Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

mdemone posted:

So is that five arsons, and three accidental fires at black churches in just two weeks? What the gently caress is going on here?

Same thing that happened in Birmingham Alabama 1963 if my guess is right. Terrorism.

berzerker posted:

No doubt there's a very serious issue here (5 still seems like a lot), but it is important to keep perspective on the human tendency to see patterns in things.

All at black churches. Forgive my rush to judgment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

berzerker posted:

I sincerely doubt those black churches are the only buildings that have been accidentally or purposefully lit on fire in the past two weeks.

And I sincerely doubt that racist angst over the confederate flag and a string of black churches burning is a coincidence. For what it's worth, I hope you are right.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

mdemone posted:

Last I heard, those were the primary theories for the Tallahassee and Ohio fires. Does anybody have more current information?

Investigations are ongoing, but it looks like another one is on fire now. That makes 8 so far.

Forgot the link - http://time.com/3942688/black-church-burning-mount-zion-ame-south-carolina/

Time Magazine posted:

Three of those fires have been ruled arson, one was determined to be caused by a falling branch and faulty wiring, and the others remain under investigation. Several have been blamed preliminarily on lightning; weather in the South this week has been turbulent

Spun Dog fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Jul 1, 2015

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

How are u posted:

I'll never understand why people are so afraid of the idea of a bunch of stupid waste buried deep beneath lovely land that nobody ever goes to. :hydrogen: ~ATOMS~ :hydrogen:

"Hey you know we privatized a lot of prisons and made beaucoup cash by cutting corners. Maybe if we applied that to waste disposal we could turn a quick profit there too."

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

site posted:

DoJ says no criminal investigation into Hillary's emails.

Not only no investigation, they weren't even asked to do it. It's a bullshit rumor.

Elijah Cummings posted:

"I spoke personally to the State Department inspector general on Thursday, and he said he never asked the Justice Department to launch a criminal investigation of Secretary Clinton's email usage,” Cummings said in a statement, as quoted by The Hill.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Radish posted:

Walker is absolute scum and I had no idea he had such a prominent bald spot.

Just wait till it spreads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Joementum posted:

They also have free copter rides at the Gathering of the Juggalos and I honestly don't know which copter I'd be more scared to board.

You must be at least this classy to ride the Trump Copter - - - - - - - ->

• Locked thread