Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Lumpen posted:

Hey guys look at my newest night action results:

He's due in June.

OMG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Ixtlilton and I went to a historical museum today and learned about duck decoys and General Custer. Then we went to a pawn shop and he bought a statue that I'm pretty sure is haunted and I bought my first electric guitar.

So basically I'm on my way to being the rock star I've always wanted to be, and he's about to have horrific Stephen King poo poo happen to him. RIP ixtlilton.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

The Expanse is really loving good.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Mafia thread I need help/advice

I'm dealing with a lovely chronic pain issue that flares up really bad every once in a while. Today is the first day of the semester and it's so bad it woke me up out of a deep sleep. I feel like missing the first day would not be a great way to start the semester. Tests about this condition have been inconclusive but I have a pretty strong inkling as to what's going on. Please tell me what I should do:

- attempt to ignore the pain and go to school, it will suck an awful lot but obviously I'm not going to die since this has been going on for a while
- go to urgent care, where I will almost surely be kept waiting a long time and then billed a lot for very little actual treatment
- take benadryl and try to sleep through the pain, missing the first day of most of my classes
- try to score some kind of pain medication from the homeless people outside my building
- smoke weed for the next couple hours, go to class barely functional, apologize to teachers for being barely functional

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Kashuno posted:

You should probably see a doc and have them give you prescribed pain killers lutr

Yeah that would be awfully nice. Unfortunately my doctor sucks. I'll probably go see him this week, although it'll be a little late to help me today.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

A bunch of schools closed around me and I can't for the life of me see why because conditions weren't bad and I still had to walk to choir this morning

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Both of my parents keep bees and I still haven't gotten to try my hand at making mead.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

How do I add you chumps on Steam?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

lol I can't add you because you're too popular

also full disclosure I only got steam because I beat too many people at ascension and now nobody will play it with me so I have to find greener pastures

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

How are you, thread? Music school is kicking my rear end and I met my soulmate yesterday and she moved in right away. She's the cutest here is a picture http://imgur.com/iAXZv7p

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

MG2 posted:

Oh my god what a cute puppy
She is twice as cute when she's pouncing around the living room and she's soooo warm and soft

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

TMMadman posted:

Is that a copy of 'The Talisman' by King/Straub?

Yeah, I inherited a bunch of beat up paperbacks from someone who moved out of the building and took that one because it's been a while since I read it. And now I haven't restarted it. Been reading Dark Tower for the first time instead. Which I liked way more at the beginning and now it's a slog (book 5).

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Rurea posted:

recommend me a movie with some really top notch cool action scenes that i can watch on netflix/amazonprjust watchime/hbogo ??????

If you can find American Ultra, I super enjoyed that one. Last Action Hero was on Netflix last I checked, that one is awesome. Otherwise just watch Person of Interest.

Allen Wren posted:

For the longest time, The Dark Tower was basically my favorite thing ever. I still think The Gunslinger holds up as an amazing weird western.*

*I've never read the revised version, which supposedly crams in a bunch of continuity in order to remove contradictions between the early and later books. Also, any version of The Gunslinger lacking Michael Whelan's paintings isn't one you want to have around.

Then the fourth book came out.

The second and third books were fairly lengthy and, I felt, could use a bit of editing, but there's a very sharp dividing line between the front half and the back half of the series, and the beginning of Wizard and Glass is the dividing line. Not only did King's writing evolve noticeably between 1991 and 1997, he also added what felt like eight million other plot points and digressions. I slogged my way through, eventually losing track of everything maybe a third of the way through The Dark Tower (book seven) itself and putting it on the shelf. That book has moved 1500 miles with me, and then through four apartment changes after that. I still have never finished it.

e: all that said, I really need to rewatch El Topo.

I actually really enjoyed Wizard and Glass, apparently that makes me a total weirdo.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

School's out, financial aid is like "go away and come back in the fall" so I won't be taking classes for three months. Also I went to see my brother's band play on Saturday night and ended up slipping on wet concrete and broke my left hand (spiral fractures of the third and fourth metacarpals). Going to see a surgeon this morning but it's looking like it'll take a while to heal, so it's also a summer where I can't do the job I was planning on AND I can't play the guitar or piano until I'm totally healed.

