Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Mraagvpeine posted:

Apparently, the word "literally" can now mean both "literally" and "figuratively". English is such a broken language.

If it's in common usage, and people understand you when you say it, then it's become part of the language.

Or dost thou want the language to freeze entirely, like French?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
It would have made Shakespeare easier to understand.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Apparently, the word "literally" can now mean both "literally" and "figuratively". English is such a flexible language.

Fixed that for you.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

My favorite moderately relevant anecdote is about the Academy of Hebrew Language. It's somewhat based on the Académie française, except instead of maintaining obsolete rules of grammar, it concerns itself with inventing stupidly useless (both meanings of the word) Hebrew alternatives to perfectly good and established loanwords. Or trying in vain to replace the rare established Hebrew alternative with a more useless yet etymologically correct one.

Plot twist: "Academy" is not a Hebrew word. Replacing it with the nearest Hebrew equivalent would "omit the breadth and historical connotations of the term". Apparently no one figured out yet that the same is true for most loanwords.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Apparently, the word "literally" can now mean both "literally" and "figuratively". English is such a broken language.
For a while, when "literal blog" was a fairly major success among certain circles, people were campaigning against using "virtually" to mean "literally".

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Xander77 posted:

It's somewhat based on the Académie française, except instead of maintaining obsolete rules of grammar, it concerns itself with inventing stupidly useless (both meanings of the word) Hebrew alternatives to perfectly good and established loanwords.

Pretty sure France does that too. Didn't they shut down the loanword "computer" or equivalent for "ordinateur"?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
:nws::siren: JUST TO BE SAFE THIS UPDATE IS PRETTY NWS :siren::nws:

Hello everyone. Today is going to be a long update. While I was capturing screenshots, I realized I could have easily cut this update in half with nothing being lost. But meh. Strap in folks, today is going to be another fun one with multiple boss fights.

To start off with, we have Craig.

: Come on! Now's our only chance!

: Ha ha! You're trapped! I am a level 14 thief AND the Dark Lord's chief assassin and you will all perish here and now!

: Douchebag, I'm stuck! Can you get me in?
: (turning a crank) My three nazi cow minions will take care of you!
: (still turning) I should've started this sooner.
: Hold on. It's almost there.
: You're gonna get it, Craig! loving traitor!

: This should even things up!

: Douchebag! Use Nagasaki to let Ike in!
: Hey no fair guys. I can't let this thing go. Just hold on til I'm done.

: You guys are dicks.

Video:

As far as I'm aware, after you drop the other two cow cages, there's nothing to do until Craig finishes turning the crank. The video above shows off the boss fight. It's a surprisingly long fight, too.

: Now let's see how you fare against the Dark Lord's chief assassin and a COW!

The alternate dialogue for not dropping the cows is barely changed. "...chief assassin and some cows." is it.

First things first, get rid of the cow(s). They suicide bomb you if you leave them alive, and that's damage you don't need.

On his first turn, Craig will use his Clone Army ability.

: Why fight one Craig when you can fight five?

Call it a hunch, but I don't think the Craig on the bottom is the real one. Oh, and ready for the real "gently caress you" of the fight?

This is the area of effect for Pyre Ball. Yeah. It only affects a single Craig. Clyde gave him AOE immunity, and because he possesses the Stick of Truth...

: (idle) I'm immune to splash damage. Clyde said.
: (idle) You should've turned evil when you had a chance.
: (idle) Clyde had a much cooler base so I did what I had to do.
: (idle) Being a traitor is awesome. You guys are missing out.
: (idle) I really found myself relating to Clyde's views about darkness and enslaving the world.

: (attacking) Let's rumble.

: (when hit) C'mon.
: (when hit) Jerk.
: (when hit) (sobbing) Stop.
: (when hit) No more!
: (when hit) Quit it, quit it, quit it.

The dialogue below is said by the fake Craigs.

: Clyde has foretold us of your death. (during CRAIG fight)
: You picked the wrong team, kid.
: We serve a dark and terrible master.
: You cannot hope to defeat our dark Lord!
: You think you're hot poo poo, huh?
: (when hit) gently caress!
: (when dying) Fool...

The good news is that the clones will fall over to a stiff breeze. So you can whittle them down by just smacking them once.

Butters proves himself the real MVP of this fight.

It may appear that Craig is hosed here. He's got 5 stacks of bleeding and is by himself.

