Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

This is a new thread, I am now part of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tremendous Taste posted:

I challenge you to post sincere opinions

CCKeane posted:

I only post troll posts, also Gone Home is a video game and thusly art.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Everybody name the last movie to make you cry

Hook. Or maybe it was Big Fish. I can't remember which one was most recent. But Dad stuff always makes me tear up.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

bowmore posted:

I don't like Sandra Bullock as an actress

The Net is one of the best movies of our times, you take that back.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Tremendous Taste posted:

Quote this post and I will tell you what animated film you are

Why am I Aladdin?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Runaktla posted:

Ok list your nerdiest stuff you do...

I played D&D until my late teens.

Check, also still play. I have a weekly online game and a twice a month in person game. The online game switches systems frequently and we are doing dungeon world now, but the in person game is 5 edition straight up.

Runaktla posted:

I played MUDs from my early teens to my late 20s.

Check.

Runaktla posted:

I played Eve, Battlefield 2 and Counterstrike throughout my mid to late 20s.

Played WoW far too long, but still less long than a lot.

Runaktla posted:

I do a monthly board game night.

Mine is a bit more ad hoc than a planned monthly thing, but I probably get together with friends to play boardgames 2-3 times a month.

Runaktla posted:

I'm sure I got one or two other things but that's what sticks.

I have friends that know this well and other friends where I pretend I'm cool all the time that don't know this, except maybe board game night.

Also I play Magic: The Gathering.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

TMMadman posted:

edit - Also, are diagonal slices the devil's work?

Triangles are the best sandwich shape, the true question is 2 triangles or 4?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

busb posted:

Lunch is serious business. The steaks have never been higher, one might say.

Bravo, Steak puns are a rare medium well done.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

merk posted:

If the 1986 Barry Bonds went into baseball today (without any steroids available), I think he'd be the best baseball player of our generation after a couple years. Although his stat line is really impressive, steroids ruined him.

HOT TAKE: Wade Boggs is the best baseball player of the last generation.

edit: Wade Boggs consistently hit over .300 but never won the MVP title because he didn't take steroids hit home runs.

Sorry merk, chicks dig the long ball.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

busb posted:

I'm just gonna call you spacebutt.

derp

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I am Greg, and I only tend to encounter other Gregs in packs. Whether at school or work or whatever, I am either the only Greg or there are 4 or 5 of us. I don't understand this distribution. I have never seen a Greg-pair in the wild.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

What games are still recruiting? Sell me on your thing.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Oh I have a football question! If I'm from southwestern Connecticut which franchise should I support: Patriots, Giants, Jets, or even Bills because I guess they're a state over? I need an answer when asked over here in football-land.

Probably the Mets.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Taste, I PMd about fantasy football.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

EccoRaven posted:

keane is there a video or livestream? also perhaps the eggs and the eggsistential crisis were related? echos from the future.

You really left one on the table here here ecco.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Byers2142 posted:

Have you played much of 5e yet? I've been pleasantly surprised by how much I've enjoyed it.

I enjoyed my play of it, but explicitly not because of the system. I have a GM who rules on the side of having fun and people who I enjoy playing with. But I think the system is handicapping us more than helping us.
Also martials are nearly worthless, the best way to play a fight guy is not to take the fight guy class which is sad.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CapitalistPig posted:

BK, if the cleric is outdamaging everyone else in a 3.5 game someone is doing something wrong.

What? A battle cleric can dish out some serious hurt. Healing is something you do out of combat.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

My favorite part of 3.x was character creation. After that it was all down hill.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

My first game was a voodoofly game. It was a good game. It had a whole bunch of good player who don't play anymore in it I think. The only one still around is merk I think.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Quidnose posted:

Draft was fun, my team is gonna be awful~

Taste will be a policy vote for me for the forseeable future, he stole the Panther's D. I called dibs.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Put the crown upon our heads now. Chaos and I have this league in the bag. You guys let soo many guys fall to us.

