Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
I didn't read the last 4000 posts in the old thread. Did I miss anything other than pizza chat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Asiina posted:

I'll join this later and play nothing but Canadian songs.

Nickelback?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

uranus posted:

ive sold a few fiction things. and a couple others that were on sites that have now vanished.

That is incredibly verbose considering your mafia meta. I'm going to expect more words out of you in the future.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

uranus posted:

posting is for relaxing not for trying

Those stories were good. I really liked Repossesion.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

Whoa, I feel like I haven't seen you in a while. Sorry if my bad modding made you go away for a while.

Edit: Looks like you've been playing quite a bit recently, I just felt bad and haven't talked to you in a while. Weeeee.

I got behind in the discussion thread and it just kept blowing out and eventually I had 4000 posts to catch up and just couldn't be bothered. Hi Ixt!!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Pinterest Mom posted:

Oh man it's almost as if having a new thread is less intimidating for people to post in.

We should all stop posting in this one just in case it scares people off.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

yuming posted:

I highly recommend Hatoful Boyfriend, uguu :sparkles:

I just read the wikipedia page for that and I am very confused.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Harold Krell posted:

I've always considered myself an intellectual, though I would consider myself a lot more positive than that chart displays. Who made that chart anyways?

You came into the thread and complained about the chart. I feel like it is pretty accurate.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

If I sign up for Asiina's game will someone create a cool role for me?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Also, hi everyone!

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Also, also, it was my birthday the other day.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

busb posted:

Happy bday. Hey when did you mention you were going to be in Syd? I forget

October, Labour Day long weekend.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Quidnose posted:

Mine too! What day?

29th.

Happy birthday!

EXAKT Science posted:

happy birthday f_v!

Thanks

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I set up a Netflix subscription last night. I have watched so much in the last 24 hours.

Help.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I bought a house so I could get a dog. It was worth getting a $600k mortgage for.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

In the case of clarification though one can simply exist, floating along without purpose or accomplishment, without needing to die

Can I have this without having to write 18,000 words about Final Fantasy?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I play video games.

I've made a career out of selling video games.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

I have been to PAX many, many times.

I wrote fanfiction in middle school and early high school. Anime fanfiction.

This is not particularly nerdy (I think) but your comment reminded me of this.

When I was 15, I wrote a choose your own adventure story for my friends, that was probably about 50 pages long, that consisted of nothing much more than extremely graphic sex followed by death (yours, your lovers or both). I underestimated it's popularity and it got passed around to all the girls in my year and I briefly became very cool because all of a sudden people thought I had some mysterious sex life they knew nothing about.

Unfortunately I had just read too many Danielle Steele novels and had an overactive imagination.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I said I would if someone would make up a cool role for me.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

If rollercoasters are an option, then go on rollercoasters.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

JakeP posted:

how do you mess up a quesadilla

Airport food is not real food.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Asiina posted:

Things that have happened when I was at Charles de Gaulle

- People spitting on the floor
- Information desk workers being rude as heck
- Some people came up to us demanding to sign a petition by thrusting a clipboard into my hands. They were then chased off by armed police/guards with their guns out and they pulled the clipboard out of my hand so fast it burnt my skin.
- A cashier shortchanging me.

Plus it has a very confusing and difficult to navigate series of terminals where getting from one end to the other is a huge pain.

You are incorrect. The worst airport is Mumbai airport.

Things that have happened when I was at Mumbai

- My connecting flight out of Goa left 1 hour late. When we arrived at Mumbai I had one hour to get from the domestic terminal to the international terminal. The only way to do this was via the airport bus.
- The airport bus did not turn up until 75 minutes later, so my flight left while I was still stuck at the domestic terminal
- The international terminal was a total construction zone due to the preparation for the 2010 Commonwealth games (I was there in 2009). There were no signs anywhere for anything and no staff to help
- I tried to contact my travel agent via their 24 hour emergency contact number, was on hold for 15 minutes before giving up. That phone call cost $60.
- Qantas only fly out of Mumbai every second day. They were happy to put me on the next Mumbai-Sydney flight but it didn't leave for 48 hours. Alternatively I could buy a ticket for Mumbai-Singapore (with a different airline) and they would convert my ticket into a Singapore-Sydney flight so I could leave that night. That cost me an additional $500
- I couldn't claim any of it back on travel insurance because the airline that flew Goa-Mumbai ignored every single email I sent them. All I needed was an email acknowledging that the flight arrived late to Mumbai.

On the other hand the best airport in the world is Changi in Singapore.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

bowmore posted:

also Sydney airport has decent food

The food at Melbourne airport is better.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Holy poo poo you're all cavemen. I paypass/paywave/tap & go/whatever you want to call it everywhere. It is amazing.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

TMMadman posted:

The people leaving wallets, phones and lunches around aren't really living on the edge.

I live on the edge. Right now the sliding glass door to my first floor apartment is unlocked and nobody is home except my cats. I do not live in a particularly great area. There are robberies and crime and gangs in my area. I have a 50" LED TV less than 2 feet from that sliding glass door.

No fucks given.

Are the cats killer guard cats?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

imgay posted:

Republicans agree, "we need to build a wall to keep the mexicans out"

You know Australians would say this too if we didn't already have a moat.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

busb posted:

Stop the landboats???

gotta do something now the waterboats are apparently all stopped.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Amoeba102 posted:

Australia was ahead of the political curve for a while. Not in a good way.

Hey! we're on the cutting edge of the 1950's right now.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

hi bowmore

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Meinberg posted:

America is an Empire that is crumbling. The hegemony of the United States begins to slip further and further from our grasp and our oligarchical overlords can't even afford to properly fund bread and circuses because of their increasingly paranoid desire to be able to project military power across the world. Soon, all will fall, all will crumble, and in the wake of the empire's death, a new dark ages will settle upon this nation.

It is hard to say if we will ever recover.

Is this a quote about Rome?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

imgay posted:

trump doesn't need any cash tbh, dudes loving loaded. president is just a tickbox on his bucket list

Isn't there some debate about how much money he actually has? Kind of like Clive Palmer here.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Today is my birthday party! Yay!

Goodbye Ecco. I'm glad we became friends before you died.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I had my birthday party! Everyone there was in a relationship (except me) so there were no birthday shenanigans.

Although it would be kind of awkward if there were. My two dogs sleep in my room and would complain loudly if I kicked them out.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

CCKeane posted:

The only thing that truly reflects your self worth is how much you love the movie "Hot Fuzz" (You should like it a lot)

Shaun of the Dead was better.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Runaktla posted:

Wait these are all English movies with bland humour (with a second u in it which means it's not actually humor) aren't they?

Spoken like someone from the country that brought us Paul Blart: Mall Cop

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

busb, why was your weekend so bad?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Runaktla posted:

Movie report... spoilers... marking all lols... About 45 minutes into it...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm almost halfway through and I feel I will be hated by CCKeane in the near future.

I think he will hate you more than me. I think its funny, just not as funny as Shaun of the Dead.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Are you guys digging up or down? It's hard to tell.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

CCKeane posted:

This candidate also gave me a screenshot of their resume when I asked for a copy of their most up to date one.

Working on the other side of the interview table has inspired me to submit for jobs way out of my league next time, because eventually I'll get lucky and the company will have to settle. Much like my dating strategy.

This is true. Most resumes are garbage bags of awfulness. Having a decent resume immediately puts you in the top 5% of applicants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

But its Australians

gently caress you, buddy.