Nope. He uses Clone Army again, which wipes his debuffs.

This is honestly the closest we've been to a game over since the second update. Craig's clones hit really goddamn hard.

Craig here is channeling Death From Above. I've never seen it happen, but the game's wiki claims that he repeatedly backstabs you while using it, and that it will flat out kill you if you aren't shielded. Probably not something you want to connect, so...

We're so close to Clyde now. He's gotta be nearby.

: You got yours, Craig!
: You're our prisoner now, Craig. You're gonna be somebody's bitch for quite awhile...
: Phhm mph mph!
: Justice has been served unto you this day, Craig.
: I wrote a song about Craig. It's called "The Traitor Who Got His rear end Beat." It's a ma-madrigal.
: (enters and lowers ladder) Here, climb on up. C'mon, we're almost to Clyde!

Craig is holding the "add 100 fire damage on perfect attack" patch. I'll be taking that!

Up next to everyone is a treasure chest.

That's what I've been waiting for!

Heavily armored, and causes us to deal more damage with all melee attacks? Sign me up! Also it's about 10,000% less creepy than the Valkyrie outfit.

We're coming for you, Clyde.

Video:

: Dad? What the hell are you doing here?

There's something utterly hilarious about Clyde somehow recruiting Randy Marsh to be part of his dark army.

: Oh! It's my favorite kid!

: Listen, I found out what they were doing at the women's clinic! They were looking for a candidate to put a snuke into! They're going to nuke ALL OF SOUTH PARK!
: A snuke?

: You boys don't understand. They've put the snuke HERE.
: Who did?

: Whoever these people are CLAIMING to be Taco Bell! We should've known. We should have known Taco Bell is far too compassionate and caring to be so secretive. The quality of their character, like the quality of their food, should have never come into question.
: Dad, where is the woman with the snuke?

: They didn't put it in a woman.

: All I remember was that there were these big government guys, and they wrestled me to the floor at my house! And then I remember thinking, well this is fun, but wait, is that a thermonuclear device?

: I had some drinks so putting a thermonuclear device up my rear end wasn't COMPLETELY out of the question... oh Jesus Christ, how long do I have?!
: We don't know, Mr. Slave, but it could be a matter of MINUTES.
: Well, what are you waiting for? Pull it out!

: No! We can't just pull it out! Snukes have triggers on them! We have to abort it -- from inside.

: Oh COME ON! Who knows how to do abortions AND can get really really small?

: Hmm... who? Who could POSSIBLY be able to make themselves tiny and know something about abortions! Ugh! Hmm, let's see...
: Who could there be?
: Hm... uhh, who could it be... ? Let me think...

: There's got to be someone.
: It seems like it'd be easy to find someone who could get small or could perform abortions but BOTH?
: It's on the tip of my tongue... nope.
: Hmm, can't be me. I'm pretty slender, but I've never done an abortion.
: It's like the answer's right in front of us, staring us in the face, but not saying a word.

So a few times in the thread, some of y'all have wondered with horror if we were going to venture up inside of someone's rear end.

I have bad news for you.

: Oh, look! He's all small.

I want you all to look at the A button prompt. Yes, it's exactly what you think it is.

: Wow, this kid is just FULL of surprises! Quick! Get up there and disarm the snuke! Hurry!

: Oh, be careful. I might have also put some bats up there the other night.

:goatsecx:

: Dude, are we really gonna go up Slave's rear end in a top hat?
: Aw, sick dude! Can't you pick somebody else to be your buddy?
: Dude, lame, how come I have to be your buddy right now?
: Oh man! It stinks like poo poo in here!
: I can't believe we are inside a real, live butthole.
: (Aw, man. It smells like poo poo in here!)

: Next time Mr. Slave subs in health class there better be some extra credit for this.
: I never thought I'd say this, but are you sure you don't want to take Cartman instead?
: And now we boldly go where many men have gone before.
: Mpppmhm, mphphphpm!
: What's that smell? Is it me?

So, welcome to Mr. Slave's rear end.

What's that up ahead?

: New Kid, you must find a way out of this place or you will surely die.

: The way behind you is blocked by the large sphincter.

: Make haste to the large intestine! All will be made clear to you then!

: A great adventure is waiting for you ahead
: So journey onward New Kid or you will soon be dead
: The road ahead is full of danger and fright
: So push onward New Kid with all of your might.
: New Kid! New Kid, New Kid, New Kid!

