Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Is this this forums yospos Steve jobs moment...only time will tell. For now let's all feign sadness that the yellow man who made our videogames died.

o_O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

01011001 posted:

always choose fast text speed for every game that asks

*mind gets blown to pieces*

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i always choose the fastest text speed.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

even tho i fuckin glove the games that iwata was a part of helping make, i cant feel any emotions in regards to the death of people who ive never even met or even my friends and family since death is a necessary part of every beings lifeand u cant let that get u down and no matter what accomplishments u achieve in life will never be enough to stop your own inevitable death as well, sorry to bring down the thread

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Katana_Warrior posted:

even tho i fuckin glove the games that iwata was a part of helping make, i cant feel any emotions in regards to the death of people who ive never even met or even my friends and family since death is a necessary part of every beings lifeand u cant let that get u down and no matter what accomplishments u achieve in life will never be enough to stop your own inevitable death as well, sorry to bring down the thread

Your rear end is grass and it shall be mowed soon you little punk rear end bitch.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

i have another excuse to play earthbound again. gonna grab a beer and do just that once I get off work. :cheers:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Katana_Warrior posted:

you are such a loving loser

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Heard some bad muthafukka in here plays RPGs with fast text speed.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

I played DQVI on max text speed :cool:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

You heard right.

Dec 26, 2012

rediscover posted:

You heard right.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

hubris.height posted:

yeah, always pick fast.

also you get punished in some of the later fights when they do the rolling hp numbers thing if your text speed isn't on high.

coolest part of that game is poo's entire little hamlet

the whole meditation sequence is beyond loving creepy

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Itoi's response is :smith: as hell, dude can just write the saddest stuff

quote:

"No matter the farewell, I think the most appropriate thing to say is, 'We'll meet again.' We are friends so we'll see each other again. There is nothing strange about saying it. Yeah, we'll meet again. Even if you didn't have the chance to put into words how sudden it was going to be, how far you'd be traveling, or how you went much earlier than expected, I know you went wearing your best. You always put yourself second to others no matter what, helping anyone who needed it whenever they needed it. You were that kind of friend. Although you may have been a little selfish for the first time ever by taking this journey.

The truth is, though, that I still don't believe any of it. I feel like I am going to receive a message from you inviting me out to eat at any moment. I wouldn't mind if you were to ask me like always if I had some free time. If you did, I'd ask you as well. Still, "we'll meet again." It would be great to hear from you whenever and wherever; I'll being calling to you too. I'll call if I have something to discuss or I want to tell you a great new idea I've had. We'll meet again. Then again, you're here with me now."

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

Ah yes, LF, the forum which loved Nintendo most of all.

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

rediscover posted:

you are such a loving loser

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fabricated posted:

couldn't imagine losing one of my gaming bros

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

frank.club posted:

couldn't imagine losing one of my gaming bros

It's hell. A few of my gaming bros are married or have kids.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Fabricated posted:

drat.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

In Training posted:

I like the music and writing and I enjoy archaic turn based JRPGs but good lord the text speed is so slow. I chose medium speed at the start and haven't seen a way to change it.

Fungah! posted:

i'm like 80% sure there's an option to change it somewhere but idk where. maybe there isn't

Call your dad, save your game, reset, go to the save on the file select menu, I think you can change it there.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Ciaphas posted:

the whole meditation sequence is beyond loving creepy

hell yeah that part is amazing. childhoods everywhere were haunted by that disembodied rear end in a top hat.

poo just calls some stranger's dad on the phone parrot iirc, and then goes to get rended limb from limb by a ghost while he mediates.

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

In Training posted:

I like the music and writing and I enjoy archaic turn based JRPGs but good lord the text speed is so slow. I chose medium speed at the start and haven't seen a way to change it.

You can change it by picking Set Up on the file select screen

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thanks all, I'm going to change it to Fast if I play again tonight.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Choose window flavor wisely.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

And when it asks for your favorite thing, choose "Gaming" in tribute to Mr. Iwata.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

My loadout is Banana tiles, Pizza and Games

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

In Training posted:

hell yeah

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
additional statement from Itoi:

quote:

For a while, one of my wishes have been to be a "person whose funeral is lively". It doesn't matter if you are awarded Nobel Prize or won a gold medal. You don't need to be someone grand.

People fighting over turns to actively talk about the deceased. Small episodes, some mischieves you've done together, some stupid habits, mistakes made, small adventures you had, songs you sang in Karaoke, food you've eaten together, and places you've visited. I would love a funeral with such never-ending fond memories. For sometime, even now, I have been wanting to live as a person whose funeral would just be one of these.

I've had such talks with Iwata-san on many occasions, and together with Miyamoto-san and secretary W-san, we had talked about late Yamauchi-san. We have spent time in hot spa talking about him, a time where we were filled with both happiness and sadness at the same time. Leaving your name in history is just a small bonus. It's far more important to your life to have left all the fond memories and lasting impressions.

In reality, the funeral for a public person isn't a place for such common person, so it will have to be held in a separate venue. But, in such a wonderful place, I'm saddened that Iwata-san won't be able to attend.

A gathering to talk about not grand nor great, but a "good man", praising, teasing, and cherishing their memories.

Currently, I'm doing it alone. My wife who has frequently went to lunch together would join me sometimes, but I still feel lonely. Iwata-san was suppose to be attending my funeral.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fabricated posted:

:smith:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
man that's rough

Dec 26, 2012

Fabricated posted:

dang

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Fabricated posted:

:(

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
:(

Although I have to say Itoi is a really, really, scarily good writer. Even in translation his genius shines through.

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

In Training posted:

Pro strats.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

My current run is Banana, Bacon, and SNES. Currently stuck on Stonehenge trying to get the drat Sword of Kings to drop. :argh:

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Jul 15, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

why do you people do that to yourselves just starstorm everything jeez

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

why do you people do that to yourselves just starstorm everything jeez

The man wants his Sword of Kings

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

look even frameskip buttons can only help so much

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

look even frameskip buttons can only help so much

I'm playing on an actual SNES. :v:

I guess it's debatable if the sword is worth the trouble. I just use the sword hunt as an excuse to powerlevel since it's easy to do so there.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Fabricated posted:

That last line stings hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I got two swords of kings the last time I played just walking through and fighting stuff normally (it actually sucks because you can't sell or throwaway the second one, so it's one more thing for Tracy, lol), but then I chose to grind dinosaurs for the other dumb useless stuff because I'm that kinda guy. I did use frameskipping though.

• Locked thread