Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

So define soft launch for me, is this poo poo from open beta being carried over?

Question 2: how much can I change class, the raid video talks about changing classes mid raid for each fight... how much of a pain in the rear end would that be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Schubalts posted:

Changing class is as easy as opening your ability menu, hitting a class name and then hitting "change Class".

I meant regarding gear, the OP mentioned amulets that buff specific skills how hard is it keeping 2-3 classes competitively geared so to speak? + obviously unlocking the not sphere grid

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

As this is a game about gods:

Reddit Athesit Alliance
or
Euphoric

New contender

Stormgale fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jul 6, 2015

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Pierson posted:

Someone said this was like Vindictus/PSO; mission-based rather than a real MMO world and that interests me because well-crafted dungeons are one of my favourite parts of MMOs. Is it procedurally-generated like Warframe using tilesets, or is every mission 'hand-made' so to speak?

From what I can gather it's both, theres alot of solo/group dungeons but also some more open world shared areas you can fight with randoms?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Eonwe posted:

i wanna play kinetic since it looks p sweet

I wish I could play with you but the ocean will separate us noble Eonwe

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

if any EU goons are going to play on EU servers I can probably set something up

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Eonwe posted:

if you ever wanted to be a completely ineffective special snowflake then boy are you ever in for a treat

right stormgale

I thought the op told me not to play cryomancer?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

How easy is it to rejig my order?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Any eu goons able to talk to me about US latency?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Eonwe posted:

the latency is good, stormgale

Come on in the latency's fine? Eonwe you rogue,

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ether cores are passive Stat bonuses you feed cores, they cost argent's to afix

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Bashez posted:

But where do I get the cores?

Random drops

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Dosvidanya posted:

So I needed 2 okki tablets for a new chapel on a new province? What a solid grind, wish I could just buy them on the market.

Just keep an eye out for the bonus missions

Also You can get 99% of what you want out of the guild by hanging on mumble, the guild currently provides 0 unique benefits.

Also Drinkfist cant actually kick you without a vote

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Its's cool everyone asks that as it's not very obvious

Obscurity you are a cool person btw.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Kabuki Shipoopi posted:

Every time I try to accept the alternate class, I always spawn as my main :saddowns:

:siren:YOU CANNOT TRY AN ALTERNATE CLASS IN A GROUP:siren:

This is another thing the game does not explain/is a bug.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Anoia posted:

The good time to use rocket launcher mode is when someone else is taking all the aggro or when you don't mind taking a few hits to the face (like on the boss's last bar of health) so you can spam shots until it's dead.

Also when you switch to plasma mode and lay the area of effect field with C, cackle maniacally as your shots disperse in the field and shock everything in it for extra damage. Really good for ranged enemies or anything that's right in your face and won't move.

Also the rockets become godlike for AOE when you get fragmentation rounds (turns RMB projectiles into mini AOes)

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

I didn't want anyone to say anything about the "Hard hitting mobs". Motherfuckers telegraph their bashes very obviously so people need some time alone with themselves to weed out their inner suck. I watched a guy in Lanbar Catacombs take the wave attack from the final boss every time and said it would be fine because they are paladin. He died not soon after.

To be fair when the swarm type enemies have telegraphed leap attacks its kinda hard to dodge all of them especially with the tiny windup and massive range.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Liberatore posted:

I've only noticed those when playing ranged. Something to do with the speed buff, I'm guessing.

Possibly, It just really sucks for multiple packs of the Cursed undead guys, pack 1 dies to missile spam easy but 2-3 speed p and rush you, leap attacking 3/4 of my HP bar from 15-20 m away

Third World Reggin posted:

I think I could please stormgale.

Only Eonwe can make my Kokoro go doki doki, i'm sorry

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

blastron posted:

I am thinking about purchasing this game, but I have a very important question. I see that gear is entirely cosmetic, which is great, because I love playing pretty princess dress-up. Are outfits all one item, or can you mix and match pieces? Also, are there robust options for color choice?

Head and body are different (+ earings, facewear)

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Morglon posted:

The grouping really bugs me in this game. I'm in an odd place because I didn't play closed beta and jumped in late for early access and had to figure poo poo out so now I'm behind the people who poopsocked but ahead of the people who jumped in for regular release meaning I can't really group with anybody unless I want to pug so I'm stuck soloing a lot of the time. Meaning also that I can't really recommend this game to anybody because telling them to level for a month or so until they catch up with me so we can play together isn't really a thing I'd do.