Mr. Slave's rear end is full of more destructables than any other area in the game. A lot of the time you'll be breaking semi-dried semen.

: Aah, that sticky stuff is gross.
: Dude, what's that sticky stuff?
: That sticky stuff is spooky.

: Gross!
: Dude, that's gross.
: Oh, sick!

There's also a surprising amount of stuff to see in here. A lot of bombs and pieces of the snuke, for instance.

There's even a condom.

Just past the condom we find the first enemy in here. Remember way back when we fought the bacteria in the school basement? These guys are less strong versions of that.

You know, it occurs to me that maybe it's not a great idea to set the inside of Mr. Slave's rear end on fire.

Anyway, the half eaten ear of corn provides a handy ladder.

: Maybe someone with some water can help.
: (annoyed) Maybe SOMEONE with some water can help.
: I'm no help here, you need some water.
: Maybe someone with some water can help.
: It's worth a try. Sparky! (whistles) Here boy!

Stan has a lot of barriers that only he can break. I think he's easily tied with Butters in that regard.

: Aah, that sticky stuff is gross.
: Dude, that smells weird.
: It smells like bleach in here.

Popping the polyp I have targeted here will kill the nazi zombie bacteria. It will also make Mr. Slave exclaim...

: Jesus Christ!

That purple fringe looks familiar.

Oh hey, that's where Mr. Hat got to!

How did... you know what? Never mind.

Breaking the 10-ball with Nagasaki will not only clear the way, but it will also kill another group of nazi zombie bacteria.

We're an awfully long way up into Mr. Slave's rear end. How did that iphone even get up this far?

The phone starts vibrating.

: (distantly) Oooh! Jesus!
: Hello? Hello? Slave honey? You better not be tied up somewhere you silly goose! Huh. Where is he?

You need to answer the phone to get Big Gay Al as a friend. You only have a few seconds to do so, so don't dawdle.

: I think you're super and I want everyone to know about it.

Just past the phone, we fight another nazi zombie bacteria. This one drops some items, however.

The fungus patch adds to gross damage, but I'm not entirely sure on how much.

There's something really wrong about being in all this knight armor and wielding a big pink dildo as a weapon.

: Huh. No power.
: Bad battery connection, maybe?
: Did you check the batteries?
: When my flashlight at home doesn't work, it's usually because I used up all the batteries telling myself ghost stories.

: Alright, let's test it.
: Okay, that should do it. Let's turn it on.
: Now, if only the flashlight was turned on, maybe we could see if that worked.
: Well, I bet that'll make the flashlight work! Try the button, New Kid!

: Ooh! Jesus Christ!

Just past the flashlight, there's a treasure chest.

The Ghost Pepper adds, I believe, an additional 25% damage to fire attacks. The condom?

Yay...? :confuoot:

Continuing on, climbing up the pink anal beads...

The game pauses here and autosaves. That can only mean one thing...

Video:

Boss fight in this video. This is the antepenultimate boss fight in the game.

: I am the Sparrow Prince. Like you, I was once used for pleasure as an anal plaything, and thus perished in this place.

: Now you must defeat my angry spirit in order to move forward. I know, I don't really sound that angry, but trust me, I am.

: (when hit) Ouch.
: (when hit) Hey.
: (when hit) My anger is greater now.

The Sparrow Prince can be a really hard boss fight. First off...

He summons two helpers. He only does this once, but these two are naturally nazi zombies.

Take them out quickly. Now, are you ready to see just why the Sparrow Prince can be a hard fight?

Look carefully at his health bar. What do you not see? Think about it while I destroy the remains of these two bacteria.

The most common attack the Sparrow Prince does is to summon two ghost birds to hit someone for moderate damage.

That's the bacteria corpses taken care of. I'm sure you've noticed the thing by now. Just in case, though...

The Sparrow Prince is completely immune to DOT effects. That means we can't cheese him by making him bleed out or even just set him on fire. We can't delay his actions with frost, and we can't even hurt him with gross damage. This boss fight is a slugfest, the likes of which we haven't had for a very long time.

This attack is his most dangerous one. He fires four times, and if you miss the block you take pretty hefty damage.

Look at how much health Douchebag lost between the two pictures.

It took a while of trading blows, but we eventually triumph!

: Well done, New Kid...

: You have proven yourself in combat, young anal plaything. You may journey forth. Find the snuke's trigger and save the outside world. Fare thee met and fare thee well.

