Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Given that he apparently knows the level of their pickaxe, I don't think he has to be modular.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
So are crimson mimics worth farming for the drain spell or is the regen/damage combo from it pretty worthless against a boss like plantera? Assuming it's not just lovely in general.

Also I've been manually sorting poo poo in to chests all this time because I never realized that not only did the option in your inventory work well, but it works from further than normal chest access distance.

HoboWithAShotgun posted:

Holy moly, wall of flesh is kicking my rear end on expert. I made 75 blocks of dynamite and set them off with a detonator as soon as I dropped the voodoo doll, but it still had enough health to chase me halfway through the underworld and caress me tenderly with those tentacles.

I'm just going to stack 200 dynamite and blow it up instead.

I though explosion damage doesn't stack?

Read posted:

Amarok probably, you'll have dozens of them if you spend enough time in the ice biome.

And once you kill a mech boss (or all 3) you'll have an even better yoyo dropping constantly when you're in the jungle. I think I got 5 Yeletes in maybe 30 minutes of heart fruit searching and it's really hard to not give up my spider armor and armor of Twins minions to just go all in on a hallowed or frost armor melee set with a legendary Yeletes + yoyo bag.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Is this a reference to Monster Party? I hope it is.

I Said No
May 21, 2007

jesus dude ur gonna kill someone with that av

The White Dragon posted:

Is this a reference to Monster Party? I hope it is.

I'm afraid not. It's just good ol' pumpkin carving.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

GodspeedSphere posted:

So let's say I wanted to be truly a douche, and rig some sort of system on the spawn that traps the player inside. How could you go about doing that? Some sort of dynamite rig, maybe actuated walls of a level higher than their pickaxe?

Don't judge me they deserve it.

You can do actuated walls, but the same pressure plate that turns them on will also turn them off again. You can probably make some kind of one-way switch by rigging the pressure plate up to a spawner statue and doing some mechanical wizardry.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You can do actuated walls, but the same pressure plate that turns them on will also turn them off again. You can probably make some kind of one-way switch by rigging the pressure plate up to a spawner statue and doing some mechanical wizardry.

Nah. Just make the block the switch's on one of the actuated blocks. Switch'll pop off. Of course, then he can replace it wherever he wants, but he could do that anyway. Maybe have it fall into lava.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Actually, better idea: Hook the pressure plate up to a teleporter and whisk them away to a prison cell elsewhere.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Actually, better idea: Hook the pressure plate up to a teleporter and whisk them away to a prison cell elsewhere.

Hmm, that's not bad. Maybe one in the middle of a lava pit. Think someone here did that once.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Jul 18, 2015

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
You could also do a "hoik", like this:

The first pressure plate de-actuates the angled blocks. Getting stuck "inside" an angled block will magically shove the player to the side, which is why this works. The second pressure plate is just to actuate them again so it's ready for the next respawn.

The respawn point is right under that stone arrow, so a respawning player will fall into the pit and get shoved into my worthless dirt box. (You probably want to use something harder than dirt).

It has to be below the spawn, since anything that collides with the player when they respawn gets destroyed.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Man, all of these are giving me Story of Red Cloud flashbacks. :allears:

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Everyone keeps posting these cool bases so I figure I'll post the base from my 3-man expert mode group:

The storage room is vaguely organized, everything's in a properly marked chest but most of the chests were kind of chosen randomly. I stole the item frame idea from a goon's picture earlier in the thread.

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
So far since finally getting into Terraria and battling The Eye, Eater and Skeletron, the hardest boss i've faced so far is inventory management. I dread sorting this all out

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Use item frames. They are your friend. This is a lesson I learned from minecraft.

And also accept any scheme you come up with is a first draft and will have unforseen mistakes, but that's still better than not being able to find anything.

(Also I cannot emphasize enough to put every alchemy plant and fish in a chest next to your alchemy table, that way you will know EXACTLY what you can brew just by opening the chest. That feature is such a godsend to brewing)

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

You could also do a "hoik", like this:

The first pressure plate de-actuates the angled blocks. Getting stuck "inside" an angled block will magically shove the player to the side, which is why this works. The second pressure plate is just to actuate them again so it's ready for the next respawn.

The respawn point is right under that stone arrow, so a respawning player will fall into the pit and get shoved into my worthless dirt box. (You probably want to use something harder than dirt).

It has to be below the spawn, since anything that collides with the player when they respawn gets destroyed.

So if I were to fill that area with lava? I believe we have a winner.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Acne Rain posted:

(Also I cannot emphasize enough to put every alchemy plant and fish in a chest next to your alchemy table, that way you will know EXACTLY what you can brew just by opening the chest. That feature is such a godsend to brewing)

My 'crafting hall' has a platform at just over head-height. The crafting stations are on the floor, and sitting on the platform above each station is a chest containing the materials associated with that station (metal bars for the anvil, herbs/fish for the alchemy table, accessories for the tinkerer's bench etc).

