Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Does anyone know what's wrong with these two rooms? I can fill them with the appropriate furniture and it just gives me an unhelpful message that the room is "not suitable". Rooms that are their mirror images work fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Moon Monster posted:

Does anyone know what's wrong with these two rooms? I can fill them with the appropriate furniture and it just gives me an unhelpful message that the room is "not suitable". Rooms that are their mirror images work fine.

Turns out it doesn't really matter. Thanks to the location I picked the entire area building gets flipped to unsuitable every time I spawn the pillars :suicide:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Vargs posted:

Gonna play through this game again with a couple buddies due to the new update. Now that it's been live for a little while, what's the verdict on expert mode? We're interested in some of the new features it brings, but if the extra difficulty just feels like dumb bullshit where that isn't worth doing then maybe we'll pass.

I'd recommend making an expert world after beating Plantera or thereabouts just to kill the Wall of Flesh and get the extra accessory slot.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Has anyone else noticed items randomly vanishing from existence on them? I've had 4 items, including a summoning staff from the Moon Lord just up and vanish on me in under an hour today. I'd say I'm just being clumsy and losing stuff but I was working on a a building project so if I had dropped it I would have been able to find it. I also never remember just straight up losing poo poo like this before in Terraria. Does hard mode have some sort of item degradation or something? My inventory was full at the time, if that makes a difference. On an unrelated note, is there some sort of cheating program that will let me give my character items?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

symbolic posted:

You aren't alone. I've tried to use an inventory editor to give myself the Last Prism (I'm sorry but the Moon Lord is too much of an rear end in a top hat for me to handle) and every time I leave it in a chest, leave the world, and come back, it's gone. This has happened several times.

This was actually stuff I had gotten legitimately, I've never used an inventory editor or anything.

quote:

Did you use the autosort button? I was loosing stuff as well, till I realised it was sorting items into nearby chests as well, as long as there was one of the item in there already.

Not intentionally, and I did check in nearby chests.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Nuebot posted:

I've had stuff vanish using the "Deposit All" button. It acts like it's being deposited into slots that aren't there and it's gone forever.

This is what me and my friend are doing on the world we play together on. Just building rooms randomly connected together however out of whatever. I just recently learned that you can turn platforms into stairs so I don't have to build a screwy network of block stairs and underground tunnels to make every room accessible anymore.

I'm convinced I'm somehow triggering an anti-cheating program or something. I just had my moon lord prism summoning staff disappear less then a minute after starting the game and doing nothing but rearranging my accessory slots. I was able to get it back by alt-f4ing since I actually noticed it happen this time.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Is there any way to get light pets like the fairy bell or wisp in a bottle back after dismissing them by right clicking the buff? Unequipping and reequipping them doesn't work, neither does relogging.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

President Ark posted:

Pick it up and left-click with it like you're eating a life heart or something.

Ah, thanks.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Xenaero posted:

drat the solar weapons don't seem really great. Shoulda saved the fragments for something else.

I found them to both be really good, and going with the highest defense armor is also useful.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

It's funny how in the end Terraria ended up having the same plot as Bloodbourne. Or I guess I should say Bloodbourne had the same plot as Terraria.

Unrelated note, my Godly Terrarian yoyo just disappeared from my inventory. gently caress this, I'm getting an item editor...

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Supremezero posted:

So I tried out the whole "build a circle minecart track and just follow it" tactic for Moon Lord.

It did not work.

Because I was so god drat fast I couldn't hit him either.

What speed should I be going at for this idea?

Just put a teleporter next to your nurse habitation pod and another teleporter a few screens away. Stand next to the teleporter when you fight him and medevac once you get down to 200 hp or so. If that's too cheesy for you then decelerate on your mine cart to fight and speed back up when you need to regenerate. Moon Lord's biggest weakness is that he only despawns if you die.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Sjonnar posted:

Yeah, no more teleporting tricks. I just tested it to see what "cannot escape the star god's wrath" means, and it means he teleports on top of you. Minecart track or UFO mount only kids.

Well, I'm glad I got all his drops and never have a reason to kill him again in that case. The time I did it without teleporting was incredibly long and tedious.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

What program are people using to take screenshots of large areas?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

My dumb base is basically done. Is there any way to coax the Party Girl into my lair or do I just have to get lucky?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Nuebot posted:

Has anyone else had a problem where the cultist doesn't drop a loot bag after the first kill?

EDIT: also what's the deal with the pillar events? Is it supposed to take this long? I've gotten banners for 300+ kills before the shields went down.

I didn't get one, I just assumed he didn't drop one. Looking on the wiki he does but there's nothing worthwhile in it so I wouldn't sweat it. And yeah, the pillars or a horrible slog that takes 70% too long, and they take more kills on expert mode.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The Lone Badger posted:

I can't kill fast enough to get past Wave 11 of the Frost Moon - do I have a chance of getting Santas's drops in waves 7-10, or do I need more dakka?

I was just barely able to make it to level 15 with Solar Armor and the Terrarian yoyo, which was enough to get me a North Pole and Christmas Tree Sword. This was without any real preparation. For comparison, with the same setup up I dominated the pumpkin moon event so hard I ended up with ~55 of each of the boss trophies.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

The_Final_Stand posted:

Play Expert Mode :getin:

Speaking of which, Crawlipedes (those Solar giant worm things) can go gently caress off and die. 200 odd damage per hit, and they move faster than my UFO - just enough so that I can't quite spin up the Last Prism in time to kill them before they hit me.

They won't attack you if you're standing on the ground.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

SynthesisAlpha posted:

I want a Terraria 2 because I want another game as good as Terraria that isn't the same game with mods or another bit of content added in somewhere.

Pretty much, I don't need a Terarria 2 but I'd like another game in the genre that's as good and no one else has shown the capability to make one.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

JustJeff88 posted:

I'm going to get some serious loving heat in this thread, but that twat Notch always struck me as someone who was just looking to sell out and justify it later, and he sure did.

Notch's transformation from indie gaming elder statesman to MRA candy hermit is one of my favorite indie gaming things.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Lorini posted:

Space Gun and Meteor armor ok in early Hardmode? Currently wearing Cobalt armor and going for the pink armor I guess.

They're ok for entry into hard mode. Rescue the wizard from the dungeon and you should be able to craft some much stronger spells before you take on any new bosses.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Looking back the beginning of the video was super clear about all that. It must have been one of the subtitles later on that threw me off and made me doubt my memory:

"I'm rather glad about the seed feature. You saw how I created the world. Try it yourself"

Sounds like they're saying they manually typed theirs in and you should do the same to verify it's a possible map. Just poor choice of words.

They picked a random seed, they were just saying they were glad the feature existed so people couldn't accuse them of editing the perfect world for their run.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

My go to cheese strategy is building a nurse house near my boss arenas and teleporting to it mid fight. Works on pretty much everything except the golem or the corruption/crimson bosses, but they're easy so whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Augus posted:

Having a Town in the Underground Hallow near the bottom of the world is so sick.
Find myself getting bored of the Vanilla Terraria soundtrack again. Too bad all of the Wavebanks people made for 1.3 don't work anymore and I don't have the patience to make one myself. Mining with Undertale music in the background was very relaxing.

What are some strong early hardmode weapons I could use to go against Queen Slime and the Mechanical Bosses? I tried beating Queen Slime using the Hel-Fire and the DPS was very good but I got quickly shredded by her attacks because of the limited range

Onyx Blaster is super easy to make and is good all the way through Golem. Might not be great against The Destroyer specifically, though.