Let's press on, shall we? I don't want to stay in this rear end any longer than I have to.

...Again with the really weird loving lines this game has me writing.

Rest well Sparrow Prince.

: Hey, is that Cartman's mom's?
: Hey, that looks like Cartman's mom's.
: Hey, I think that thing there belongs to Cartman's mom!

Is there an entire set of billiards balls up in here?

: We can't get by. There's too much poo poo here.
: We can't get by. There-there's too much poo poo here.
: Wuh-we can't get by. There's too much poo poo here.

How did an alien teleport probe even get up in here?

Thank god this bottlecap is here. Turn on the vibrator and...

: Ooooooooooooh! Jesus... Jesus Christ!

I don't think Liane is going to want her dildo back.

: (on left) [sigh] I didn't join the company for this.
: (on right) We've got our orders.
: (on left) Yeah but how come we always get the poo poo jobs? Go clean out the barracks. Go round up civilians in their homes. Go up a gay man's butthole and guard against intruders. Fuckin' sucks!

: Armed guards? What are they doing here?
: Whoever seeks to blow up the city clearly doesn't want anyone stopping them.
: You must get past them, New Kid. Go gently caress em up.

: (attacking) Hey!
: (attacking) Target acquired.
: (beginning fight) In war there's always casualties.
: (beginning fight) I want this by the book.
: (idle) Hostile is taking his sweet time.
: (idle) So it's a stand-off.
: (when hit) Take cover!
: (when hit) I'm hit!
: (when hit) Medic!
: (when hit) Taking fire!
: (fleeing) Fall back!
: (fleeing) We're overrun!
: (dying) I knew this day would come.
: (dying) I'm so cold.
: (dying) I can see a light. It's beautiful.
: (dying) Tell my wife... I wasn't that into her.
: (dying) I-I can't feel my legs!
: (when you die) Tango down.
: (when you die) Threat eliminated.

You know what? I really don't feel like fighting these guys. So, are you all ready to see something utterly absurd?

Out of every screenshot in this LP, and out of everything that I've documented, this has to be the single most absurd image. We just summoned Mr. Slave, inside his own rear end, to make one of these guards disappear into his rear end.

There's an achievement for doing this.

This armor patch adds 40 points of armor to armor. Armor. Armor. Armor. ANYWAY...

Video:

This video covers until the end of the update. If you are able to, you really should watch it instead of reading on. Trust me, it's much funnier that way.

: New kid came to the stomach dark
: Neath the cold depths of the lungs and heart

: Hello, New Kid. I... am Catatafish.

: Catatafish of the stomach's cove

: The trigger of the thermonuclear device lies before you. I have tried to solve its riddle, but I have been unable to disarm it.

: Catatafish riddle will soon be told

: There are only moments to spare. Find a way to disengage the trigger, or all will be lost.

The armor patch increases max HP by 15%.

: Think you need a bard here.
: See that handicap sign? You need a bard.
: You see the handicap sign, right? You know what that means, right?
: I'm no help here, my lord. There's no one to heal.
: This calls for a little bardic access.

Ready to perform another abortion?

SNUKE: Snuke abortion sequence initiated. Begin electrolytic infusion.

poo poo, my hand slipped. Let's try that again.

SNUKE: (if jabbed into side) Error: check placement.

Dammit!

SNUKE: (if jabbed into side) Ow. Jesus.

Welp! LP's over, folks. There's the credits. It's a surprisingly dark ending, isn't it?

Next time, we do it right.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
so the part with our dad was just foreshadowing then

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
It's so fitting that the game's final dungeon is a man's rear end in a top hat.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse... it got worse.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

quote:

Hello!

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

One really easy way to beat Craig is to equip the SWAT Helmet. Killing his 'clones' counts as killing an enemy, so Douchebag can wipe the entire team in one go.

Also I don't know if you're planning to show it later, but you can also trigger the snuke ending by walking back out the door instead of going into Mr. Slave's rear end.

Heir03
Oct 16, 2012

Pillbug
You missed the best part (and I think there's an achievement for it). When they're suggesting you shrink down and go in Mr. Slave's rear end, you can just walk the gently caress away. You get the same explosion bit, but it's perfect.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Procrastinator posted:

you can also trigger the snuke ending by walking back out the door instead of going into Mr. Slave's rear end.

