped, or if the counterweight you equipped is cancelling it.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
A chair that explodes a path directly through your NPC's rear end, invalidating their housing as well as the housing of anyone directly above them.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Cat Mattress posted:

That has been officially explained as the guy not knowing what penultimate actually meant. They aren't planning more content updates anymore.

Really? That's amazing.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I dig that a couple of them are just unspeakable horrors.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Dumb Lowtax posted:

That's called "smart cursor" and is something else. And "smart select" is yet another thing still.

Does anyone know offhand if the Piranha Gun is broken on Mobile now? Just picked it up and it didn't seem to do anything. I tried to whack a Paladin with it. It doesn't have autoswing, which seems to contradict what I'm reading about how the attack button must be held down to use it.

Maybe another coding oversight? Seems related to other special melee behaviors that got overlooked -- like how they forgot to make melee swords that shoot be affected by lock-on, and how right stick no longer affects swinging direction.

I'm going to just start with the obvious here, but do you have bullets?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
In all fairness the theme from Futurama is just Psyché Rock.

https://youtu.be/vC1cgcOEErQ

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
An endgame magic item that lets you copy any structure you've already built and can place an exact duplicate of that structure anywhere provided that you have all of the materials to build it in your inventory (not just the raw materials, but finished platforms, background wall tiles, etc) instantly, BUT it uses mana and health based on how large the structure is. Want to build an arena? It'll drain all your mana and nearly kill you so you better not try and do it mid-fight. Need to build a small shelter during an invasion? Minimal drain to health and mana.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
So is the dbz mod something that would be fun and/or make any sense for someone who's never watched any form of dragon ball media? I have no interest in dbz but a ridiculously overpowered mod sounds fun.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
It's a special feeling when that actually works on someone in this day and age.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

SlyFrog posted:

Never thought about this, but now I kind of want to cry.

How do you gently caress up a release date so badly that "by the end of 2019," which was already a delay and ton of time, becomes "Who the gently caress knows, maybe 2020?"

I think he knows this is probably the last real update so he wants to get everything right, and also probably feels kind of sad and doesn't want it to be over.

Also this game is old as poo poo and he could have easily sold all the free content he's given us since launch as a separate game.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Along those lines, have corruption and crimson (and hallowed, why not) dimensions that are just your world but all that version of the biomes (desert vs corrupt desert vs hallowed desert, etc). You travel into those versions to fight certain bosses, and things you do in one dimension impact the world in all the other ones. Some puzzles can only be solved in one version, like breaking down a certain wall in maybe the crimson to access the dungeon in the other worlds. After a point equivalent to the WOF those dimensions start leaking into your main world and you have to repair or maybe just mitigate it.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I didn't watch the whole video but can't you just plop a tee down in one place and a hole somewhere else and call it a randomly generated course?

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Dareon posted:

The Ball of Cthulhu.

The Twins is already a boss though.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Mooning Lord

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Terbulus posted:

Google cache has a copy for anyone who missed it

[url]http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:yyWSGToxWjQJ:https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/there-back-again-a-summary-of-journeys-end.87997/&hl=en&gl=uk&strip=1&vwsrc=0[/url]

I was going to quote the whole thing but lol it's like 6 times as long as a post is allowed to be by the forums and 210 pages in Word.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
New owner of Mel's property in for quite a few surprises.

please someone get this joke

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

watho posted:

“All drills and chainsaws now dig faster than their non-mechanical counterparts, but have shorter range. Additionally, optimized digging loadouts still perform better on pickaxes/axes, but drills and chainsaws will be faster on non-optimized loadouts”

yeah seems like they still can be buffed but they’re not as optimal. either way i don’t think it’s gonna be something worth fretting about unless you’re like doing speed runs or something?

Yeah, to me that reads like "drills will by default be faster, but the difference is less than what a good modifier will get you."

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Jagged Jim posted:

I'm loving these random world names.

Although I'm not sure if the context of this means "Oh no, Shaty's been hurt! :ohdear:" or " I must hurt Shanty! :black101:"

It's the Hurt Locker, but a little bigger and more ramshackle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Saxophone posted:

This isn't a bad point. Something like the goblin engineer table to combine accessories would be nice for craft stations.

Or just literally when you're at any crafting station have it pull up a tabbed, searchable list of craftables from all of your placed stations. Format it like the fabrication menu. Stations placed at worldgen don't count for this list, only player-placed ones.