Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Murmur Twin posted:

The last time I saw my doctor, she gave me this form and told me that they're having all patients fill it out. It's copyrighted by Pfizer, and I can't think of any reason for a medical practice to give it to all patients unless they were purposely trying to prescribe more antidepressants / book more psych appointments. The fact that medical professionals can do this with a straight face makes me sick.

haha it goes directly from 'not at all' to 'several days' holy wow

this is how you end up with a statistic that says 'More than half of mental health clinics patients' illnesses affected their sleep, energy or appetite more than once a week'!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CCKeane posted:

I got my last job by winking and flexing.

and now cckeane's business card says "CCKeane: Engineer, Advisor, part-time mime"

Look Under The Rock posted:

Why put a label on it and call it a disorder/illness?

you're losing me, here, lutr

can you state the core of your argument in 1 sentence? i won't misinterpret it, i swear, i just see you arguing three different things simultaneously and i have no idea what your stance is

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

i usually hate amy schumer's stuff, but her star wars gq bit nowadays is great

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

I don't care whether she is funny or not because Amy Schumer is totes sexy.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I actually had this conversation with pmom today. I don't understand why she's perceived as attractive.

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

She isn't hollywood hot or anything but she is a beautiful woman :shobon:

guys what the gently caress

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

also, maybe it's just my take, but her sense of humor is very SNL sophomorish

it doesn't feel like she brought any sense of whimsy into any of her acts/bits/jokes etc.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

What? I think shes an attractive lady. Is there a problem with that?

yes. you saying it out loud is a problem.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tremendous Taste posted:

Physical attractiveness is pretty important to any celebrity but especially those who are currently in a bit of a scandal from posing in sexually suggestive fashions with a Disney property :laugh:

We can talk about it without it being grade school hot or not

YOU SEE WHAT YOU GUYS DID

NOW TASTE IS ALTERNATING BETWEEN IRONIC AND HONEST MID-SENTENCE

YOU BROKE HIM

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

Well, whatever it ain't my problem if it is one.

i, personally, would appreciate it if you didn't turn this thread into a 'HAHA WE'RE BOYS AND HERE'S WHAT MY DICK THINKS' conversation :shrug:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

ernie.

buddy.

lighten up.

Life is too short to worry about stupid crap.

:(

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

CapitalistPig posted:

I think ... attractive lady.

WELL

*moves nerd glasses all the way up my nose*

ADAM SANDLER, right? I don't really give a poo poo if he's funny or not

but if that boy accidentally stumbled into my bed late one night, HOO BOY

first, i'd start by biting his pants on his inner thigh, until they're frayed enough that i could lick the individual hairs of his groin, i'd try to even knot them with my tongue

i'd smack his rear end up and down YOU'RE A NAUGHTY BOY BOULEVARD and then kiss it like a motorboat that just got stuck in the world's thickest cornfield

NEXT

you get the point by now i hope.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

im dead

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

This is an awful way to say it and I hope it wasn't said like this, but it's not untrue. Medications have side effects and you and your doctor should have an honest and frank discussion about whether these side effects are worth the benefit of the medication. That doesn't mean that drugs are poisoning you or killing you, it's not the drug's fault and we shouldn't talk about going drug free as a solution, but people need to be aware that these things come with a cost. I can't tell you whether doctors do discuss these things with the general public. I can speak only from personal experience where I have been made fully aware of all possible side effects of any prescription drugs I take or procedures I have. I recently had an operation that had an extremely high cost both during the procedure (it's dangerous) and afterwards for the rest of my life, but the benefits outweighed (heh) those risks and I went ahead with it, but I could never say I was unaware of them.

asiina's operation turned her into bill hader

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hi mafia thread

i don't know about you but i'm huge huge on bags and for like 2 years now i've exclusively been buying bags from one person: SewMuchStyle. check out her work, help the environment through recycling etc.

also if you're a bag person let's compare collections.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

BottleKnight posted:

F Ernie
M Keane
K Meinberg

oh so that's where meinberg went :D

we all voted to kill him like the scum we are

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tremendous Taste posted:

Despite our flaws as a community I feel that sa mafia is by and large a group of kind, understanding, and generous people. That's why I'm confident that in posting apostate courier's gofundme nobody here would confuse it for solicitation or begging on her part. If you can support AC in any way it'd just be further proof of the quality of people that make up sa mafia and help to set it apart as a family.

i don't have the finances to help anyone else for the next 60 days, apo, but i promise that on day 61 i will pitch in!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

yuming posted:

I am sorting my bags as we speak. I have many different Le Pliage and carry a pink leather crossbody most days because it rules. Oh freepeople's reusable shopping bags are also amazing.

