Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I only found out about this game a couple of days ago and I have to say I am loving it... so intense. Exactly what I wanted out of the Dirt games. Controller with all the assists off + manual is better than I thought it would be as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Are you playing in 3rd person view? For the rain stages I mean. I think there's something weird going on with the rain and the motion blur from moving the camera that makes the FPS plummet. Otherwise I haven't noticed any drops in FPS. Don't get any problems playing in the cockpit view when it's raining.

Buck Turgidson fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Jul 15, 2015

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Really? You can't even alt+enter? What happens?

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Please don't axe me I'm WARIOMAN

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Ringo Star Get posted:

I was using a 360 controller and I could not control the Cosworth worth a drat. What are some good settings for the controller?

I'm using a DS3. My sensitivity is at 90 and linearity is at 0. I didn't change any of the other controller settings. Turn the assists off.

The RWDs just require a bit more finesse and it can be more difficult to achieve that using a controller.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

Qmass posted:

Yes!

The 205 t16 now looks impossible to drive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJSGc3PTP3k

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
I was doing alright until the last stage... ploughed into a stone and sent my wheel flying off. Also the game just got some huge update adding in telemetry.

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
Definitely bonnet or helmet for me. I tried using the chase cam for rallycross and I just can't get used to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬

ChrisXP posted:

I had exactly this when using my PS3 dualshock on my laptop using those rough MotioninJoy drivers. I then eventually found some combination of settings in MiJ where this didn't happen. I actually got a proper PC joypad and didn't have any more issues.

I don't know the F710 specifically, but does it have its own custom drivers that prevent Windows from seeing it as a typical controller?

I know people are probably aware of this already but there are much better drivers available for the DS3 controller than that MotionInJoy stuff. Some guy on a PS2 emulation forum made them and they work for me on both W7 and W10.

Here you go: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

• Locked thread