Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

the apple iwatch is fail as hell and you can tell from how lame those ads are.

quoting/agreeing with shagger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Puppy Galaxy posted:

I like smythe even though he likes Android, THE WRONG KIND OF PHONE :-p

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Constant Hamprince posted:

true. yospos has a near-terminal case of the fail aids and 6 hour probations are the only cure

6 hour poz my neg rear end

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

oops

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Linguica posted:

I am starting to suspect that Apple Music does not in fact suit my needs

* "Albums" view has no obvious way to distinguish between actual full albums I have downloaded onto the phone and "albums" comprised of one song that's part of a playlist I downloaded

* Several full albums I downloaded actually only downloaded like half of the songs, and the other half of the songs refuse to actually download to the phone with no warning or explanation, even when I specifically tap "Make Available Offline" and it shows a little phone icon next to the song title (but doesn't actually download the song to the phone)

* Several playlists didn't actually bother downloading themselves properly and when I try to play them they have like 2 songs in them

* At least one playlist didn't actually both to download at all and despite sitting in my "Playlists" list is completely blank

* When I start playing downloaded music in range of wifi (e.g. my garage) and then go out of range of wifi (e.g. start driving) the music pauses itself and I have to press play again

* On more than on occasion the "loop current song" option magically enabled itself and I had to turn it back off

* The "Sound Check" option that normalizes volume levels seems to like to randomly not work, so if I keep restarting a song over and over, maybe 10% of the time it will be MUCH LOUDER THAN NORMAL

So in conclusion Apple Music fails miserably as a replacement for an iPod, you know, that device Apple made a while back that was fairly popular and kicked off their meteoric rise

yeah it kinda sucks

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

everything in linguica's post is right

apple music is buggy as gently caress and is not good

please fix it soon timb

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Last Chance posted:

its you, you are the retard.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

apple music is a buggy piece of poo poo

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

wow apples in such bad shape they have cremnob out doing pr.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

MrMoo posted:

I would guess the iPhone antenna is small so the cashier side needs a larger target area for link up to hit without waving the device around and around.

its probably this

physics motherfuckers :science:

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

maniacdevnull posted:

yeah its horseshit

but it beats using verizons lovely poo poo show of an stb

my nearly 10 year old tivo hd has a more responsive ui than the vz box and thats loving shameful, and it actually connects to more internet video services despite its age (literally only netflix vs nothing at all)

and vz's lovely boxes are still 100 times more responsive than comcast's

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

that's cool that you've got a good relationship with your parents

lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

my verizon fiosbox gives me ads when i try to change the channel sometimes but they take forever to load and sometimes crash so you hit guide button and then it says 'loading reccomendations for you' and then becomes unresponsive for like 2 minutes until it times out and says 'sorry we couldnt load this ad right now' and goes to some settings panel instead of letting me just change the loving channel. but it preserves all the button clicks you make while waiting for the ad to load so after it crashes, the guide loads, exits, loads, exits 50 times in a row

you can disable the ad poo poo but lol that it's on by default

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Binary Badger posted:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/15/08/31/apple-ceo-tim-cook-makes-surprise-appearance-at-ciscos-annual-sales-conference

Soon even network dweebs in lovely IT depts will no longer be able to say 'Cant fix your iPhone/iPad/iOS connection Cisco no support Macs heeheehee'

lol

this probably just means wifi implementations on apple devices will support more of the optional cisco wifi poo poo on the client side that make wifi slightly less lovely

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

The Management posted:

yes, like better wifi AP migration as you walk and talk down the hallway, and not being forever stuck on 2.4 GHz if that's the only signal you were able to get when you first looked at your phone in the parking lot. wifi is a poo poo protocol that has no features to support extended coverage and handoff. Cisco has a lot of features to try to fix that, but they work much better with a device that's aware of them and playing along.

burn 802.11 to the ground and start anew without backwards compatibility, it's a broken shitshow

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Puppy Galaxy posted:

line access fee

lol verizon is terrible

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

everyone that takes selfies has narcissistic personality disorder

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

THC posted:

10.11 is extremely good.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

DaNzA posted:

they sell quite a few of them to nordic countries

every third car in oslo is a tesla, because the city allows electric vehicles to drive on the bus/tram tracks where other cars are prohibited and because theyre all oil rich

but apparently so many people do it now it doesnt even buy you much time anymore, and i think theyre gonna phase out the rule soon just like california did with hov lanes

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

wait is the tysons corner store the number 1 apple store?

it is? lol

northern virginia is terrible

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

zen death robot posted:

Someone actually ban cremnob ffs

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

thank you timb for filling in for the 300 million scott walker cut from the university of wisconsin system

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

duTrieux. posted:

logitech mx master supremacy

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

emoji posted:

Thank you for posting in FYAD once in 2009 so I can probate you whenever I want.

lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Silver Alicorn posted:

lol that a 16gb iphone exists

i have 0 songs and i have icloud storage for my photos, and my 16 gb work iphone got completely full just from apps, i had to delete a bunch

gently caress you timb for not making the base model 32 GB

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

😁

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

theflyingexecutive posted:

from 2008-2017, I will have spent $900 total

if youve been on contracts with your carrier subsidizing your phone purchases, its been a lot more than that

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

my stepdads beer posted:

nice windows font rendering cremnob

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

who the gently caress still uses a tivo

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

wait so i gotta by the hardware AND pay a monthly fee for...access to tv listing data or something? lol

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

u don't need ur id if mom is driving u.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Millstone posted:

Lol chip and signature, gg America

stfu, chip and signature is fine

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Cocoa Crispies posted:

most of us don't actually live in a 1970s warsaw pact place, we don't have to show our papers on a regular basis

lol if you look old enough that you're not carded every time you buy booze

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

eric posted:

Turns out iPads that are a few years old are still needs suiting for browsing and netflix.

mom's ipad 2 still going strong running ios 9.1, the best mobile operating system

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Shaggar posted:

chains and grocery stores are the only places that would take apple ipay anyway.

ive use apple pay to buy food at a tiny convenience store in zakopane, poland

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

ZShakespeare posted:

I grew my glorious norse beard when I was 17 and have never been carded since.

congrats on looking like a homeless dude

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

The Management posted:

that reminds me, I should upgrade my mom's mini to the new one. looks like a thanksgiving project

why? ive got my mom on a late 2009 mini with an ssd and its definitely mom needs suiting

im still rocking my early 2011 mini, it'd be nice to get a new one but eh

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

broken clock opsec posted:

my mom still has an ipad2 or something (stuck on ios 5? sure why not) and my wife uses an ipad3

no real need to upgrade

e:

son broke his grandpa's ipad mini 2 so of course my dad's got the latest ipad mini *shrug*

mom on ipad 2 with 9.1, dad on ipad 3 with 8.something because he lives far away and i haven't had time to janitor it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

cremnob posted:

yea its good cause its such a pain in the rear end that apple pay is gonna win by a mile on convenience and thats all that matters

apple pay wouldn't and can't exist if chips didnt exist cremnob...its just an implementation of the emv contactless standard :coolspot:

• Locked thread