Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Ground floor ahoy. All aboard for trash island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

JK Mafia, I love you never change.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Kumbamontu posted:

1. The Happening
2. The Happening
3. The Happening
4. The Happening
5. The Happening
6. The Happening

I've done it before, but I will argue for the glory of The Happening as the best comedy released that year.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

The OP reminded me of a couple of things I want answered!

1. Is there a story behind :henget: or is it just funny to you guys for no reason?

2. Why do you guys randomly post pictures of characters from chrono cross sometimes?

:greenangel:

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Asiina posted:

Also the key to the discussion thread is to not read anything if you haven't caught up. Just hit last post and go.

How I learned to stop worrying and love to :justpost:

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I keep the stats of all players handy with my Mafia The Gathering Trading Cards that I keep in a binder in my parents attic.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I am glad Capps is not dead. Speaking of folks without internet, I am moving into a new apartment tomorrow so for a while I will only have internet when I a) steal it from a coffee shop or b) go back to my family's house.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Do you guys remember drawfia 3? what a game

Drawfia 3 never happened. Shut up

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

This is tearing us achart

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I think my name was said like three times so I guess it's time to be Beetlejuice

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

This is kind of a funny cyclical thing, I just realized.

Mafia goons supporting me is what helped me come out as trans in the first place. And now, three years later, I'm coming back with hormones just as I get reinvolved with mafia.

I miss Dr. Hurt. :smith:

I have missed you too! I am v. Bad at keeping up with folks so we need to friend each other on discord because I am so bad at following this thread because people post at 100 miles an hour.

Also seriously congrats on getting hormones!!!!!!!!

Also, dr4fi4. Coming soon. This time. Hurt will finish the game. It's doomed to fail, so have fun failing!!

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

What has been your list so far??

So far I've done:

1. Fiend without a face
2. Halloween
3. Maximum Overdrive
4. An American Werewolf In London

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I love Into the Mouth of Madness but I also really love meta stories. Also Carpenter is one of my favorite directors so I'm a sucker for it.

Which Funny Games did you watch? Original or Remake?

I have yet to see They Look Like People. What's it about?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

The thing about jazz is it's really all about the apples you don't pick.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Snooze Cruise posted:

Wren forgot to mention that the funny games director also made a sweet little romance film about an old couple.

It's adorable and charming.

Also in the mouth of madness is a solid b flick. It's dumb but the effects are cool and the ending owns. And the soundtrack is so 90s it hurts.

Quidthulhu posted:

I watched Hellraiser tonight.

It was hella boring and weird and misogynistic and rapey to start then pretty cool at the end I guess?

I kinda want to watch the sequels~

Don't. It's nothing but diminishing returns. Also yeah it's kinda supposed to be really weird and rapey.

Poison Mushroom posted:

You wanna talk about a movie with contempt for its audience, its actors, and everyone involved in its production? The Visit is horrifying in a way that isn't even fun ironically or in a "haha let's watch this horrible disgusting movie" way. Shyamalan has fallen far.

Sadly, I actually kinda liked the visit. It was totally dumb and the characters were all terrible but I was drinking and it was exactly the movie I wanted to see.

For a second I thought you were talking about the visitor

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

....................................Wolfy.

Thank you.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

BottleKnight posted:

You guys get killed or something?

We play mafia on the internet. Don't cry for us we're already dead

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Hello Mushroom.

Let's talk about two games that are very near and dear to my heart. One of them I tracked down and played and played and played. One of them I bought because I wanted to support the game and also because it's insane.

God Hand is probably one of the best modern beat-em-ups and I will play it every now and then because it is just so much fun. It is still Clover/Platinum's best game imho. Deadly Premonition is a terrible awful game to actually play but it has so much personality it is v. special.

Oh wait scratch both of those the answer is Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Tropical Freeze is like. . . the first game in a long long time that I was inspired enough to 100% it. I beat it once with my little brother and then just wanted play it all over again. I am never gonna try to 100 % it again but some of the levels are just perfect platforming. The bonus levels alone are so much fun.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Mr. F! posted:

Wtf the panthers are so stupid. Why am I a fan of theirs

Reading this I thought we might have played tonight and goofed up and I had to rush to the internet to check and see if for some reason the NFL was playing on Friday. This season has been nothing but bad Newton decisions. . .

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

If we made decisions that made sense we wouldn't be the Carolina Panthers.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Kashuno posted:

whoever was talking about games for new players I'm try and get Katamari Mafia rollin soon

Katamari? Do your best.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Mr. F! posted:

This is very true. I've become resigned to the fact that we will always find a way to lose. My NC state fandom is merging with my panthers fandom lol

Oh. . . oh I'm so sorry. How does it feel being the perpetual underdog? Sneered at on all sides by two teams who would rather fight each other than face you?

(I say this as someone whose brother is at State right now)

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Mr. F! posted:

I've become numb. I went to state. I basically just ignore their athletics. Like I check the score but I cant bear to watch. No matter how well they play in the game, at the end they always find a way to lose.

One time we beat Duke though. My friend who went to Duke was a huge college sports fan (how can you not be when you go to Duke), I called him and razzed him about State beating Duke. He hung up on me and refused to talk to me for like two weeks.

Yeah. I feel like that is the best path for survival as a state fan. That or become radicalized and be so rabidly pro-state that no matter what you will always be there and deny all reality that things might go poorly. I have met way too many of those state fans. I have a bunch of friends who went to state and they are all mostly like you. Check scores every now and then but don't expect miracles.

Any time someone beats Duke is a good time.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Mr. F! posted:

Lol the panthers are so so bad

The panthers lost the Superbowl so badly it destroyed our will to win any game this year.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Imagine a goon posting on a mafia forum. Forever.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Poison Mushroom posted:

Dwarffia was my favorite game that I modded for a lot of reasons, not least of which being Yuming dayvigging Dr. Hurt (who was at I think -1) about five minutes before deadline.

Pokemonfia was great in flavor, but ended up being super overcomplicated.

All I wanted to do was tinker. Tinker and booby trap devices. You'll never take me alive.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

It's not Mafia, but does anyone have a link to Cena's Survivor Mod doc template? Or just any Survivor/Big Brother mod doc template?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Poque posted:

pre-sign

Ahh!! I'm noting this down, but just so you know I'm not planning on doing this until the end of April. That way once school is done I'll be able to focus my total attention to modding (with the help of pera as co-mod). It will give you plenty of time to prepare for the thrill that awaits you.

Thanks Asiina! This really helps.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Ernie. posted:

hey hurt :3:

Hey Ernie! :yum:

Also Pmush I am sending positive vibes your way. The most positive vibes out there.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Ernie. posted:

What's our mafia discord?

BigBadDaddies.dischord.net.biz

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

That's actually a mispronunciation. I think you meant to say Luigi Pro

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

What's up dorks? My students have all taken their exam and now I'm babysitting 9 of them in the library who need to wait to get picked up by the bus.

Ask me questions and I will probably give dumb answers

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Not much. Been contemplating how great the Addams Family movies are. They are two wonderful works of art

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

EccoRaven posted:

have you ever seen the original show?

Not in a long time. I think I might have seen one or two episodes as a kid, but those are very foggy memories. I remember liking them more than the Munsters though. I have a collection of cartoons by Addams and it's incredible to see how many of them were referenced in the first film

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Kashuno posted:

Dr Hurt what do you think of this

http://gatebox.ai/

Call me when it's Hakune Miku. Then I'll be impressed

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

It might be Hatsune Miku. I'm sorry. I've shamed Domino's Pizza

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

The kids that I'm watching over are now arguing over what kind of animal Knuckles is from Sonic. They didn't even know how to pronounce echidna.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Should I strive to teach English in France? Is education a dead end or as fulfilling as I like to believe it to be?

Hmmmmm. I think it depends. I think teaching English in a foreign country would be a different experience than teaching in a normal high school in the united States. What I will say is when students are hungry to learn and they are fully participating and working with you, education is awesome. When it feels like you're fighting an uphill battle and every day you feel like it'll just be one confrontation after another, the career is a living hell.

I know quid is also a teacher although he teaches cool music so he might be able to shine some light on it as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I had to shave my beard so I would have the appropriate amount of stubble so I could be Columbo for Halloween.