Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Arglebargle III posted:

Yes. I replied to the serial key email with something like "HURR DURR at least make this a no-reply address" and to my great surprise he responded. It wasn't even a no-reply address.

What did he reply?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Das_Ubermike posted:

Holy balls that's annoying. I made the mistake of assuming that I could do it from the Map screen. Well, Grogs gonna grog. Thanks for the help.

Build 12-20 MS boats to use for ASW/patrol. 200 tons, 14 knots and a single 2" or 3" gun. They will never see battle, doesn't matter. Cheap is the game here.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Roumba posted:

Are "Hits" calculated per turret or by gun? That is, would I have a higher chance of getting at least 1 hit with four 2 gun turrets or 4 two gun turrets, or the same chance?

I assume it's 4x2 or 2x4.

Until you get the proper tech, I think more guns in secondary turrets reduce rate of fire, not idea on accuracy. More guns per turret means less weight spent on turret armor. With a triple turret, you can get 3 hits, so the same number of guns can achieve the same amount of hits. No idea if you get rate of fire penalties when using triple or quadruple main turrets.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

bewbies posted:

Am I using an old version then? That definitely isn't in my game.

edit - yep I sure was

You also have 18 secondaries in double turrets, which means there are two guns extra or to few. Not sure if you only get 8/8 or if it will give you 9/9... 16 secondaries in doubles, and some torpedo racks on both sides would be my choice. You won't need the torpedo tubes for most battles, but when you do, they will gently caress something up really bad. The guns will gently caress things up just fine, torpedoes is just the extra gently caress you. The faster something sinks, the sooner you can target something else.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Thank you! I no longer have to sperg about the visual conforming with my numbers, or the other way around! Wouldn't that also make odd numbers better, since you get secondaries that can fire both ways? I can see how 3 12" secondaries in a quadruple turret would be good.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

I still need to try out a mass-sub campaign. Dedicate everything to whatever can shoot torpedoes.

How many subs do you need to win a war in 6 months?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

vyelkin posted:

I like it that your wing turrets are squishing the secondary battery turrets.

They just stack them. Add the secondary battery turrets on top of the wing turrets. It got historical precedence

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Farecoal posted:

It's happened toe twice this game. And yeah, I plan on playing until 1950

A billion fast destroyers with all the torpedoes should make them regret that limitation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Is there any way to mod out the submarines completely? Removing the techs that enable them for example?

• Locked thread