Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

codenameFANGIO posted:

This village of unreasonably difficult fish people seems like a terrible reward for winning that battle

i love that area. it just gets grosser, and more dilapidated as you get further and further into the insane history of yarnham until you face one of the best bosses in the whole series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i have work to do today, but i'd really like to stay in and game...

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

I gave it two tries solo last night, got it down to 1/3 then rolled straight into an ice geyser thing. Are NPC summons competent?

same. singlehandedly rolling Rom while your host runs around in terror not doing anything is a wonderful feeling.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dutchy posted:

Monster Hunter + Rocket League + Chess Ultra

I hate it but one day my friend and I played it like all day building a super team for some reason, and then I had a seizure and thats how i got diagnosed with epilepsy

oh, huh

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
just drank some coffee and now i'm going to play goemon's great adventure

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

corn in the bible posted:

Revisiting a game I played many years ago:

i've only ever watched footage of that game. it seems cool, but i wish it was all investigation with no combat.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's cool that york can turn into a total hobo w/ flies around him and poo poo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

trying to jack off posted:

*reading a headline titled "Custom DOOM wad used by school shooter to plan attack, 69 dead"* time to see whats new on doomworld.com

hahaha

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
been playing puyo

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
puyo is loving hard and i suck at it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i wish the greatsword didn't completely suck, because it looks cool

Heavy Hands posted:

My Time at Portia maybe? it's still pretty early access, but there's quite a lot to do already

i bit on this despite being EA and it's pretty decent, but also buggy and rough. like none of the enemies have sound effects, and half the cutscenes are unvoiced. there is a pretty satisfying stardew sort of loop to it, though.

edit: i got like 20 enjoyable hours out of it over a few weeks, but if you're looking for farming, then that's barely an aspect of it. it's more about setting up a machine shop.

sector_corrector fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Mar 10, 2018

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's hosed up that people are letting yobgoblin's obvious alt account post here

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hmmm, ok. well close enough to be functionally the same, and well worth banning.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
continuing my quest to become a powerful dark souls mage

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
had a pretty fun day, took a good nap, and now i'm sitting down for some coffee and dark souls

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rushi posted:

everyone says fallout new vegas is cool and fun but are they telling the....truth!?!?

the combat gets a little bit better when you start getting cool perks, almost to the point where it's fun as a shooter. the really cool stuff is the obsidian writing and quest design. if you don't like it by the time you get to vegas, then you probably never will, though.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the main things for me are that there are like 100 different guns that all play slightly differently, and then most guns also have like 2 or 3 mods. you can craft ammo, so most gun types can turn into ridiculous mini rocket launchers. damage threshold is way cooler than straight armor, and it means that for some enemies you have to change your approach to get past their defenses, while others have huge health pools but you can insta-crit them with the right tool. the guns have decent sound design, so firing them is rewarding. there are a good number of unique weapons that all have their own gimmicky modifier. most play styles have a set of perks that distinguish one set of weapons from another (like the plasma perk where you can liquify one enemy in the center of a pack and trigger a AOE explosion) which gives you something to level for other than +%damage.

all of that is cool, but it doesn't really change the buggy, floaty gamebryo combat. but if you have to shoot guns in gamebryo it does give you some neat options.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i never really bothered with Mog when i played because you get him late, and younger me thought that dancing was stupid. is he a good character?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Spoderman posted:

Going to play BOTW for the first time

i'm jealous. it's great.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've never really been able to have fun in a GTA style game aside from rear end in a top hat mode stuff like driving around a city stealing cars and fighting the police. the missions are always very boring to me.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol at the last page

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
a GTA style game where you don't do any crime stuff at all and just hang out in a big fully modeled city would be kind of cool, but probably only in concept and not in execution

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
charles manson game reviews:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
minit was really fun

even though it's way too short for 10 dollars, it's still a very good game

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the backstep to heavy attack of the whirligig is loving amazing

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
stardew valley was the first farm sim i ever played, and i haven't found anything that really comes close since.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
builders is really fun. i think it's my favorite game in that genre.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i do wish that they gave you a better way to share creations, though. i made a pretty cool little mountain town and then it was like "well, i guess nobody will ever see it."

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
whenever i get back home i'll probably play some DS3. i've only got royal archives, the second half of ringed city, and the final boss to go.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i need a new game to play, but nothing on steam seems that appealing. i'd probably try spy party if it was 10 dollars instead of 25.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hat in Time is good, right?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hat in time is great

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Driving down to Maryland for a wedding. I’ve got my DS Lite with flash carts, probably gonna hit up some Castlevania and Final Fantasy action

what part?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
hat in time is very good. reminds me of psychonauts.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i need something to play on my lovely work laptop while i'm traveling for a week

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

playing Eastern Sun again would be fun if I hadn't previously sunk thousands of hours into that game and the thought of playing it any more makes me feel sort of ill

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

corn in the bible posted:

Play some shmups?

hmm, not really my favorite genre... maybe i'll give nuclear throne another shot.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think i might try and play through all of shovel knight after i beat BOTW's DLC

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
oh yeah, bloodstained too... hmm

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

the Wii-U doesn't do achievements, but i might be close. the grass around hateno is a good source of rice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

That's from Hyrule Warriors

ah,