Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

do you actually have a list of your favorite apple ads

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

uncurable mlady posted:

does that even work on ios

it has a perfectly functional app, chromecast support included

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

PleasureKevin posted:

actually it looks like there will be an iPad mini and Pro, but no iPad Original Flavour

the new iPads will also have the unibody, rounded shape of the iPhone 6

will they have the unsightly camera wart of the iphone 6 as well?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

PleasureKevin posted:

lol just lol if you ever wash your jeans

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

:m10:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

just use google music. the only real complaints i have is it doesnt have a recently played list and the feeling of impending crapification and eventual discontinuation because lol google

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ruby idiot railed posted:

doesn't it? it lists my recent playlists and albums

but apple music hosed me there too, itunes redownloaded a bunch of tracks and google music updater uploaded them all and now I have a poo poo-ton of duplicate tracks on google music so thanks apple for making some other service unusable to make yours seem less relatively bad

yeah it has that but i just want a straight up list of recently played tracks. sometimes youre driving and hear a song on a radio station but you dont get to thumbs up it and then you forget until later and you cant find it again

oh yeah your anecdote reminded me another thing that would be nice is a "do not include my library" switch since i pay for all access. i hate seeing all that poor quality album art from uploaded music now

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

did they fix third party keyboars yet?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Ludwig van Halen posted:

if by fix you mean remotely detonating you're phone then yes

guess what, the ios keyboard sucks rear end and apple should fully support the third party keyboard feature they added instead of trying to make the experience so bad their default keyboard looks good by comparison

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ruby idiot railed posted:

this is actually their strategy with everything

with itunes match they duped my music tracks in such a way that google music uploaded them as new tracks, and now I've got a bunch of duplicate albums in my google poo poo taking up storage

its not a great solution but you can wipe your google music library and reupload once things settle down in itunes land

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

they always drowned themselves at the beginning of the sorrow fight, otherwise theyd know why pressure sensitive buttons are a bad idea

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Puppy Galaxy posted:

so i was gonna sell my 16gb 5 on ebay but i just got an offer from verizon to "recycle" for a $200 acct credit. my 5 is in decent shape but it's a refurb from asurion, has a couple small scratches and there's some purple blotch on the camera that i can't get rid of. looks like 5's are going for a little under $200 new on ebay. should i do the verizon thing ???????????

instead of giving verizon loving anything donate your old phone to a womens shelter and go on with your life

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ios9 made my 5s freaking slow as h*ck, it sucks

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

your animations dont get stuck halfway now? when you swipe on a messenger notification and use your thumbprint to unlock it doesnt get stuck halfway between the lockscreen and numpad? your homescreens dont get stuck half an icon into the next screen, disabling all attempts to select an app? the new old search screen doesnt take forever to populate with news and all that poo poo before you can actually search with it? im jealous of your functional phone

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

nothing like that on my 5s. if you haven't already i'd consider doing a full-rear end factory reset. can't make things any worse by the sound of it

yeah, i think i'll give that a try

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I can't wait for my phone to be even thinner for reasons

so you can buy two of them and carry them around in one pocket

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

*looks smugly at prole Creative Zen mp3 player* i currently have 50 3rd gen ipods shuffle in my pocket. unparalleled smallness

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Enderzero posted:

cool, that link worked. kinda disappointed 3d-touch isn't in the update though

touch to tweet. touch hard to tweet... harder

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

As a Millennial I posted:

what's good about tweetbot 4. sell me on it.

nothing, you cant do hard touches

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Silver Alicorn posted:

why does the awful app crash when I hit reply

it's been happening to me a lot too

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

do you use a custom keyboard?

yeah I do actually

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

custom keyboards crash steam as well. good job apple, breaking a feature android has had working for years. christ I hate the ios keyboars

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Dodoman posted:

Oh Lord smythe I call upon thee to smite the infidel cremnob for 6 hours

:pray:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Smythe posted:

tmobile ftw

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

more everything loyal is your service plan (which i guess they no longer offer to new customers). edge is/was (they don't seem to call it that anymore) the device installment plan. but sorry you're incapable of doing basic research since it's right on their website, even for non customers:

lmao. this will show up as a $40 charge with $25 credit. don't ask why it can't show up as a $15 charge, it just cant.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

ios 9.1 did not improve 3rd party keyboard performance. actually it seems a little worse than ios8 now. don't know why this is so hard when my nexus 4 did great with 3rd party keyboard years ago

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

sund posted:

3rd party means not made by apple

oh word?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

apple. i remember back in the day blackberry let you could customize every alert for every app individually. i dont really know what would be lost by letting apps have default alerts but also allowing customization in settings

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

i dont have sound customization settings for a single non-apple app in the system settings. does apple expose that functionality to 3rd party developers?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

from a couple pages back but if you use gmail the inbox app has swipe to snooze function

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Endless Mike posted:

the apple tv remote works so well that if i leave it on top of the coffee table, i come home to find shadow stepped on it and turned on my atv, sony tv, and onkyo receiver on the correct input.

yeah, i might be one of those four people who hdmi-cec works for.

this reminds me of the time my sister messaged me in a panic because her cat locked her out of her iphone by activating the fingerprint reader too many times

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Shaggar posted:

"we made the case bendy so it would always fit w/ the phone"

lmao

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

why is the ios app store so bad. i did a search, left the app, came back 10 minutes later and the search results were all cleared and it doesnt have a history of what you searched for

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

PleasureKevin posted:

this apple pay business is hosed. like accepting apple pay doesn't mean you can't have a competing pay-by-smartphone tech at the same time. it doesn't cost them anything to take  Pay vs. a credit card.

and canada still just has american express supporting apple pay? god drat.

they see apple pay as an inflection point just before the majority of people convert to paying for things via phone and want to lock people into their system. but when their system is years late and less convenient the only thing they can do to make it attractive is make it the only choice

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Mulva posted:

No one wants to lose that sweet customer data that is keeping them afloat, since apparently selling things for money is no longer a viable business strategy.

the apple pay thing is about tangible millions and millions of dollars in credit card fees. stores have plenty of other ways to track your buying habits

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

MrMoo posted:

Music through Bluetooth is fine, direction on Waze or any other map service is impressively terrible for many car manufacturers. Jeep/Chrysler turn map announcements into a phone call with leading and trailing sounds, amazing stupid and loses part of the message. On some forums someone found that Bluetooth has separate audio and voice configuration but the systems has to be reconfigured every time you turn on the car. Awesome sauce.

If yo ubuy a Chrysler you should be drat thankful for any part of it that works

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

the faithful apple customer will soon end up with apple watches all the way up his arm like a cartoon counterfeiter

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

why does everyone hate f.lux so much around here?

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

uh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

the nexus 4 was the only good android

• Locked thread