You can group with anyone if you group up with them and select solo, solo does not mean you on your own but means "Without group finder" so long as the lowest prestige person leads the party higher prestige people can join them

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

LunaDeus posted:

Can someone clarify what it takes to get the class symbol that I hear so much about since I can't find it anywhere on the ascension atlas.

Is it something you put points into to unlock? Or do you have to max out the lower atlas of a class?

Get every ability and talent for a class

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Each rank of upgrading a province (numerically, not quality) is +60~ prestiege, so with how farmed lewtt is alot

Wolpertinger posted:

Argggh, I capped four nodes from hitting archer. Once I get the 3200 reliquary, I can get two nodes, but getting the 400 sparks each needed for those last two nodes from another reliquary is probably pushing it. How in the world did people already unlock TWO classes?

Early access

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Dosvidanya posted:

I guess this week after getting kinetic I'm getting every greatness node I can. I'm capped out at 3000 atm =\

I'd worry more about maintaining proficiency on parity with prestige, so you can keep using gear drops (not because higher proficiency gear is better but being able to use your drops means you can fish for better passives)

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Wolpertinger posted:

The way i thought it worked is that each week the game has been running the total game-wide cap increases, so people with early access have the same spark cap as normal players - is this not the case?

Every week you have a character your caps roll over

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Wolpertinger posted:

huh, so people who join in, say, a couple months, will be permanently behind everyone else?

Caps will go up over time as a catch up mechanic but kinda yes? Not complete gulch so.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

Well got the game downloaded and started just in time for maintenance :v: Think I'm at the point where I'm supposed to pick a class to start with so I guess I'll ask some questions.

- Do the different classes offer different development paths as far as other classes and whatever other unlocks go? Like 'pick class X if you want to quickly unlock class Y' or whatever?
- Do tanks and supports have a more difficult or slower time of it when solo in the finest traditions of MMOs everywhere?
- Which of the starting (or at least early) classes lets me be the Fanciest Wizard? (I'm talking flashy overblown spell effects, the more anime/DBZ the better)

-No
-Compared to other DPS yes but the cryo is heavy AOE based which both paladin and Lightbinder are also good at
-Kineticist lets you be magneto and create a hamster ball of magnetic death
Necro is constant undead and death all the time
Lightbinder has a laser cannon

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Clairetic posted:

About the garrisons: It seems like fresh adepts still give 3 followers if you send them as missionaries so should I leave a slot open to recruit every new applicant and make them a missionary immediately?

If you want, honestly at later points 3 followers is less than nothing

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Xae posted:

Is Mare Sacro Monastery poorly tuned or are people just really terrible at this game?

A little of both, important thing to understand is that the trash mobs (the 3 diamond ones) actually do most of the damage so killing them quick or ccing them is really important

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

lewtt posted:

Two people are holding up the voting for the next construction. If you're a commander get the gently caress on please and vote "no" so we can vote for an HQ instead

i think it's fetish and stormgale

Was busy crafting in FFXIV and not reading the thread, just did it now you fucks

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Forgotton posted:

I think they are undervaluing hardware. This game is trying to tell me my AMD has a system rating of 3.9 and requirements are 7.0. And my i5-4670k # 3.4GHz is 6.8 out of 7. Does it just have outrageously high settings or is it as dumb as I think it is?

Anyways, in and playing. So far seems fun and good call on the pally.

This game is not well optimised.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Automated Posting posted:

So I'm working towards Slayer, but I'm a bit concerned about how I've heard they have trouble soloing. I know they have a rough time with trash mobs while solo, but can they handle bosses alright on their own? Because if they can do bosses then I could just take care of trash as a Pally and then switch to Slayer for the bosses and still get most of the class sparks going toward Slayer that way.

Edit: Also, should I be beelining for that "God's Form" node in the middle or can I leave that till later?

Slayers are fine solo, you sometimes need to wait a tick to regen energy before swarm packs

You cant touch god mode till 30k prestiege so ignore it.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Martout posted:

What sort of pings do my fellow european goons get on NA usually? Last night when I gave it a whirl was not a "usual" night I take it?

Like 1xx it's playable, only thing that lags is you dying you'll jitter a bit when you actually hit 0

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Martout posted:

I will come to NA and give you all my internet funbux in memory of our failed foray into ArcheAge, Stormy.

Nah

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

I really wish my prestiege was much closer to the expected proficiency for the dungeons I am running.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Good Will Hrunting posted:

I finished Lanber Forest and now it's saying I haven't even started. Is this a known bug?

Your progress in a zone resets when you finish the quests so you can get more sparks if you want

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

So that quest where you have to go kill a guy who drops sparks to let you god form, is that a daily? weekly?

• Locked thread