Do you know what the Purse Forum is? There are many many pictures of bags there. I have even seen people's bags having tea parties it is really, something, else.

for me it depends on the occasion. i mostly use the recycled suit bags because it gives me the opportunity to buy garish suits i wouldn't otherwise, helps my recycle and also looks unique

for business i have an old 90s beane briefcase, and i have ... a few dozen travel bags and four laptop bags and 3 backpacks :X

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

am i the only human being who can't get over paul rudd's self-loathing bemused attitude to acting? it feels like the entire time he's on screen he's always thinking "haha can't believe you idiots are paying me for this".

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Asiina posted:

Yes, cause its all very good natured not snarky or cocky.

yeah but that's the thing, i think it comes off as snarky/cocky. you have some people like christ pratt or christian bale who give off the same 'enjoying themselves on the bizarre side of life' vibe but without any of the included smugness that i get from rudd every time he gives us that signature nostril flare look

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Tremendous Taste posted:

Quote this post and I will tell you what animated film you are

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I graduated from an INTP to an ENFP!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Now that I have ... Boy was I deluded that being an INTP is cool. Cynical and lonely is a dim way to consider the world.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

#problematic to suggest that I->E and T->F is "graduation".

I wasn't finished yet, pmom!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

BTW Myers Briggs tests are hilariously broken and the only metric worth any thought in how you interact with the world is the introversion-extroversion scale. Everything else has been known to be bunk for years.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

BottleKnight posted:

90% of the times that I have seen the results of this test it has been INTP. For some reason engineer/math majors consider it a badge of honor.

I remember discovering the INTP forums when I was a kid and thinking to myself "WHAT PART OF THE "I" DONT YOU ALL GET. WHY WOULD I CONSCIOUSLY BE SOCIAL WITH PEOPLE WHO EXPEND ENERGY IN SOCIAL SITUATIONS. WHY WOULD I DO THAT TO YOU ALL."

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

I scored in the 99th percentile for introversion when our high school made us take a Real myers-briggs test :cool:

Haha here's a real Myers Briggs test according to actually not terrible research:

"Hello welcome to your latest Friday night. Which would help you relax more: a beer with friends, or a book under the stars?"

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

Are we talking a beer with two friends or five friends.

we're talking and talking and talking, are you exhausted yet?

updated my facebook status just for pmom

"Took a Myers-Briggs test today. I am officially an INTP success story and have become an ENFP. Hope that everyone back in INTP-land makes the jump soon. Love you all. xoxo"

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

again I know it's mostly bunkum but if my roommate suddenly became an ENFP I would be cloud nine resident number 107633.

start reading to them the results you want in their sleep

"You care about ~feelings~. ~Feelings~ are just another truth of life. You can't have friends if you're too logical. But you can have logic if you have too many friends. JOIN UUUUUS"

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

it said I was intj, is that bad?

yes, you are one letter away from becoming literally hitler

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

here, amoeba, a gif to explain

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

Which letter?

the I > E. most people think Hitler would have fit into INTJ, actually, but I think he was likely extroverted enough considering he was able to bark down his advisors into letting him orchestrate his own demise, and he was an excellent orator.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

A lot of people who are great orators are I. For example, one B. Hussein Obama.

lincoln, who obama apes in his oration, was an E :shrug:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

EccoRaven posted:

woah tone deaf comparison there ernie.

not unless you're looking for it :(

Amoeba102 posted:

I pushed the sliders to the extremes when answering and go INFJ. It's like these things are not entirely determinative.

aren't you like a nuclear physicist, amoeba? how are you surprised?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Amoeba102 posted:

Sorry if that might have sounded snarky Ernie.

haha it didn't. you've made me add 'use a synchrotron' on my to-do list.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Okay I've let bottleknight be ignored for too long

Happy birthday bottleknight

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Meinberg posted:

Quote this post before I leave to go to rehearsal and I'll tell you what Shakespeare play you are.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

god dammnit, meinberg (:)) has already left for rehearsal

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

I vote an entire head of cabbage

Cannibalism is illegal in the U.S., Opop!

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

uranus posted:

i just listened to this whole thing without noticing. i always thought they were a death metal band or something

technically GY!BE fits into 'desolation' post rock. *props nerd glasses up on nose*

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

so today i down-graded my phone from a 2013 smartphone to a 2011 half-as-smart-phone. i'm trying to be less phone dependent. my brother is already betting i'll be back to my old, newer phone in a month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

bowmore posted:

is complimenting someone by saying they look beautiful with a smile creepy?

one of the common cat-calls/sneers women hear on the street is 'smile more!' - a carryover from bad opinions on how women should always do their best to be attractive, and that even in walking down the street they should appeal to men

while your compliment might be sincere, it unfortunately fits into a very ugly social space nowadays. it's the equivalent of asking a black guy if they play basketball, basically.