Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Never gave this game a second glance when it first came out, but drat it sounds pretty crazy, after reading this! Kinda tempting, really.. :D

As for what I've been playing over the weekend, it's just more of the same, really: DiRT Rally, as well as a little Crusader Kings 2 and Rainbow Six: Siege on the side. Haven't really played much this weekend though unfortunately, as one of my damned colleagues gave me their bad cold on Friday afternoon, so I've been sick all weekend :argh: (although not sick for long enough to avoid work..)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I played some R6:S (tried out Frost again for the first time in months, and 3/3 of my traps were triggered! Amazing round - didn't ace it, but put a LOT of damage on all enemies, surprisingly enough) earlier, as well as some board games with friends earlier. ("Betrayal at the House on the Hill", as well as the 1965 classic "Nuclear War", if anyone was interested. Good games!)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I've been at the clipsal 500 Thurs-Sun, however I've been playing Battle Brothers when I get home in the evenings. If you've got it but haven't played it recently, now is the time! Get the beta patch on Steam and give it a whirl; it's basically the finished product - and it's great!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

What in the hell is a Canette?

First time I've heard the name too, although I'm guessing it's one of the slim 'half the size, 3/4 of the price' versions of regular cans I've been seeing around.
Still a dumb name though - a can's a can!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I've been playing Ghost Recon Wildlands today. It's been quite a lot of fun I've found, sneaking around Bolivia, evading law enforcement, destroying factories and shooting people who may or may not be affiliated with the local cartel

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

NickRoweFillea posted:

Saw Logan last night, today is wrap up final fantasy xv day

I saw Logan last night, too - eh, wasn't too bad I guess. Other than that, I've just been playing more and more GR:W...and I'm currently hoping I don't just suddenly burn out on GR:W in the near future, after all these hours I've racked up! Very fun, but there's not a huge amount of variety. I need to play more coop.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I've been playing Race 07 with friends via LAN tonight, as well as a couple of boardgames. Specifically 'Betrayal at the House on the Hill', and a really old card-/boardgame called 'Nuclear War'. (which seems pretty appropriate for the current political climate, I suppose! Needless to say, nobody really won. Only 7mil people survived)

Tomorrow I'll be starting my Manchu game in EU4 though - should be good! (Unless 'neighbourhood bully' China curb-stomps me at the start, anyway)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I've been playing tidbits of Stellaris and Ghost Recon: Wildlands, but tonight I'll be having another games/LAN night - racing games and board games all night!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

IdealFlaws posted:

How is wildlands? Are u playing solo or online?

Solo mostly, but I've also played it with a friend a fair bit. I find it's quite enjoyable for both a loud/Rambo style as well as a stealthy playstyle - but there is a bit of jank with aircraft controls, which takes a little getting used to.
I like just cruising around doing secondary tasks (which isn't really something I do that often, in Ubi games) and messing around infiltrating cartel/unidad bases, and the like. The missions are quite good too, aside from maybe 1-2 that are a little tricky, solo. (Although I've heard that the DLC missions are garbage, so I'm glad I didn't get the season pass)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

and if you get home right on time?

Pablo Gigante posted:

Persona of War: Third Street Skyrims 5

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

ArfJason posted:

jesus christ the new stages in n++ are so good

Oh wow, I haven't played that game in ages! Must be what...10 years now? That's great if it's still being worked on! Has it changed much, since the original version?

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I've been playing a little bit of Stellaris and Rainbow Six: Siege tonight. The latter with a couple of friends - it's good to get back into the game again this week, after 1-2 months of not playing!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

No One Lives Forever

Hell yeah! I love the NOLF games - hopefully they eventually work out who owns it now, then release it on Steam. I'd love to be able to play NOLF2 again

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Sharkopath posted:

The stealth is really hard!! Its been a while since I've tried to do perfect stealth in a game though.

It does the thing where taking out cameras or lights raises the alarm and also puts enough people in your way that you have to kill them, so its a matter of picking the right place in time.

Yeah, NOLF1's "pure stealth" gameplay was so difficult, on some missions - way harder than NOLF2, that's for sure. (But then again, personally I did enjoy NOLF2 more overall) I did like the fact that if you shoot out cameras it raises the alarm, since in other games shooting cameras doesn't raise any eyebrows in the base's security team, which I always found odd.

Have you finished the game previously, by the way? That final cutscene is insane :D

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I've been playing some more R6: Siege with friends, as well as actually starting to get into Prison Architect, after buying (and briefly playing) the game during its alpha.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Rising Storm 2: Vietnam beta

Any good? Hopefully this will be more popular than RO2 was (in Australia at least), since I like their style of FPS. The killer for RO2 was the lack of players after the first couple of months, though.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

RO2 was so bad for like 3 years after launch

Speaking of which, does it take that full three-year period to actually unlock anything useful (like the bayonet) in RS2:V? I hope they ditched that - it was ridiculous how long it took to unlock that stuff in RO2.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I've just finished a boardgame binge, this weekend: Thursday night, Saturday evening+night and Sunday afternoon, jam-packed with various boardgames. Not a bad weekend, to say the least!

