Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
Red must seriously not like wizard builds or something. Every time you drink a mana potion, your magic damage is lowered by 20% for 10 seconds, reduced by 2% per second. If you drink another potion before it's up, the remaining damage loss is rolled over to the next duration. Meanwhile everyone else has moved onto bullets and going through thousands of ammo at a time like it's no big deal. :geno:

I wonder if he intended magic users to pace themselves and rely on regeneration while standing still, but that just doesn't work on boss fights. I keep running dry and I feel like I'm being a detriment to the group because of the boss's HP being scaled up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
The speed modifier for the slime staff is just how fast you swing it through the air while summoning a slime. It has no effect on the slime's attack speed, as far as I know.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
The medusa's gaze attack seems buggy when it comes to vertical detection. Someone on the Terraria forums corraled one and did a couple of tests.

Any position below that and the gaze misses you.

But somehow this one pierces solid block and still petrifies. :psyduck:

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

So are crimson mimics worth farming for the drain spell or is the regen/damage combo from it pretty worthless against a boss like plantera? Assuming it's not just lovely in general.

For an early hard mode magic spell, the damage is okay considering it's about a bomb-sized AoE that's centered around your cursor for as long as you hold down the mouse button, provided you have line of sight to the target. But the life regeneration is breathtakingly bad; you probably won't notice it at all just draining one enemy, and you might be up roughly ~10 HP if you manage to damage and kill a few enemies at a time with it.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005
The desert spirits are annoying assholes in hard mode, shooting homing exploding fireballs at you almost immediately after they spawn. And the fireballs phase through walls too. It wouldn't be so bad if there was a limit of one spawn at a time, but when you get 3 or 4 suddenly appearing at once, you start to hate them really quick. It's weird how the place is almost a fully fleshed out biome as far as enemies go, but there's nothing worthwhile unless you want to grind out a single vanity hat.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005

Ernie Muppari posted:

oh...i thought i just hadn't figured out how to toggle that on or something

that's disappointing

what is this, diablo 1?

Can't let all weapons autoswing because of game balancing. By the way, have a yo-yo. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005

Ali Aces posted:

Terraria is like if Minecraft had a baby with a roguelike Metroidvania and it was raised by all the bad words for jews.

Yeah, I think we're gonna need an explanation for what you mean by that. :stare: