Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
When I think you're being needlessly lovely, you've crossed the decency line a long time ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Got a package today!

Neat! I was in the mood for a new sci-fi book. I was going to start with the Culture Series but I think I'll read this one first.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Ditch 3D. Do DOME THEATER like I did.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Tommunist posted:

People should add me on video game platform steam and mock my many hours in dead video games

http://steamcommunity.com/id/heh_hobbes/

We have a Mafia Steam group. Just search for SA WIFOM.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Die Hard is the #1 Christmas Movie.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Best girlfriend ever. I've been using a painting I found online for a background for my second monitor. Apparently I've idly talked about it quite a few times about why I like it.

A couple months ago she found the original artist. A polish fellow on DeviantArt. She bought the original as a Christmas gift for me.

http://drangir.deviantart.com/art/Giant-341184794

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
:sever:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
West Coast Best Coast

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I grabbed OlliOlli. Thanks, Asiina!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
On mobile but did Jonjoe ALSO make a game called "Everyone gets a dayvig" or did you brainfart?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Look Under The Rock posted:

Met did you get any more books yet? I don't wanna spoil what's coming but I also wanna geek out over a couple of them.

Three total! I actually took a picture days ago to put in the thread but I got distracted by something. To be continued when I'm not on public transit!

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

TMMadman posted:

You should watch Contact for the biggest Deux Ex Machina in movie history.

Was that the "Why build one when you could build two at twice the cost" bit? That was terrible in an otherwise okay movie.

The aliens were also underwhelming.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

totino boy posted:

star wars trancends all definitions or rules

No, it doesn't. :(

The Prequels really needed some rules. :smith:

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Updated Christmas Book Haul. Four small ones were from LUTR.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
TV IV is terrible... Except for the Survivor thread... Except for the three regulars in it that I have on ignore because they're lovely to others.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

BottleKnight posted:

I get that this a problem that isn't being solved whatsoever, so can you please stop bringing attention to it?

I get that this a problem that isn't being solved whatsoever, so can you please stop bringing attention to it?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I've put something like 160 hours in Elite Dangerous and I stopped playing it completely when I re-upped my Eve Online account.

Elite is good as a combat game but they really hate the fact they had to make an MMO. Everything that interacts with other players is weakly done.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
I think the combat and the subtle (and not so subtle) differences between various ships is the best part of Elite. The HUD takes some time to learn and read at a glance during combat but once you do the combat really shines. I hope your playing with a joystick/throttle at least.

But interactions with other players is terrible. Just absolutely awful.

Eve Online has its issues but interacting with other players is the highlight.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
XCOM 2 is 20% off on Green Man Gaming right now. Release date is February 5th. I bring it up because XCOM has come up a few times in these discussion threads.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Smiley Mafia has ended in a ~~~~:shrek:~~~~ Victory.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Anyone have a link to the Mafia Discord server? Can that be put in the OP?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Hey Mafia people. I got two Steam game keys to give away. No one on my friend list had them on their wishlist.

Out of the Park Baseball 17
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=NN4aDpm3tDuwsEqY

Train Simulator 2016
https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=b2DNHpyR3BVnNnKh

Be cool. Just take one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
You guys are now a top level forum thread. Nice!