Heir03 posted:

When they're suggesting you shrink down and go in Mr. Slave's rear end, you can just walk the gently caress away. You get the same explosion bit, but it's perfect.

I honestly had no idea. Neat!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

That reminds me, I do want to go see The Book of Mormon live one of these days. I've heard only good things.

AielloA
Dec 3, 2014

T.G. Xarbala posted:

That reminds me, I do want to go see The Book of Mormon live one of these days. I've heard only good things.

It has a character called "General Butt loving Naked," based off a real person. The only change made to his name from the real counterpart was to add "loving". A lot of the songs are rather vulgar, but if you're reading a SSLP of South Park then I suspect that won't really be an issue. All in all, I would recommend it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
But it is hilarious at the same time. I went to see it with my parents and they loved every minute of it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's better than South Park has been for the last few years.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
We've now gone full Lemiwinks.

Anyways, yeah, it's hilarious to say "screw this" and walk out of that scene.

Best ending ever.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
So I haven't gotten this far, do you know if Europe gets this abortion minigame or is it censored too?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Roro posted:

So I haven't gotten this far, do you know if Europe gets this abortion minigame or is it censored too?

I believe EU gets this one.

ellspurs
Sep 12, 2007
Kappa :o

Onmi posted:

I believe EU gets this one.

This is correct.

Which meant I exploded the world about 10 times before realising how it should have been done as there's no explanations other than it telling you which thing to spin/press.

BlackArtistik
Feb 19, 2011

If I recall correctly, doesn't Stan look visibly hurt for all of a second when Randy says, "Hey it's my favorite kid!" to Douchebag?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
As I was reading that update I was going to ask what happens if you summon Mr. Slave while in his rear end, so thanks for anticipating my question.

achtungnight
Oct 5, 2014
I get my fun here. Enjoy!
Loved this game when I played it last year. I went through it 4 times in succession just to experience all the classes. Did Mage last and was glad I was able to breeze through all the by-then boring fights.

Enjoying this LP. Hope it continues soon.

achtungnight fucked around with this message at 11:34 on Dec 3, 2015

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

BlackArtistik posted:

If I recall correctly, doesn't Stan look visibly hurt for all of a second when Randy says, "Hey it's my favorite kid!" to Douchebag?

He does seem pretty hurt in the images posted.

Randy is still the best South Park character :allears:

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

:nws::siren: Gonna mark this one as NWS as well. :siren::nws:

So obviously that wasn't the end last time. The sudden ending is pretty funny, but leaves the greater part of Colorado completely obliterated and uninhabitable.

Video:

So let's do it again, and this time we're gonna do it right.

Naturally the increasingly seasonal Christmas music returns as well.

SNUKE: Snuke abortion sequence initiated. Begin electrolytic infusion.
SNUKE: (if jabbed into side) Error: check placement.
SNUKE: (if jabbed into side) Danger. Critical arterial rupture.
SNUKE: (if jabbed into side) Ow. Jesus.

(3 times = explosion)

SNUKE: (if jabbed correctly) Ahh.

SNUKE: Cold. So cold.
SNUKE: Danger: Abortion access slit stress level critical.

(if you mess up oil shoots out)

SNUKE: Is that my oil? (explosion)

SNUKE: Abortion access slit dilated. Initiate control chip removal.

SNUKE: Wrong chip! Wrong chip! Ow.
SNUKE: Not that! I needed that!

(if you mess up and pull out a chip, explosion)

SNUKE: Self destruction sequence aborted.

We've successfully disarmed and aborted a nuclear bomb! :toot:

: (coughing)
: What is it, Mr. Slave? What are you feeling?
: (cough) Oh Jesus... (cough) Jesus Christ!

: Great job, New Kid!
: But your journey is not yet complete.
: Yes, but should we ever need your services again, we will call.

: Great job! You disarmed the snuke. South Park is saved.
: Yes. Now let's finish this, New Kid. Let's beat Clyde once and for all, and take back the Stick of Truth!

: All hail the Anal Pleasure King!
Catatafish likes this.

: If you ever want to go back in, just ask!
: It'll all be totally worth it when we get the Stick back.
: If you wanna go take a shower and come back, we'll wait.
: You're a better man than I, New Kid.
: It was very brave, what you did in that man's butthole.

You know what? Kyle's right. We probably really could use a shower right about now. Let's try and...

(if you approach the fire exit)

: Wrong way, dude! Clyde's over here.