6th pick of Bell was pretty great.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The first game I ever modded was The Brave Little Toaster Mafia. it was a whole bunch of fun and not terribly broken I think.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The favorite game I ever modded was The Magic Schoolbus Mini Mafia. I had fun writing the flavor for that one.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Kashuno posted:

I'd be much happier to go through 100 1 sentence posts to find a case than through 2 guys posting with 5-6 other players not saying a thing. Lurking sucks. Ecco's death wall was p cool

I find this one of the hardest things to break through. When 2 players engage in a deathroll and outpace everything else in the thread and derail everything back to their issue whatever it may be.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

TMMadman posted:

My ears are burning.

I think it depends the issue at hand. It's pretty hard to move from someone when you know they are lying about something.

I think more people need to swim in the too scummy to be scum ways. It's nice out here and there aren't many people around so it'd be nice to have company.

Yeah, you did this recently, but you are not the only one who has ever done it. Not by a long shot.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

busb posted:

Noice let's go out for balut

The crunch is the best part.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Magnus Gallant posted:

Check out what I found under the blower housing of a riding lawn mowers engine

Did you mean to post a picture or something or is this just click bait?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

I wish ill upon you today.

And good fortune the other 364 days of the year.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Little Mac posted:

I wore a pink shirt to work on Wednesday and people were like "I like your shirt" and when it was a white girl who said it I would say "On Wednesdays we wear pink" and none of them got it so I think I might work with some fake white girls.

Or maybe the movie is over a decade old?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CapitalistPig posted:

oh yeah this is also a good topic because secret santa is coming up, what is everyones absolute favorite candies?

Mine is a tie between jelly bellys and mike n ikes

Meat is a candy, right?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

TMMadman posted:

It doesn't work that. I was born on my mom's birthday and my dad claimed he planned it 9 months ahead of time but I know he's a liar!

Also my mom wouldn't let him put a bow on her stomach.

Your mom sounds p. lame.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

EccoRaven posted:

no this is also a bad ticket omg.

o'malley is not a good politician he does not deserve national office.

As a marylander, I am so anti O'Mally it isn't even funny. He's so gunning for a cabinet position, and I hope he fails miserably in all of his endeavors.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Little Mac posted:

I'm not as familiar with O'Malley. Why, in your eyes, is he terrible?

He brought Chicago style corruption to Maryland.

He got the state to buy 60 some thousand dollars worth of furniture for his governor's mansion and then when he was out of office, he turned around and purchased it from the state for less than 10k because every piece had been declared "junk:" by his administration.
He got several companies non-compete contracts with the state, as soon as he is out of office he gets cushy public speaking appearances with them for like 40k. Well more than the going rate for a governor public speaker.
He is well known for being an rear end in a top hat to everyone and generally just being a shady guy.
In very democratic Maryland, very republican Hogan came out to beat him handily after his second term. Because O'Malley was so terrible. If you want some numbers, he is polling at less than 4% in Maryland. Like no candidate does that poorly in their home state.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Little Mac posted:

That's a lot worse than "likes chicken." Thank you!

Also, he is a dick.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

BottleKnight posted:

I love chicken, hate Little Mac's mario levels, and also some opinion that antagonizes grandicap idk

I am antagonized, OH NOOOOOO.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Also, I miss the DJ room:(

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Amoeba102 posted:

The Narrator is actually Chandler from Friends.

Is winvirus back?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

This is incorrect.

It isn't a blind flip, because if the fair coin is tails side up you wouldn't grab it if you are trying to get a heads. So it is actually 95%.
If the coin is tails side up, you grab a doubleheaded one and get heads 100% if the time.
If the fair coin is heads side up, it is 90% of the time heads as before.
So together, 95%.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Meinberg posted:

Well, you know what? Let me tell the worst thing about MMM, aka Trip!

You see, he's

an unrepentant ichthyologist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Magnus Gallant posted:

What's the point of life? I have a hard time seeing any real point in anything.

What do you guys think? What's the meaning of life

Connections, bonds. With people with places, it doesn't matter. They are what you leave behind, they are what you take with you. They are your legacy.