Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Psiwri posted:

I can tell you its not funny the 2nd through 5th times either. +pain

So like, there's a 14 day log in event 30th until 13th right before Delia hits, including 1 premium armor fusion/weapon fusion/enchant rune, just gotta afk for half an hour each day, good stuff.

Leveling in this game is extremely boring. I don't know why they thought increasing season 2 and the twilight desert's leveling requirements a good thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

What's the fastest way to level in this game? Just do the quests to 75?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

darkhand posted:

Yeah there's not any good grind missions till 50 anyways. Even then it's easier and funner to just do story. You get most things way earlier than you used to, so by 40ish you should have a huge majority of your kit to see if you actually like the character.

I guess I should have specified I'm 62 and the last thing I did before I stopped was soloing Titan to get past a quest.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

What's this combo people keep talking about with fiona? Perfect block > counter > counter > Perfect block > amerath kick. How does this work? Are they jumping straight into the kick portion of the smash or still doing LLLLR? Also the perfect block they're talking about is timing blocks and not tab?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

ArchWizard posted:

"Perfect Guard" refers to blocking at a particular time. Specifically, you have to put your shield up about a second or less before an attack connects. This lets you block smashes without using Heavy Stander, block some attacks that are otherwise unblockable, and sets your swing counter to 3. So, if you start attacking after a Perfect Guard rather than using Counterattack, you can immediately right-click to use Ivy Sweep or LR to use Amaranth Kick.

The Tab skill is called "Shield Deflection" and as far as I know, the point is that it doesn't affect your swing counter. You'll only be ready to use Amaranth Kick after deflecting if you were ready to do Amaranth Kick before deflecting.

Thanks for all the help. Is there a set I should be trying to get at 70 and 80? I'm currently wearing a mix of Ingkells and Debueruke at 66.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

ArchWizard posted:

At 70, the most straightforward sets to get are Apocryphal (offense-oriented, comes from 24-man Elchulus raid) and Everlasting (defense-oriented, comes from Heide raids). The mats are expensive but easy to find on the market and in raids. At 80, your options are:
  • Pirate/Black Pearl: Sometimes the pieces can be found cheaply but require pricey materials if you're crafting it yourself, is only really good if you're going to enchant it properly, has the best hats in the game
  • Armageddon: Good DEF but low crit resist, good STR boost but low crit boost
  • Noblesse: Best overall defense due to high crit resist, good offense (and best crit boost), kind of expensive
  • Skeleton: Relatively inexpensive, poor to middling stats, adds Stamina, is very spoopy

Are there any other 70 sets that can carry me to 90 those are awfully expensive?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Season 2 story quests own. Open a boat and suddenly everyone pours in.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

:toot: Made it to 75 and can't decide if I want to boost a Kai or a Lann.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Is there a list of enchants that are worth selling on the AH that I could find? I'm extremely poor.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Kuai posted:

god i forgot how painful leveling is

is 60-90 any easier?

1-60 is the worst part of this game

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Should I use the upcoming +10 ticket on a lvl 70 weapon or try to get an 80 weapon? I haven't quite decided on what character to take to 90 so I've been bouncin back and forth between a few alts. I keep reading people saying to get a orange feather(?) and use the coupon on the 90 weapon. I have maybe 10mil so I don't think I can afford any of the suggested options.

Also can anyone describe Vellas playstyle in a little detail for me? TS looks neat kinda like Fiona with counters. How does she deal with sandbag bosses?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Bakalakadaka posted:

don't play her she's bad.

Why is she bad? Because of the cross cut stuff?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

So chains will require me to chug stamina pots to do good?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I just hit 60 on my Vella. I've been enjoying it but I have almost no AP, what abilities should I focus on besides the standard crit/smash mastery? I play TS since Xcut is more fun than chains while solo.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Bakalakadaka posted:

Your main goals should be to max your combat skills since they're the cheapest things to max. Cross cut, slashing high, storm step, and typhoon blade are the highest priority. After that you want combat/crit/smash mastery, and you probably want some points in potion and the stamina masteries.

Also make sure you get standing endurance up to at least rank 9 so you can roll after getting knocked down.

So the main damage dealer is LRRRR? I've been leveling LLRR since it's faster to get off.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Lmbo "come back" for the patch!

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

I'm amazed that you keep updating this thread despite no one else posting in it.

Vindictus is one of those games I think about but never play.

I know a couple goons that check in on this thread to see if anything changes.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

A Cup of Ramen posted:

Hello person who reads thread but doesn't post reporting in, I appreciate the updates on what's going even though I don't play much anymore so thanks Arch for the dedication. :cheers:

Same here. It’s nice to see what’s changed since I come back to the game every few months.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

God bless you Archwizard for keeping this thread alive. Playing KUF2 and BDO and all sorts of other “action” mmos, I really can’t find another game that feels as satisfying as Vindictus.