Aside from that, I played a bit of Max Payne 3 here and there, as recommended by some of you guys. It's pretty fun, albeit a touch saddening/depressing to see Max in such a sorry state, at the beginning.
Just went through the bus sequence and started the Panama flashback, where you find out that Passos is actually a huge dick - except Max was too drunk at the time, to realize.

EDIT:

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Didn't manage to finish Wildlands yesterday but I should be able to today. Halfway through the second-to-last province then I'll just have a few boss missions.

Nice, enjoy! I enjoyed Wildlands quite a bit, myself - even the smuggling missions people seem to hate. Hopefully you've gotten your money's worth out of it, too

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 22, 2017

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

name names. who recommended max payne 3?

Uh, just double-checked; frank.club and IdealFlaws. Why's that, do you think it wasn't good? Seems to remain true to MP2, from what I remember of it - nice action game. (A lot flies over Max's head though, although I suppose that's mostly attributed to all the alcohol and painkillers he consumes daily)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I've been playing Max Payne 3 a little bit, but haven't played much this weekend, so far. Mostly been out and about with the dog, to be honest

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Well, I suppose it's lucky that I was able to take a quick photo of him, then! It was taken during one of the brief moments he was unmoving, after rolling around on the grass like a lunatic - so it's not that great a photo; just one tired doggo, flopped on the ground:

And well, here's one that I took previously, which is probably a bit better:

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Pablo Gigante posted:

I won't be playing anything tonight but here's a picture of my dog dressed as a burger for Halloween last year

Amazing costume! I hope the li'l doggo got lots of treats! :D
(Pity you don't have a boxload of pet stick insects to dress up as fries, to go along with the burger!)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

hell yeah, enjoy. playing dirt rally causes incredible stress to my body but it's worth it

This! I need to get back into Dirt Rally - it's such a good rally sim. Nothing quite like pulling off a flawless stage, while going as fast as humanly possible (without dying)

Although my internet connection has been suffering still, unfortunately. Thankfully, some friends are coming over soon, and we'll be playing Battlefield 1942 (with the Forgotten Battles mod) and likely some boardgames.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

You must unify the iberian peninsula

...as the Republic of Gotland! (That actually wouldn't be too bad a challenge, now that I'm seriously thinking about it...hmm)

As for myself, seeing as my internet connection is finally up again, (I've had issues for the last five weeks...according to Steam I've played 0.8hrs total, in the last two weeks :negative:) I think I'll celebrate by playing some Rainbow Six: Siege with a friend of mine. It's been far, far too long since I've played that game. It's kinda depressing, in a way - since right before I had internet issues, he had issues for about four weeks, too! So neither of us have played much at all, for a couple of months. So good to be back up and running now, though.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I was playing Dishonored 2 (powerless no-kill ghost run as my first playthrough. Then I'll go through again with all the powers) and board games all weekend, so it wasn't too shabby for me.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

extremely steampunk posted:

playing a lot of Xenonauts lately. it's pretty much exactly what i wanted from an original X-COM remake

Hell yeah! Xenonauts is great; I'm glad that I Kickstarted that game. (Only thing I actually HAVE Kickstarted, now that I think about it...) It COULD use a little improvement in one or two areas I feel, however I believe those minor flaws are due the the engine they were stuck with. Overall, it's a solid improvement over the original, without sacrificing the original's difficulty - exactly what I wanted.

Hope you have a successful campaign! Your post reminds me that I need to get back into the game again too, actually...maybe once I've beaten my new games from the sale.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Just finished the Royal Conservatory mission in Dishonored 2 today. I think it's probably my favourite mission in the whole game, thus far. Very satisfying to sneak through (or above!) the streets of Karnaca in the evening, slipping by armed thugs from various factions.
Speaking of which, I knocked-out and dumped a pair of elite guardsmen into a dumpster with a couple of witches. I kinda wish I could be there in an hour or so, when they wake up and realize who's sitting opposite them! :D (You're just not playing stealth games right, unless you're dragging unconscious enemies into awkward situations! Like trapping them -preferably naked- on a roof, or putting a couple of people who are hostile to one anther in an embrace/hug on a bed, or whatever)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Oh drat! I didn't realize they'd gotten so far into Xenonauts 2! After seeing this, I read their site and apparently they'll be doing another Kickstarter for it, later this year. After how the first one turned out, and after seeing the improvements they're making for the sequel (or remake, I guess?), I might have to back this one, too!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Major Isoor posted:

Just finished the Royal Conservatory mission in Dishonored 2 today. I think it's probably my favourite mission in the whole game, thus far. Very satisfying to sneak through (or above!) the streets of Karnaca in the evening, slipping by armed thugs from various factions.
Speaking of which, I knocked-out and dumped a pair of elite guardsmen into a dumpster with a couple of witches. I kinda wish I could be there in an hour or so, when they wake up and realize who's sitting opposite them! :D (You're just not playing stealth games right, unless you're dragging unconscious enemies into awkward situations! Like trapping them -preferably naked- on a roof, or putting a couple of people who are hostile to one anther in an embrace/hug on a bed, or whatever)