Sooooo anyone have games starting so I won't be going loving nuts with boredom and/or playing farmville until my eyes fall out of my head? Did anyone miss LUtR on pain pills, cuz I'm back, baby!

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

BottleKnight posted:

I somehow missed that thing Kash quoted, sorry!

Get well LUTR!

It's cool! I've got the good drugs for a few more days and today I found out I won't need surgery, hooray!

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Thinking of running this setup to get mod practice in for my 24 player Stargate game.

Loophole: posting twenty times in a row

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Today there's apparently a home brewers festival in my city where you can go out and sample a shitload of (possibly sketchy) homemade beer so I'm gonna go get day drunk for freeee

Discussion topic: it's summer and that means everyone goes totally batshit for IPA but IPA is literally the worst, please talk about how gross and terrible IPA is

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

GulagDolls posted:

anyone wanna come be a peasant with me. throw tech in the garbage, harvest crop, pull wagon?

u know i'm in bby

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

since i can't do loving anything with my hand all broken (like even typing sucks) i am taking this summer to work on a long-form writing project (longhand, what??) and i need some new music because i'm sick of all of my playlists. make me something fun on spotify and if it hits the sweet spot you will be rewarded most handsomely.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Ixtlilton posted:

Is the reward also a spotify playlist?

what, would you rather have a trip to a museum about how great custer was?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Asiina posted:

Listen to Hamilton on a continuous loop forever and ever (and ever and ever and ever).

i am not a fan, i've tried, it's just not my thing.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Kashuno posted:

Runescape Mafia #1 is taking sign ups. While this will be a series, there is no requirement to commit! Come join a weird stat management mafia game

i'll trim armor just drop here

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

What's everyone doing this weekend?

Cooking good food, binge watching Kings, writing a thing, possibly going to a bonfire at my sister's house, drinking too much.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

BottleKnight posted:

I'm watching the new Star Wars with my mom who hasn't seen any of them since she saw Return in 1983. She really likes Han Solo.

don't we all.

i'm pretty sure young harrison ford is maybe the most attractive person who's ever walked the earth.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

BottleKnight posted:

nah, Matt Bomer

nah, Matt Bomer

nah, Matt Bomer

matt bomer is gross

i do agree about cckeane though, rrawrrr

Asiina posted:

My friend did this to me while we were sitting in the theatre watching The Sixth Sense.

my dad somehow managed to dodge ever getting spoiled about the sixth sense, so there was this one day where it was playing on a movie channels and i was like "huh i've never seen this before" and watched it with him. he was totally enraptured the whole time and at the end he was like HOLY poo poo WHAT???? WHAT AN AMAZING MOVIE

the movie was okay, my dad's reaction was one of the best things i've ever seen. i took him to see inception a year later and just watched his face during the last scene. dads love twist endings.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

ketchup + sriracha + a tiiiiny dab of mayo = the best thing to dip your fries in ever

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

hope y'all are having a nice morning

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

(that picture is a month old, by the way. she moves so fast now i can't get a good picture unless she's asleep)

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

TMMadman posted:

X-Men: Apocalypse is an alright movie. Not as good as Captain America: Civil War or Days of Future Past

but olivia munn as psylocke

(i haven't seen it yet but i've been waiting so long)

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

CapitalistPig posted:

It was deviled eggs when i ate 6 and it was over the course of a thanksgiving dinner i ate 6 whole eggs worth of them and like a tiny scrap of everything else. I really loved deviled eggs as a kid.

"as a kid"

is it really love if you have that modifier in there, i think not. maybe you had a crush on deviled eggs, but you'll never love them them way i doooooo

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

PS: a touch of dill relish in deviled eggs is a knockout. or use sriracha in the mix and sprinkle with cajun seasoning instead of paprika. gah I need to make deviled eggs today.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

We haven't done a buzzfeed in a while. Quote this post and I'll tell you which hot beverage you are.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Infinitum posted:

hospital coffee in a 6-oz foam cup

chaoslord posted:

triple-strength tea with milk but no sugar

CCKeane posted:

mulled wine served in your favorite mug

Kumbamontu posted:

venti caramel macchiato, extra caramel, extra macchiato

Ixtlilton posted: