Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
So, I love FFIX, your other LPs, and TWD's LP of this, and I'm going to follow this regardless, but I'm curious what you're planning to do to present a fresh take on the game. Mostly out of curiosity as I'll read it regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Bad Seafood posted:

Warburton is too obviously goofy IMO.

I feel like with Stewart, you'd have this almost dignified first impression before he devolves into his usual bumbling self. Which is great. Steiner isn't just some cantankerous oaf, he's a dude with aspirations and convictions about what a knight is supposed to be and how they're supposed to act. Every now and then he even manages to kick off the clown shoes and actually do something truly heroic. Stewart can be pretty funny when he's given the chance, but he's also got that imperial nobility about him which I think would fit Steiner to a T.

Stewart's stentorian voice wouldn't work for a buffoonish character like Steiner. Tim Allen is about how I thought of his voice.

Stewart would be much more likely to have done Big boss baddie in the thing.

Bad Seafood posted:

He'll have to play everyone now that Christopher Lee's dead.

:smith:

He actually did play everyone in a version of A Christmas Carol that he ran while working on Star Trek.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Fister Roboto posted:

My family and I had a chance to see this when were in London ages ago, but my parents wanted to see Cats instead :sigh:

What was it like disowning your parents?

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

I used to be super anal about trying to steal / draw / grind everything in every FF until I realized that I had significantly more fun and was much more likely to actually finish the game if I didn't do all that poo poo and just went with what I stumbled across plus reasonable side quests. If I get an itch to replay something that's when I go for more of the secrets. So much more enjoyable.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

gbuchold posted:

Really enjoying this LP. Keep up the great work!

Regarding FFX derail (as I've played through it several times recently, having worked on the PS3/Vita/PS4 rereleases):

You do not.

Yuna does nothing of the sort. She's clearly choosing to abandon the false hope of the Final Summoning to try to find a better way. The easy road is to give everyone that hope, and she makes the decision to permanently abandon that easy road and "live with [her] sorrow" by being possibly reviled for all time as the person who took away hope from Spira, because it's better to try and fail for something more. It's the same choice her father had, and she took the hard road instead of the easy road like him. And that's agency.

So maybe you can explain why they made half the models with hosed up creepy doll eyes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Zeikier posted:

The FF8 BradyGames guide is so good about its bestiary it's flabbergasting they're the same company that did the FF9 guide. I barely remember the FF7 guide besides spoiling every single major plot point and listing Aps' attacks as "Sewer, Tsunami Tail." Listing attacks was so needless and incomplete, it was clear when they realize ideas were half-assed but they desperately tried rolling with them.

Versus Books also did an FF7 guide, and while I never owned a physical copy it had some good stuff, like materia combinations and things like stacking Counter materia. Versus Books was a goddamn treasure and it's a shame the strategy guide era has ended. :allears:

e: assault of the sniped pages

No it hasn't, any game I'm willing to get the CE for I usually get the CE guide for too. They're much better AM quality than hey used to be, in general.

That scene is nuts, and that freeze frame rotation right at the end make me think someone in the design team was a big fan of the matrix, which came out a year before this

Good job on the LP mega, looking forward to whatever you do next and ofs' legs are always a nice addition!

• Locked thread