How exactly does the gun-waifu play? Is it just smash combos or is there any counter/dodge attacks like Vella or Fiona? I was thinking of playing leveling new character when I take some leave for the holidays.

Also is Fiona mainly utilizing the tab perfect block into leg smash combo or is it mostly PB shield counters? I haven’t played since Delia was released.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Oh man I was cycling through my old characters, what’s up with the lack of main stats on returning gear? I was using the Armageddon set but the one they provided has more flat ATK. Also this tech and power rating are new?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Leveling is so fast now, I can’t believe I’m about to reach Season 2 in a few hours from starting a new character.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Cool so, I hit 90 and finished season 2. Streamlining is pretty cool now for new characters. However, for my old characters stuck at 74-75 and have completed Season 2... what do I do for them now? Especially since Season 3 start says to be lvl 90 before attempting.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Are those warm welcome boxes worth buying? I just buy the one daily ticket one.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Since leveling is so easy I decided to give Arisha a go. Oh boy, have I never played a more boring character in this game. Maybe I’m missing something but the smash combo is just hold left mouse button with mana blade on?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Another female character to strip folks wallets

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Schubalts posted:

You should be familiar with Nexon by now.

Squeezing the last bit of water from the stone. I fully expect fatigue pots for $$$.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Any ETA on punch wizard?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Forums saved. 10 more years of reading ArchWizard Vindictus updates and hoping they fix fatigue.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

ArchWizard posted:

Sometimes I post things that aren't updates. Like these videos of the mobile version of Vindictus that came out a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgwHRFWsgwc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9JZrsaaMac

I am losing my mind at this thing. It's like an April Fool's joke made real. But how come there's a version of Vindictus that runs on a phone while the version we have struggles to run well on gaming PCs?

I'm assuming this is already dead.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Can you even level up all the way to cap with fatigue? I’m guessing this is why there’s no registration event.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Really debating trying this out over the weekend but just looking at fatigue systems gives flashbacks. Where are my coins to pay the ships. :v:

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

How's lethor?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Isn’t lethor also parry based?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I’d wish they would just let you skip the first 3 seasons. Everytime I think of coming back and playing a new character I remember the slog. Also fatigue.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

ArchWizard posted:

A while ago they added quest tomes that allow you to instantly complete all sidequests. Also, we just had an event that let you skip the first two seasons on a new character and go right to level 80. The free 95 gear they give you doesn't let you get all the way through Astera, which is the end of season 3. It barely lets you participate in Season 4 raids. Maybe they'll let people skip S1-3 when the freebies creep up in value.

Does the sidequest tome give you all the rewards too? Also not surprised I missed another level up event. :v:

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Im sure they’ll make a sequel and get rid of fatigue anyday now (as I wait for Capcom to release Dragons Dogma 2).

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I’ll never be able to get my crew to come back and play this game as long as it has fatigue. But what are you playing mostly?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

ArchWizard posted:

Vindictus. Fatigue sucks but I've found ways to deal with it. I average one raid every hour or so because I like to take it easy. Nexon is somewhat generous with VVIP giveaways so I feel comfortable cracking one open when I intend to play more vigorously. Otherwise, VIP from the AP shop cuts Fatigue costs enough. I tend to switch characters when I finish their daily missions, which puts a natural curb on how much Fatigue I use in a day. I use the guild house bed, which restores 30% + 3% for every Bonus Object FP skill you've purchased from the wardrobe shop. Characters who have an object can restore another 30 + 3x% Fatigue. So, it's really not as dire as it looked when they first (re)introduced Fatigue. I don't like that I have to worry about Fatigue all the time but it has never been an obstacle for me.

As for other games: I play Genshin Impact, which you all may have figured out because I reference it sometimes. I like the big open world and the plot and a lot of the characters and the music, but I don't actually like the multiplayer aspect and the combat is just the right amount of "not as good as vindi" to piss me off on a regular basis. Plus, the farming is bad. The bosses are almost all annoying and the domains range from tiring to infuriating. I wanted to believe that having friends to play with would improve that part of the game, but when I tried co-oping with goons they either didn't change the flow of battle or completely broke the difficulty. Maybe you'll get different results with your crew but oh, genshin has an energy system that limits how much you can farm bosses and domains. If you're serious about hating energy systems then don't even bother.

Yah they tried out Genshin but the combat is so dull. Personally, we enjoyed Honkai much more.

I'm keeping an eye out on the new DFO game (both of them, but specifically Project BBQ) crossing my fingers it's going to be fun. One worry is that it is also going to be published by Nexon.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

ArchWizard posted:

Word is that Nexon's going to publish a Warhammer game soon and I want to try that one. But why is the team that made DFO letting Nexon publish another game? They did a lousy job running DFO.

I completely forgot Nexon published DFO the first time lol. I thought it was just Nexon NA was just more poo poo than Nexon JP/KR or something along those lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Is there a gameplay video of Letty in action? Is she actually shooting with the cannon?