Oh. Okay then. Well, let's look at the crown we were given.

:catstare:

Also, for what it's worth, the Frog King, Sparrow Prince, and Catatafish are the last friends you get in the game. If you look in the lower left corner, you can barely see a number reading 119. Counting Clyde from the very start of the game (who instantly unfriends you) there are 121 friends in the game. After you unfriend Al Gore, he's never taken off the numbered list. That means we missed someone somewhere.

No worries, though. I know exactly who we missed, and even better, she's not permanently missable. So I'll show off getting her in the bonus update after we beat the main story.

I briefly considered taking Butters with us into the confrontation with Clyde, but I think Kyle is the better choice. You'll see why shortly.

Video:

: Fools! You thought you could conquer the Fortress of Darkness!

: Clyde! Back away from that stuff!

: Oh, but I have yet to complete my army! You have come to witness the power of darkness!

: Stop! Clyde! You have no idea what that stuff is!
: Yeah huh, it's green sauce from Taco Bell. I took it from their construction site.
: Dude, that's not Taco Bell sauce.
: Then why'd I find it at Taco Bell?

: It leaked out of a UFO, Clyde! It's toxic goo from another galaxy! Think about it! Since when does Taco Bell have a green sauce, dude?

: Actually, since about a year ago.
: What?
: Taco Bell has green sauce now.
: No way.
: They've had it longer than a year. I've always gotten spicy green burritos.
: Yeah, no, I'm saying in the packets. They just started putting green sauce in packets.
: The gently caress? How the gently caress did I miss this?

Yeah, they have Verde sauce. I've never tried it, but I hear good things.

: HA HA! I don't seem so foolish now, do I?

: That doesn't mean YOU have Taco Bell green sauce, dipfuck!
: Yeah, Clyde, why do you think that poo poo's glowing?
: Maybe because of the three varieties of chili peppers.
: Just give us the Stick, rear end in a top hat.
: Or what? You'll beat me up? Ha, ha... I've got another surprise for you.

: I'm gonna make love to you womannnn...

ALL: AHGHGHGH!

On a scale of 1 to "what the gently caress" this registers a solid :wtc:

: (salutes) Sieg Heil!

: Get him, Commander Douchebag!

: (starting fight) Let's all make sweet lo- RAAAAWWWRR!
: (from throne) Kill!
: (idle) Kill them, Chef!
: (idle) I get extra turns.
: (idle) Give up! The Stick gives me invincibility!
: (idle) Stop talking like Hitler and kill those bitches!
: (idle) Why does everyone like you? You don't even talk.
: (idle) Dammit, I brought you back to life, kill these assholes!
: (idle) My base is way better. My da- I mean my slaves built it, and (quieter) my slaves built it...
: (when hit) Ow!
: (when hit) Dammit!
: (when hit) No no!
: (when hit) Goddamn!

So welcome to the penultimate boss fight in the game. We're fighting Nazi Zombie Chef. Look at his health pool. He has almost 74,000 HP, and 500 armor. This is arguably the real final boss fight, as the fight after this is mostly a formality.

Chef starts off the festivities by ripping off his testicles and lobbing them at Kyle.

That is an awful lot of damage, though blocking did cut the incoming damage by more than half. Basically this fight is going to do its damnedest to disabuse you of whatever item hoarding tendencies you have.

Chef also has a melee attack. It hit that much through Douchebag's block.

This is why I brought Kyle. Kicking Ike at Chef dealt a little more than 16% of Chef's health in kosher damage. If you'll recall, kosher damage deals extra damage to nazi zombies specifically.

Ike also inflicts bleeding on his target. You can see just how useful that is to us. Chef is immune to bleeds because "gently caress you that's why."

After dealing enough damage to him, he starts channeling an attack.

Hello Children is not interruptable, so it's not even worth trying. He's immune to gross damage anyway.

You just hammer the button that appears and you won't get bitten. I think. Honestly I've never failed the Hello Children attack QTEs, and I don't intend to start now. The script doesn't even have dialogue for failing it. So just assume you take damage?

Anyway, after you dodge three times, you break out of Chef's grip and knock him back.

: Children, what have I done?
: Chef! Don't do it!
: He's fighting it! Chef, this isn't you!
: Haha! Clyde can't even control his own Nazi zombies!
: (Chef, mphmphphm!)
: You tried to eat us, Chef!
: Chef, is this you or some Nazi trick?