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
i've kept most of my crafting stations in a box to be taken out as needed because I don't need to make furniture out of slime or ice all the time

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Which one of the hardmode bosses is the first I should kill? I have full titanium armor and I still get my rear end handed to me on destroyer because of all the lasers. (I am bad)

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Kinetica posted:

Which one of the hardmode bosses is the first I should kill? I have full titanium armor and I still get my rear end handed to me on destroyer because of all the lasers. (I am bad)

Which boss is hardest depends entirely on the arena you're using to fight them and the weapons you're using. You're gonna have to give more information. My favorite order is to kill Skeletron prime first in a layered platform arena, use his souls to make the flamethrower which I use to kill the Destroyer in a tiny flying open-bottomed bunker arena, and use his souls to make the megashark, which I use to kill the twins in a death race drive-by-shooting from my world-crossing minecart highway.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Kinetica posted:

Destroyer. Get some holy arrows and a titanium repeater (or a daedelus if you can be bothered farming) and it should go down hard. Do remember to build a proper arena with platforms, since being high up means more of the Destroyer will be exposed when it rears up to get you.

One you've killed the Destroyer you can make the Megashark. Load it up with crystal bullets and it'll do for the Twins and Skeletron Prime no worries.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Kinetica posted:

The lasers come from the drones.

The drones can't move or shoot through blocks, but will get tossed through them when they first spawn.

Destroyer can move through blocks.

Therefore, build as small a box that you can dodge Destroyer in as possible and completely ignore the drones.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Supremezero posted:

The drones can't move or shoot through blocks, but will get tossed through them when they first spawn.

Therefore, build as small a box that you can dodge Destroyer in as possible and completely ignore the drones.

the drones do move through blocks, but the lasers don't

also the destroyer will only move about 200 blocks up before he needs to touch a block to continue so a box ~200 blocks in the air should be safe

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011
Really tho, just get some souls of light and make hallowed mimics to get he Daedalus Stormbow, it'll vaporize the destroyer and it ain't half-bad against other hardmode stuff. Also while you're killing lightsoul dudes you can pick up a bunch of crystals and maybe get that crazy rod from the chaos elemental (lol jk no you won't).

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Supremezero posted:

No, Destroyer shoots lasers from segments that haven't sent out a drone yet. It can be quite dangerous if he surrounds you.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011
Cool, that helps a bunch. Thanks guys!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Gobblecoque posted:

Also while you're killing lightsoul dudes you can pick up a bunch of crystals and maybe get that crazy rod from the chaos elemental (lol jk no you won't).

My little brother got that rod a few nights ago and sold it without telling me :negative:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Are there any good mods compatible with 1.3 yet?

\/ Wear it in your vanity slot.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jul 19, 2015

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the stardust armor stand looks so cool, but i'm not really into minions and i do most of my boss battles in the air so it just recalls itself while i'm flying around and hold down. oh well

Flame112
Apr 21, 2011
You could put it in the visual slots?

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I wish the stand could attack without you having to place it. I have 3 turrets already why would I need another one

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the stardust armor itself isn't very impressive looking though. i just want the stand

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
So I'm trying out the auto fishing script in the OP and its not working, the only thing I can see being the reason is that I gave my cursor the white outline in the config file and that might be messing with out the script works.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

For the record, the color of the stardust armor's stand is changed by whatever dye you've put into your non-combat pet's dye slot. Which is hilarious with rainbow dye or one of the other garish colors. :v:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Living Rainbow dye in the pet slot turns Not-Star Platinum absolutely loving fabulous.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

You can't dye minions can you?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

You can only dye the stand from the stardust set, not any other minions. You can dye your vanity pets though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Too bad Not-Star Platinum does completely horrible damage.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

- ernest hemingway
Ok, I got one more fishron kill in! (And two plantera kills without using buffs)
Fishron I used cosmic car key + posessed hatchet + beetle armor high def version + stat boosting accessories instead of wings, boots, or ninja gear + all the buffs.
The fish CAN be dodged with that combo but with a hit taken every now and then especially post second stage, and you have to be careful not to run into a tornado.

Plantera both times used cosmic car key + fishron super weapons. The second time I was just testing out the tempest staff to see if I really wanted to stop using the deadly sphere. It turns out yes, I do. Deadly spheres get caught on platforms. Tempests fly through and are so good about killing poo poo it almost feels unfair. I almost feel like I could take on a moon event with a similar setup without traps, even.

So cosmic car key, despite not letting you dash, might be better than wings since it frees up a slot + infinite flight might be better than even really good wing flight. But when using it it's actually better to NOT have an arena. I almost got killed both times getting caught on platforms. Not walls, platforms. Annoying. But at least with the car key it'll be easier to build a teleport to the other ocean. Again, infinite flight is probably the best...

Do you only get one chance to take on the martians or something? Tried flying through space with a battle potion and did not find any probes. First time I encountered probes I encountered TWO and I was just in my abnormally high jungle biome, not flying.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
No, probes are just kinda rare. What I did was I put a Water Candle on a sky island, popped a Battle potion, and then held another Water Candle and waited.

Sjonnar
Oct 22, 2011

RatHat posted:

Too bad Not-Star Platinum does completely horrible damage.

It's not there to do damage. It's a tank. Anything hit by that burst changes target to the stand, which can't be damaged, so they basically just path back and forth on top of it until the One True God gets around to killing them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

RatHat posted:

No, probes are just kinda rare. What I did was I put a Water Candle on a sky island, popped a Battle potion, and then held another Water Candle and waited.

Also probes seem to be a good bit more common during bloodmoons.