Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
quick reminder that the ipad maxi has been confirmed and the apple watch is already being declared a flop, even and especially by apple's standards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cremnob posted:

stage is being set for nilay to try and come up with reasons that the iphone 6s is only a 7/10 in september

https://twitter.com/reckless/status/623002630793625600

i'm not sure why he'd pan an android phone, it sounds like he's a fan

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i'd settle for apple products with pre-2012 apple quality levels

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ipad still continues to decline

canary starting to twitch on the bottom of the cage

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Tusen Takk posted:

they used to use canaries to make sure there wasnt poison gas in mines

when the canary dies you gtfo

he's comparing cremnobs posting to poison/wanting the thread to be gassed

close

i'm saying that the slow demise of ipad is the first signs of apple's degeneration

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stux posted:

there r literlly 0 facts in the article u just linked

quick reminder that all apple rumors are now correct because tim doesn't care about secrecy

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
can't wait to see the new keyboard with kickstandangular support that will be available for the ipad maxi

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Triglav posted:

think i'd rather go back to feature phones than use android

same which is why i'm going back to a good flip phone when my 4s dies for good

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
finally met someone who has an apple watch and unsurprisingly they were eager to show it off

i don't understand how something so big and clunky can also require so much squinting at teeny, blurry text

also the interface was hot garbage, as expected

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
lifehack: don't buy an iwatch

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fabricated posted:

apple's continued slide is gonna own

no it's not going to own

apple's board needs to wise up and kick tim and johnny ives to the curb and get things back on the straight and narrow

pare back the phone skus to two (same model, two different colors, at a sensible size), crash the ipad maxi and the ipad mini and salvage the brand, and issue a deeply remorseful mea culpa for the iwatch and move on

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
at this point it's looking like the ipad mini will be discontinued as it will share the same form factor with the iphone 6s/7 and the ipad maxi will be the new base ipad form factor

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
protip: wear clean garments to reduce smell and skin irritation

those around you will thank you and you will be much more comfortable

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Binary Badger posted:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/08/31/apple-ceo-tim-cook-makes-surprise-appearance-at-ciscos-annual-sales-conference

Soon even network dweebs in lovely IT depts will no longer be able to say 'Cant fix your iPhone/iPad/iOS connection Cisco no support Macs heeheehee'

tim is just looking to shave dollars by not having to pay cisco for rights to the name "iphone"

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i forgot that tim started involving celebrity guests in his product announcements because he's such a starfucker and he winds up making the presentation look like a samsung roll-out

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PleasureKevin posted:

/r/pcmasterrace is now fawning over Ouya-tier, ARM-based consoles now that the  TV is out (as long as it's not the  TV) proving again they're just butt hurt that apple won

https://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/3kit8c/nvidias_response_to_apple_tv_gaming_xpost_from/

oh word

what else is going on at reddit

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

who knew that adding right click would require doubling the ram

it is one more click after all, i suppose

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

theflyingexecutive posted:

reminder: I'm upgrading from this:

to a 6s

it's unfortunate you missed the window when apple phones were actually good, but you won't know any better

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pram posted:

gross

i dont use a case. its what steve intended

we're so far removed from what steve intended at this point that putting a case on the phone is an improvement aesthetically and functionally

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
also quick reminder: the iphone 6/6+ bends with normal use and there's no reason to expect the 6s/6s+ will do otherwise

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Penguissimo posted:

in the specific case of apple these days it's because he's been prophetically correct in almost every case

a modern-day cassandra, if you will

yeah, but this time around tim and co. really upped the stupid ante

i knew the ipad maxi was coming, i didn't know it would ultimately be part of the apple surface

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stux posted:

normal ususe: keeping pheone in abckpockejt like some typ eof idiot dog and sititng on a corner withth it. grabbing phone by endns and forcibily bending it. throwing pehon against a rokc until it is bent.

yes, carrying it in a pocket would qualify as "normal use" and should not result in bending

funny how no other model of iphone did that prior to the iphone 6

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

trilljester posted:

I thought that it was because of the lovely hipsters and their tight skinny jeans and putting the phone in the back pocket.

no it was because of the poor design

folks didn't just miraculously start putting it in the wrong pocket, they put in the pocket they always did and the lovely design meant they bent with normal use

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Triglav posted:

the 4 and 5 also bent just no youtubers made videos about it

which is to say there's no proof that they did

thanks for knuckling under mid-post

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lol look reeeeeal close at most of those pics and see if you can find the surprise! (hint: they're iphones 6)

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
if any contradictory evidence is produced at all because so far all the evidence points to iphone 6 bending with normal use

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
to be fair what more needs to be said about ios 9 other than "it's real real bad and a terrible mistake"?

bloviating for 50k words won't change how bad ios 9 is

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
wait you have to buy the ad blocker??

lol forever

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

PleasureKevin posted:

how is this update going so poorly compared to last year

like wouldn't their CDN improve not get worse

or are a lot more people downloading it

everything about apple is slowly getting worse

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
it's still mega lol that people are charging for ad blockers

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

BONGHITZ posted:

are there no free Adblockers?

nope lol

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i got a look today at a phone with ios 9 and couldn't stop laughing when i saw they replaced the system fonts with comic sans

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
comic sans is a perfect font for a clown os like ios 9

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ludwig van Halen posted:

I can't even tell the difference, nerds

look closely

it literally is the same as comic sans

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
does watchos 2 ship with a use case for the iwatch?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i don't remember jailbreaking my iphones because they were perfectly functional

it is unfortunate to see that apple is deciding to bolt on useless features that are popular with people who think jailbreaking is a good idea

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
the answer is that they're a rudderless shadow of their former selves desperately flinging whatever "features" they can at the wall to see what the market best responds to rather than crafting a quality product

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stux posted:

my iphoen6 is the bes t phoen iv eever owned an dbetter than anyn old iphoens or android failphones. ssorrry for uyour lots

you must not have had an iphone 4s with ios 5 which is the best phone and will remain so for the forseeable future

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cremnob posted:

they're dominating cause they make the best products

they're dominating because tim is more committed to triangulation and compromise than steve was

steve made quality products and success followed naturally, but not the unsustainable level of profit that tim is seeking

there is no debate that if someone came to steve with a phone design that had a huge, ugly camera wart on the back and tried to justify it with "well, people want better cameras!" that steve would have fired them on the spot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Stux posted:

no i did. iti wans nto as good as my iphoen 5 or this bespokek iphone 6 with ios9.

i assure that it very much is

• Locked thread