: Hey, I raised you from the dead. You have to obey.

: Obey me!

: Sieg Heil!
: Aha, ahaha!

Chef will keep occasionally trying to do the Hello Children attack until you lower his health. We're certified shitwreckers, so he only gets it off twice. The second time, he's at 1 health when he finishes. However, there is extra dialogue for those extra times...

: I'm sorry, boys.
: We're gonna get you out of this, Chef. Just hold on while we kill Clyde.
: Chef, stay with us! You've got to fight!
: Oh poo poo he's back again!
: (Mphpm mphphpm, Chef!)
: Oh you don't have to apologize, Chef! It's the goo that's doin' it.
: He's dead, but I don't think he's quite UNdead.

(after another HELLO CHILDREN)

: Oh no you don't! (squirts CHEF) Remember who you serve!

: Children! Everybody! I'm back!

: Enough of this!

: HAHAHA! BURN THEM! BURN THEM ALL!

Hope you're paying attention! You have a few seconds to hit the button the screen indicates. But when you do...

Video:

: Your eons of torment are at an end, ruler of darkness!

A neat touch is that Clyde is desperately looking around for help against Cartman.

: Um, okay, um, you know what, I'm not playing anymore.

: You have broken the rules of the Stick and for that I banish thee. I banish thee...

: ...from SPACE AND TIME!

: AAGGHH!

: We did it dude!

: That was awesome. You did it! Your noble quest is at an end. And for all your deeds, and all your time put into this...

: I hereby promote you... to KING Douchebag! Congratulations.

: Quickly, now let's get the Stick back to safety before anyone can do -

: MOVE MOVE MOVE! GO GO GO!
: We've got him, we've got the Dragonborn.

: The Dragonborn? What the -- who, what?
: So it really IS the Dragonborn. Just can't stop being a thorn in our side, huh?

: He has the Stick of Truth!
: How does this guy know you, King Douchebag?

: King Douchebag? Is THAT what you told them your name was? Why didn't you tell them your REAL name - DOVAHKIIN!

: You don't remember, do you? How we tried to find you?
: Look, that Stick belongs with the fighters of Zaron! Give it back!

: Fighters of Zaron? Boys, what's going on here is much more complex than that. This isn't the first time a UFO has crashed to Earth. You see, in 1947 a UFO crashed in Roswell, New Mexico...
: Oh, god.
: Oh, brother, spare us.

: Hang on a sec. A UFO crashed in Roswell and a new government agency was created to investigate the paranormal. Our Agency.
: Can we skip this? Like, hit the skip button or something?

I tried. Lord help me I tried.

: Oh, you don't want to skip this.

: Yes we do.

: Whenever aliens are spotted, vampires run amok, our agency is there and we have never lost a fight. That is... until 4 years ago when we investigated a child.

: Yawn yawn yawn.

: A child who had an unnatural power inside him. I had order from the President to secure the child, so that we could harness his powers before our enemies could. But he slipped through our hands.

: The government wants the new kid for his farts?
: That's dumb.

: His farts? No. His amazing ability to make friends so quickly on any social network. Before he was 5 years old he had 3.2 billion friends on Facebook alone.

: Do you have any idea the power that kind of gift yields in today's world? It's time to come with us, Dovahkiin. Time to stop resisting and use your gift for your country.
: Is he really still talking?
: Are we really so different, you and I, Dovahkiin?
: UGH.
: You have to do what the government tells you, just like me. We're all just pawns in their game. I'll admit you are fascinating, you have more power than any child I've ever come across. An yet all you seem to really care about... is this.

: It must be very important. What does it do?

: (rolls his eyes) Whoever controls the Stick controls the universe, dumbass.
: Yeah, stupid.
: Controls the... but then... I wouldn't have to do what I was told anymore. I could.

: Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha HAAA! I control the universe!

: Get back. BACK I SAY! ALL OF YOU! I can do anything. ANYTHING I WANT! AHAHAHA!

: I no longer need YOU, New Kid... I control the UNIVERSE!

: Hahg... huh UGH!

: Er ... drat thing! How does it work? Show me how it works!

: (scoffing) Yeah, right.

: Dovahkiin, why should we be on the opposite sides?

: Join me, Dovahkiin. Rule by my side. Rule... and you can have THIS all to yourself, FOREVER. I can offer you all! Just get me safely out of here, you can rule with this once again.