I stand corrected! Just finished the Dust District+Manor mission(s) and wow. They just went to SO much detail with this mission. The biggest 'WOAH!' :aaaaa: moment for me was when I knocked Stilton out, to see if he would survive the night without going insane. Not only did he survive, his manor was in fantastic condition (I would've expected it to be a copy+paste of the 'past' timeline manor, but they actually improved it quite a bit, as though it went through renovations, which was a nice touch) and the whole district was very well-off, due to his good leadership...but then I saw that Megan had her arm+eye back! That was quite the surprise - although I suppose it does make sense, since as Stilton didn't lock himself away due to insanity, Megan didn't feel the need to fight through his guards to find out what happened to him. (I guess this must also be the 'canon' outcome, after seeing that her face in the DLC's art isn't horribly scarred)

They really put lot of effort into this sequel; I thought it would just be more of the same (which is what I wanted), but it's great - I'm quite impressed with how well they've designed the missions in D2.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

P-Mack posted:

It's Thursday.

Yeah, I know, I know - it was against the sacred Friday Thread Code, but I couldn't resist as it was only a few measly hours away from being Friday for me, at that point! (haha besides, as Evil Eagle said, I don't have anywhere to post about my weekday gaming anymore! :D )

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Played even more Dishonored 2 on Friday night. Today I'll be playing Wargame: Red Dragon with a friend via LAN, though - followed by a boardgame night with somr other friends. Then on Sunday afternoon I'll likely be playing boardgames again, with a different group.
It's definitely going to be quite busy this weekend, but in a good way!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Squeezy Farm posted:

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Nice! Which one are you going through, at the moment?

As for me, last night I played Space Hulk (board game, not the PC version) and Dominion, with some friends. I'll probably end up playing more Dishonored 2 over the rest of the weekend.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
I'm still at work sadly, but when I get back I think I'll make a start on AC4: Black Flag, before playing some Race 07 and Dominion (the card game) with friends when they come over, in the evening. Should be good!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Slightly late, but I've been boardgaming (Catan, mostly), as well as playing Rainbow Six: Siege (as usual) and Stellaris over the weekend.
Started a new game in Stellaris too, so I know what's gonna be keeping me busy all week, after work!

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Played some more R6 Siege on Friday night, with friends. (Even got an insane four-kill streak, in mere seconds! At least one with every weapon I had, too. Crazy) Not sure what I'll be doing today, but probably more R6 again, at some stage.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

GorfZaplen posted:

Played Saboteur and Terra Mystica while eating cake on my birthday

Happy birthday!

On my weekend, I played yet more Rainbow Six: Siege (finally got an ace, and killed all five enemies! :toot:) as well as a lot of rounds of the Dominion card game

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Control Volume posted:

I havent been able to game in two weeks, but tomorrow has so many possibilities

Oh yeah, I know that feeling, that's for sure! Always good, when you know your 'gaming drought' is almost over. Have fun!

In the meantime, I'll be sleeving more cards for Dominion, as the expansion I ordered is arriving today. (300 of them...urgh! Gotta be done, though) Aside from that, I'll probably play some more Rainbow Six with friends, which is always good fun.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Oh wow, this weekend I ended up playing Red Orchestra 2/Rising Storm with some friends for the first time in like, five years (I also apparently own RS, although I don't recall ever getting it), and it was amazing! Not sure why I ever stopped playing. So tense, sprinting through the bush while getting shot at, and managing to get some hip-fire/Rambo kills, and capture a point as the last surviving member of your squad.

Wasn't a great start though, as we played on some foggy pacific map first round. I think I killed nearly the same amount of friendlies as I killed enemies, (they all look the same, dammit! Especially when they're looming out of the fog) but I still managed to be the most effective (and traitorous...) player on our team, after we held off wave after wave of Japanese soldiers. I think my recklessness managed to put me in a really good position, compared to all the conservative human and AI players. :D Since I just jumped over barricades, gunned down some enemies, then pushed forward to some new cover, then rinse and repeat. Somehow only died twice, (once from my friend mortaring me -which is fair enough, as I accidentally shot him earlier- and the second time I was shot in the head by a sniper, right at the end) although I ran out of ammo a fair bit, and needed to pick up fallen hostiles' guns.

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Aug 14, 2017

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Control Volume posted:

Spent the weekend playing Path of Exile and an online version of Dominion

Oh nice, I really should play Dominion online. I've been really into it, the last few months - I've already got the base game (second edition) and four expansions, heh.
Does the online version have all the updated cards, etc. from the second edition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Didn't actually game all that much this weekend, really. When I did though, it was Red Orchestra 2 and Rainbow Six: Siege. Managed to win in some pretty good forefights, including managing to pick off a tank crewman or two in RO2