Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

neonbregna posted:

timb just buy tesla

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

triple sulk posted:

yo someone fix apple music. what a piece of poo poo. cant even stream the new wilco album straight to my sennheiser hd598s.

i was just streaming that yesterday

so good :3:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i'm sure the prophets of the old testament were pretty annoying to certain groups of people

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Pissflaps posted:

what does this mean

they used to use canaries to make sure there wasnt poison gas in mines

when the canary dies you gtfo

he's comparing cremnobs posting to poison/wanting the thread to be gassed

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

also if nilay dropped dead the world would be much better off

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Valeyard posted:

apple, not cremnob

w/e either way how does someone not get a canary reference in tyool 2015

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

triple sulk posted:

I am careful in how I use the Internet.

I generally do not connect to web sites from my own machine, aside from a few sites I have some special relationship with. I usually fetch web pages from other sites by sending mail to a program (see git://git.gnu.org/womb/hacks.git) that fetches them, much like wget, and then mails them back to me. Then I look at them using a web browser, unless it is easy to see the text in the HTML page directly. I usually try lynx first, then a graphical browser if the page needs it (using konqueror, which won't fetch from other sites in such a situation).

unironically same

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

when i used adblock on iOS it doubled my data usage because of the way it processes webpages or something stupid

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

DaNzA posted:

lol apple siding with the terrorists

https://www.apple.com/customer-letter/

gently caress the police

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The Merkinman posted:

That's a joke right?

No one ever used "bespoke" unironically.

have you been outside of the us at all

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

what, the wealthiest company in the world using its influence and power to at least momentarily give governments of the world the middle finger?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

a guy came into the store once and it was locked for the next 500 hours

that's my apple encryption story thanks for reading

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

uncurable mlady posted:

I've never hosed up that many times on pin entry, so idk. I remember with blackberries you could reboot the phone when you were on your 9th password attempt and it would give you a new set. does the apple delay not go away ever until you wipe?

correct, it still keeps track

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the iPad pro is extremely popular and is also extremely good

the amount of businesses buying the drat thing is ridiculous

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

PleasureKevin posted:

breaking: analyst (!!!!!!) predicts iPhone will drop 16GB base model

http://9to5mac.com/2016/05/30/analyst-claims-next-gen-iphone-7-to-feature-32-gb-base-storage-and-up-finally-dropping-16-gb-models/

the guy designing their Zen CPU architecture also did the Athlon 64, A4 and A5. so that's promising.

praise the lord (ptl)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Citizen Tayne posted:

it's actually the only good linux

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

did anyone notice that screen replacements with AppleCare+ are now $29 or is that old news

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

echinopsis posted:

my iPhone wants to upgrade to 9.3.5

you have to install that before 10

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

zen death robot posted:

it's the future and we're all just getting old

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the new macbooks are v nice

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

the lack of the glowing white apple on the front is v sad though. understandable since now it can be thinner

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

THC posted:

I can't find the 13" MacBook Pro non-retina with SuperDrive and 5400rpm anymore :rip:

that got pulled before I left in september

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

It's a neat idea but mapping your fn and esc keys to the touchbar is really dumb and bad and seriously screws the people who use mac for development

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i wonder if the value of my late 2013 rMBP went up after the announcement lol

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I loving hate how in iOS 11 when you swipe down it just shows your lock screen instead of the notification thingo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

so are they scrapping touch id, the best security on a mobile device, for faceid? or will it be like those early patents suggested where it'll be able to read your fingerprint anywhere on the screen

i'm going to be super disappointed if they got rid of touch id

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

I hate this so loving much

https://www.wired.com/story/the-a-song

For me it's Episode 666 from Whoracle by In Flames

EVERY loving TIME WHY, I HAVE A BUNCH OF OTHER SONGS LOCALLY DOWNLOADED IT DIDNT USE TO HAPPEN gently caress YOU APPLE

that's a wicked good song tho

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

i'm still going to be mad if they dont have touch id built into the display

i remember seeing a patent filing for apple tech that would allow the user to use their fingerprint anywhere on the screen and if i have to use lovely faceid instead imma be real sad

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Apple Pay is great now that Americans have made using a chip card somehow worse than any other method of payment

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Chip and pin in the first world: cool and good
Chip and pin in the US: a garbage fire that now uses a chip instead of a swipe, but no pin and they still have the swipey bit for some reason

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

chip+signature is fine

what is the point of having a pin then

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

i use apple pay wherever available, but that's mostly the grocery store and the rare occasion i go to best buy. plus an app here and there. never used it on a website, but i don't use safari on my mac, and p much never do shopping on my phone browser

it's cool + good

my utilities + internet + mobile bill can all be payed using Apple Pay through their app or website and it owns owns owns

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

infernal machines posted:

:siren:rear touch id confirmed:siren:

ok on the Apple is pretty neato

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BONGHITZ posted:

i couldnt imagine going to disney more than once or twice in your lifetime. (once as a child, second time with child)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

this guy gets way more pussy than all of u

• Locked thread