: You've underestimated the character of the fighters of Zaron! What binds us is MORE than that relic.
: AND you've failed to recognize the character of our alliance.

: Yes. And that friendship is more important to any of us - than even the Stick of Truth.

: Dude, where're you going?

: (HA HA HA!)

: (gasps) Princess Kenny!
: At least one of you has some sense.
: You'd sell us all out?
: But why, Princess Kenny?

: Because Princess Kenny was born a half-orc whose entire village was wiped out by humans and elves.

: Morgan Freeman?

: You see, when humans and elves lived together in the forests of Hollow Falls, an elven queen fell in love with the orc known as Dandar - the first one to possess the Stick of Truth. They loved in secret and had a child, a beautiful little girl, a girl who watched as everyone she loved was killed in cold blood. And that is why she waited... and plotted... all this time. To take the Stick from you. For Princess Kenny is the true heir to the Stick of Truth.

: Wow, that's pretty cool.
: Just one thing, Morgan Freeman. How come every time something convoluted needs explaining you show up?

: Because every time I show up and explain something, I earn a freckle.

: MMRMM MM MRMMPH!

: Princess Kenny, come back here!

Next time? The final showdown with Princess Kenny and the end of this game. See you all on Monday.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

BlackArtistik posted:

Dinictus posted:

He does seem pretty hurt in the images posted.

Randy is still the best South Park character :allears:

This is the first clear shot of Stan's face after Randy's outburst.

I'm also still endlessly amused at Clyde somehow recruiting Randy.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
Kenny takes his backstory seriously.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Kenny is the best LARPer.

BlazetheInferno
Jun 6, 2015
The *best*.

Shame we're gonna have to kick his/her/its rear end now.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

BlazetheInferno posted:

The *best*.

Shame we're gonna have to kick his/her/its rear end now.

Kenny's pronouns are Mm/Mmp/Mmph.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Kenny is just very into the RP. When he's Mysterion he's loving Mysterion and that's the end of it. If he's decided he's playing a half-orc princess who's family inherited the stick that was stolen from them, he's Princess Kenny until the game's over. Remember the 1864 village episode? where the actors were instructed to never break character? That's Kenny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SgxCuTaRjM

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I like that the bomb sounds like GLaDOS.

Does anything special happen if you pick Douchebag's "real name" on the fake name selection screen at the start?

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

Onmi posted:

Kenny is just very into the RP. When he's Mysterion he's loving Mysterion and that's the end of it. If he's decided he's playing a half-orc princess who's family inherited the stick that was stolen from them, he's Princess Kenny until the game's over. Remember the 1864 village episode? where the actors were instructed to never break character? That's Kenny.

Except Mysterion is an honest to good super hero with an honest to good super power.

Princess Kenny's not half-orc or a woman :downs:

Or whatever, I don't know.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
I always found the whole Kenny's-serious-halforc-princess-roleplaying thing to be somewhat eclipsed by the fact that an aging government official just went nuts and tore off all his clothes and is running around with his junk on full display.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

I always found the whole Kenny's-serious-halforc-princess-roleplaying thing to be somewhat eclipsed by the fact that an aging government official just went nuts and tore off all his clothes and is running around with his junk on full display.

Doesn't fuss Morgan Freeman, doesn't fuss me.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
Even though Cartman says you're going the wrong way, you can still keep going that way. I have no idea how far back you can go, because I just wanted to finish the game at that point, but you can probably get at least to the backyard if not out into the neighborhood.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I thought there was something foreshadowing Nazi Zombie Chef's appearance just before he actually shows up. Like, I could have sworn that his real name (Jerome McElroy) was mentioned at some point in that exchange with Clyde, or actually appeared on the coffin so old South Park fans got to have a quick "wait what holy poo poo" moment before the actual reveal. I wonder where I got that idea from, since it's clearly not what happens in the game.

Now that I think of it, I believe my actual thought process during that part was "okay, what's this surprise gonna be then, I don't know who could possibly be in that coff-- :tviv:" Then I must have thought that it would've been cool if they had foreshadowed it like I described, and it all got mixed up in my head. Or something. I don't know, maybe I'm turning into a Nazi zombie myself.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

I've got the last story update ready to go, but this page is getting pretty bogged down with images. So can we get some white noise posts to move it to the next page?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Yes. This is a good LP, I've enjoyed it.

• Locked thread