Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
GATCHAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

OP, please mention that the music will be super loving rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Wolfman Nards posted:

Let's hope it lives up to the hype. It's still the same writer, director, and music composer as last time.

I'm just waiting for the new soundtrack to drop, more than anything.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Dan7el posted:

Is there a way for the authorities to identify which CROWDS belongs to which bodies? That's not clear to me. Seems you can become a CROWDS and go on a rampage and no one is the wiser.

Maybe criminal CROWDS get locked up somehow? Dunno, but I'm guessing they'll explain it.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Both episode 0 and 1 are up on CR.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
Wait a second... was that a new theme song my ears heard? I do believe it was.

The episode itself was weird. The new girl is almost Hajime 2.0, but not quite. The alien is... well it should be an alien, but instead it's a red-skinned human who just hasn't seen much of earth. I don't get the point. I didn't hate it though, so lets see where this goes.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Fangz posted:

Hmm, Tsubasa seems interesting. In particular, unlike Hajime, JJ recruited her when she was literally running away from him. Also, her transformation seems to be trigger by being angry, rather than on-command like Hajime and the other Gatchas?

Trying to parse the speech balloons. Yellow is happy, I guess? Green seems to be 'relieved' or something. Spiky edges would seem to denote some sort of tension, while Hajime's gray might be calm detachment or something.

Nah, I think the grey what Genocyber said. I'm sure someone somewhere will make a list explaining them all in great detail before this show is done.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I just though of something. Does anyone remember the first episode of Kino's Journey?

I wonder how they'll play with the mood bubble things...

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

NiceAaron posted:

Talking boobs? Sure, why not.

Scarf, not boobs. Did you watch the director's cut episode form the first season?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Condiv posted:

i guess i'm the only one that didn't like eps 0 and 1 cause they felt like really bad fanfiction

No, I thought the first episode especially was kinda bad in some ways. But the new ideas are interesting and Tsubasa seems like a fun character.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
The new villain is dumb. He's proving that Crowds are bad by doing bad things with Crowds. It's like Decarte's proof of God in which he claims that the existence of god proves the existence of god.

Everything else is still fun though. Still trying to figure out the point of Gel's existence in the show, though.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Fangz posted:

my prediction is that gel is going to also end up in hajimes boobs where she and katze will fight eternally

Gel will summon a speech bubble for Katze, which Katze will then fight with till the end of time.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

I was half-trolling, but what I was getting at is that CROWDS transforms the internet into potentially a physical weapon. It makes VAPE 100% correct: if you provide weapons to everybody without a screening process, you shouldn't be surprised if somebody decides to use that weapon to kill somebody.

My issue with this claim is that it hasn't happened yet. There's been minor cases of theft and such which are easy to deal with, but no one has mentioned a lethal or dangerous CROWDS incident that wasn't VAPE related. I'll admit that this status quo wouldn't last very long in reality, but in that universe it has and VAPE is deliberately shaking the boat.

And it's not as if there is no capacity of dealing with rogue CROWDS, or a deterrent for doing so.

deadly_pudding posted:

It is a metaphor for gun control :ssh:
It's a self-sustaining debate. Is it worse to disarm the people and rob them of their ability to defend themselves against a deadly threat, or is it worse to risk a destructive crossfire when people exercise their ability to defend themselves against a deadly threat?

No gun rights argument has ever held up for me. One thing people like to say a lot is that if we ban guns we would have to ban knives too because they are also deadly weapons. That's a stupid argument because knives have a multitude of uses while guns have only the one purpose (hunting for food is a special case). People also say that it's people that kill people and that guns are only tools, but a lot of people only kill people because guns make it so drat easy.

CROWDS are more like knives. They are extremely versatile tools that have the potential to be dangerous. VAPE wants to show that CROWDS are inherently dangerous, like a gun, but they're trying to prove that by intentionally making their CROWDS do bad things. You could argue "But guns only do bad things if they are used to do a bad thing too," but guns can only be used to do bad things, so it's just a question of whether you use the gun or not. That doesn't apply to CROWDS since they can be used for good purposes.

ViggyNash fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Jul 14, 2015

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

what have i done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Lessail posted:

Gel is in contrast to GALAX and the social media experience. She's coming around at a time when trust in the CROWDS system is lowering and when Rui's faith is wavering. Gel won't be the final badguy, but rather part of the solution imo

I think the conflict will come from a difference of opinion over what constitutes a peaceful. She's already been shown to have a pretty idealistic view about the way people should interact with each other, and we've seen that people like Hajime and gramps who are set in their ways concern her.

My prediction? Her version of peace is homogenization. That will lead into the age old Apple vs Android debate, human society edition.

• Locked thread